Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Edit: There was supposed to be a link for an ACV app that is a tuning guide and you could design ACs and look at every part in the game but it's region locked senseless.

Looks like I'll have to wait for my strategy guide to get here.

Edited by Hoppy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RJs have more drain because they can carry a lot more weight per point leg weight and jump higher, as opposed to the bipedal versions that carry less and have higher turning speed. FROM is actively trying to distinguish each part class in ACV, so they're all being adjusted. RJs and bipedals are very alike, so FROM has made one focus a bit more on having air dominance and one having ground dominance. You might think that adding drain to RJ legs makes their air dominance go down, but getting height in this game has to do with jumping power and doesn't drain much (regular boost is free). Most of the drain you suffer on your generator is from quick boosting, over boosting, and energy weapons fire.

I don't have the energy or the fluency to really translate that entire thing accurately at all, it's pretty big. Haha.

It basically starts off talking about how his job at FROM SOFTWARE and his experience with game development has been. Then it switches into a discussion about how long it has taken to get ACV done and about how he doesn't think making mass produced games is a good idea (he uses the AC portable games to illustrate). He thinks those were released badly, I believe. He then goes on to talk about how he thinks of Armored Core as a cult hit and uses food as an example. Specifically Ramen Jiro. It's sort of an acquired taste that not everyone shares, but that some people will just always go back to.

After that they talk about DLC content and how they worry about things like releasing high power parts and want to try to make sure the game doesn't explode from it. Near the end of the second page they talk about closed beta input and how a lot of people complained about voice chat being the only way to chat in the game. He mentions that he got mails about people being too shy to chat or their families complaining that they were too loud. Japanese people in general don't use voice chat like people in North America do, even on 360.

They then move on to discussing Overed Weapons and how they work and their balance. Nabeshima tries to quell the interviewers worry that OWs may be too powerful by stating that it's a highly risky weapon set that takes forever to charge and slowly burns the host player to death (I can elaborate on this sometime myself). He says that he can see it working on occassion vs specific enemies, like for ACs who need last resorts, but not as any type of standard for success. He talks about how ACV is built off of trade-offs and, as I've said myself numerous times, distinction of parts. He wants ACV to always have trade-offs, no matter what you choose to do. This is core to the OW design.

Finally he talks about how balancing the game is a chore because people change their opinions quickly. Some things are too strong, then some things are useless, etc. He thinks that by the time the game reaches its final form it'll take on a good state of balance, but that will take time.

The rest of the article is just talk on solo play and how they want to use co-op mode to get people comfortable with playing together. The difficulty supposedly does not go up for missions when more people join.

Then they make some jokes about how girls don't play AC and that's about it.

EDIT: That was all done with your google translated version and some quick references to the JP version when it was too confusing to understand in english (2x). Haha. If you want a clean translation your best bet is to get ahold of Cacophanus, as he's either better than me at JP by a lot or knows someone who is.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.4gamer.net%2Fgames%2F103%2FG010386%2F20120125038%2F

Another article by 4Gamer (You don't need to translate this one Niji, I think I got the gist this time :))

Basically it talks about ACV, compares changes from older games, and assuming that I'm right, they were very impressed with the game.

They also talk about things we already know, like the new boost mechanics, the change defense ratings to that its hard to achieve, the basics of OWs, and how Armored Core V is still about trial and error.

So here's my current experimental build:

Midweight biped with gatling gun, laser blade, heat howitzer, spread missiles and battle rifle. i'll tell you something, I miss the older machine guns that looked like the MWG-MG-800, but this gatling gun gives just as much a punch, if not more. And the blade animation is ORGASMIC.

I really can't wait for this to get released, once they fix all the minor bugs and stuff.

Did you try dual wielding blades? I went through that Hover craft like a .50 Cal Round through a lobster, That Heat Pile!

That interview sounded wonderful Niji. I'm happy that, for once, a company tries to make money by pleasing its current fanbase, instead of going the "WE WANT CALL OF DUTY'S AUDIENCE" route.

Did you try dual wielding blades? I went through that Hover craft like a .50 Cal Round through a lobster, That Heat Pile!

...I didn't even think of that.

I'm gonna try that the next time I get on. Thanks for the idea!

EDIT: That was all done with your google translated version and some quick references to the JP version when it was too confusing to understand in english (2x). Haha. If you want a clean translation your best bet is to get ahold of Cacophanus, as he's either better than me at JP by a lot or knows someone who is.

Thanks Niji! I don't really need a word for word translation, cause that would take forever and I know your busy, but I'll keep that in mind.

That interview sounded wonderful Niji. I'm happy that, for once, a company tries to make money by pleasing its current fanbase, instead of going the "WE WANT CALL OF DUTY'S AUDIENCE" route.

To be quite frank, I'm surprised. But then again, after the disaster which was AC4 and ACFA online I guess it makes sense.

http://translate.goo...layers%2Facv%2F

Also, the servers are back up. Also shows this image too below. Not sure what it means.

Judging from the translation, it seems territory will be opened up as more people join the game. This way late comers aren't screwed over as badly.

I'm gonna see if the demo can still connect. Like Niji said, chances are slim to none that it will, but its worth a shot.

http://www.armoredcore.net/players/acv/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2c07435d2371b163dbd328c32a21521e.jpg

Edited by farmboy28

Why did From make it so armor typing is dependant on the weight of the part? So tanks are always going to be ripped apart by machineguns now? That's really disappointing.

LW's get KE armor

MW's get CE armor

HW's get TE armor

That's the way it looks to me.

Edited by Duronix

I hope all the japs play that shitty.

From made a game that cuts the bullshit and ends training with the fight of your life, it's like you beat the mission well fuck no you will face this AC and you will like it, oh and your chances of winning are less than 20%.

Edited by Hoppy