Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

That part list doesn't have all the ACV parts yet Hoppy. It's still being updated. It's even missing parts from the demo. Also, like Barilzar said, that guy who does the tutorial mission doesn't really seem to know what he's doing. I suppose you could call it harsh to pit super new players up against an OW, but it's still an easier fight than what you get put up against in Demon's Souls by far. I'm fairly certain most people who have played AC before will probably cream that AI.

I still haven't even had my game shipped yet, btw. It's still processing for whateve stupid ass reason.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From made a game that cuts the bullshit and ends training with the fight of your life, it's like you beat the mission well fuck no you will face this AC and you will like it, oh and your chances of winning are less than 20%.

That was kind of odd though, how he just stopped shooting and really moving around. I think he either lost on purpose, or given the little cutscene afterwards it could be one of those things where you're supposed to lose.

Edited by Griffon

Like the end of Megaman X tutorial mission.

Maybe that OW knocks all your copied powers and Dr. Light upgrades out of your AC and drops your health bar down so you have to collect energy tanks, missile upgrades, screw attack, and charged beam.

Mega Armored Metroid X.

Like the end of Megaman X tutorial mission.

Maybe that OW knocks all your copied powers and Dr. Light upgrades out of your AC and drops your health bar down so you have to collect energy tanks, missile upgrades, screw attack, and charged beam.

Mega Armored Metroid X.

I loled at this.

Yeah the link doesn't have all the parts as it's missing some of the OWs and there's more gatling guns, but I posted it just to give people a look at the stats of some of the parts not in the demo.

My copy has shipped too, but it's definitely not getting here anywhere near as fast as AC:fA did.

Scheduled Delivery:

Monday, 01/30/2012, By End of Day

For reference, AC:fA was shipped to me the day before it was released in Japan and reached my home the day it was released in Japan. That was some amazing stuff. Same S&H this time, but worse delivery speed. Especially since it's on a weekend. If they had shipped on time, I would have had it before the end of the month. How lame. Well, I'll at least be able to update wiki with mission walkthrough videos, parts, part stats, and part pics after the 30th. I'm trying to upgrade my internet connection so that I can actually stream my play without tons of frame skips and terrible visual quality ruining the video, too. This gives me more time to get that done, though my area only seems to offer 1Mbps upload speed maximum. Pitiful.

By the way, I figured out how to get the final two subquests in the ACV demo's story mission. They are basically Don't Lose More Than 10,000 AP and Finish the Mission in Under 5 Minutes. Found that out when I did a very fast speedrun of the mission and got both together by accident. I've still been unable to get all 15 in one go, though. I think it may be impossible to get all 15 at once. The time limit is just absurdly short for doing all those subquests. I even used a highly abusive build and couldn't do it.

Like gamestop says, all it'll do is give you a headstart over other players. All parts aren't modified, not performance nor cosmetically I'm guessing. I'm pretty sure though. 168 parts/weapons that are cosmetically modified? What? Nope. They didn't mention looks either. You'll be able to get allll those parts and weapons later on. All they will do is make the game easier for you aka headstart and play multiplayer right off the bat, although I wouldn't do that until I got ALL parts. All in all, you'll just have an easier time at the story mission and be able to clear it a bit faster. It's nice though, don't get me wrong, I mean, it's free. And as you know; time is money. Although for people who don't live by a gamestop or anything, don't. The Assault package and 3 days earlier release is hardly worth the €10 or so, also, delivery will be a tad slower. So expect to get it 1-2 days before release in EU. Edited by Fenrawr

I wouldn't say he used it to take out a team by himself at all, hahahaha. Not if you actually watch the video and see all the damage his team does before they die and all the damage they soak to get him to that position. The defending team seemed bad too, such as the tank boosting around instead of staying grounded (which is how tanks whollop LWs). The defending team seemed especially disorganized in their map layout and position. There's no reason an invading force should have such an easy time just getting in as a group like that. It's almost like the defending team isn't even using a custom map layout for turrets, which is just silly.

On top of all of this he's using low refire rate arms for apparently no reason on shotguns and he misses a huge portion of his shots while playing the shotgun AC like you would an fA LW shotgun AC, but just much slower since it's ACV. Very linear drive-by play up until the end where he suddenly starts doing more bouncing around (he's terrible at moving), lockbox juking (great to see back in game), and flanking. Considering the game is so fresh, this is a good sign. It means we may evolve away from the linear play of AC:fA, which would make me very happy. The guy in the video just needs more practice, really.

Either way, he did good. He pulled his teams victory out of his ass.

Thanks for the link TFR and thanks for pulling the video from Nico Godly Perfection. You're free to link Nico videos directly here too, btw. A good portion of us have Nico accounts, haha.

EDIT: No, the DLC are not free.

EDIT: About the DLC.

[Niji] 2:09 am: Most of that DLC is so worthless.

[Niji] 2:09 am: It's like $3 to unlock regular parts.

[Niji] 2:09 am: Instead of finding them in the game.

[Niji] 2:09 am: But they divided it into "packages" and "complete packages" so they can make money off of lazy people.

[Niji] 2:09 am: =

[Niji] 2:09 am: They're all just standard game parts, as far as I can tell.

[Niji] 2:12 am: OMG

[Niji] 2:12 am: I think you can buy ALL of the parts.

[Niji] 2:13 am: So you don't have to play single player at all.

[Niji] 2:13 am: The parts lists are huge.

[Niji] 2:17 am: WHAT IS THIS: LR-81M KRSW

[Niji] 2:17 am: THERE ARE TWO VERSIONS OF THE KARASWA

[Niji] 2:17 am: KARASAWA*

[Niji] 2:17 am: AND IT HAS AN M

[Niji] 2:17 am: SO IT PROBABLY MEANS MOBILE.

[Niji] 2:17 am: MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINIIIIIIIIIII SAWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAWAAAAAWAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wouldn't say he used it to take out a team by himself at all, hahahaha. Not if you actually watch the video and see all the damage his team does before they die and all the damage they soak to get him to that position. The defending team seemed bad too, such as the tank boosting around instead of staying grounded (which is how tanks whollop LWs). The defending team seemed especially disorganized in their map layout and position. There's no reason an invading force should have such an easy time just getting in as a group like that. It's almost like the defending team isn't even using a custom map layout for turrets, which is just silly.

On top of all of this he's using low refire rate arms for apparently no reason on shotguns and he misses a huge portion of his shots while playing the shotgun AC like you would an fA LW shotgun AC, but just much slower since it's ACV. Very linear drive-by play up until the end where he suddenly starts doing more bouncing around (he's terrible at moving), lockbox juking (great to see back in game), and flanking. Considering the game is so fresh, this is a good sign. It means we may evolve away from the linear play of AC:fA, which would make me very happy. The guy in the video just needs more practice, really.

Either way, he did good. He pulled his teams victory out of his ass.

Thanks for the link TFR and thanks for pulling the video from Nico Godly Perfection. You're free to link Nico videos directly here too, btw. A good portion of us have Nico accounts, haha.

EDIT: No, the DLC are not free.

Nice analysis of the combat, I was curious to see if anyone else caught all that. ;) lol... it is pretty early on in the game, so I say his maneuvering was pretty decent. And you are right... the defensive team was terribly organized despite having an operator and a full team with no mercenaries. Was kind of disappointed. And early game turrets are jokes... they may not have enough power behind the territory to have decent turrets. And plus it was the first decent video that was put out on NicoVideo. lol...

Nice to meet you guys btw, I just registered today and this is my first post. I've been lurking for a while though.

I've put up 4 more videos since that one. I'm going to stick with multiplayer matches and informative videos so I don't spoil any story stuff for viewers. Sansviedotcom does the same thing for Dark Souls... pulling videos from nicovideo for people on youtube. After following him for a while it has been a very nice service so I figured I'd take some time to do it for the Armored Core guys waiting for the US release. :( Here are the videos, un-embedded since there are 4 of them and I don't want to fill a page.

RJ Ranked 8-man Battle Royal

3-man Battle Royal with Mr. Og of From Software

Tons of 1v1 Ranked Matches w/ Overed Death

1v1 Ranked Pile Driver Kills

I figured a good portion of you guys have NicoVideo accounts, but I've got to keep the lurker in mind. ;) Lots of people aren't fond of coming out of the wild to communities so I'm going to accommodate them. Anything that I find that I don't plan on uploading though (non-multiplayer matches like story mode stuff and other interesting things) I'll use NicoVideo links. I pinky promise. :)

Speaking of, someone found a fairly easy way to make 1 mil in about 15 seconds.

***Spoiler Alert***

http://www.nicovideo...atch/sm16808932

Edited by GodlyPerfection

Hahahahaha. Fkn Mass Blade. He used a massive fist to max the enemies colon in 15sec. Like a giant Kancho!

Rofl... totally. I LMAO'd when I first saw it. He apparently uses the maxed out overed weapon generator to pull it off. I did a slight time check and it took 10 seconds to fully pull it out and charge it up. The weapon reminds me of an Armored Core version of Halo's Gravity Hammer. lol..

Yah. Best Core/Gen combo I know off right now for using an OW is the KV-3D5 generator + the UCR-10/A core. 10/A gives enormous heat resistance so you don't melt to pieces after turning your OW on instantly and it also increases booster speed and OW charge speed by a good bit (40%!) when in Overed mode. The 3D5 generator has a crazy ass 80,000 output when in Overed mode too. These are just parts from the beta/demo though. I wouldn't be surprised if there were even better parts in the full game for using OWs. I will soon have the full game and then I can actually find out what the maxed stats really are.

Shit is crazy.

Yah. Best Core/Gen combo I know off right now for using an OW is the KV-3D5 generator + the UCR-10/A core. 10/A gives enormous heat resistance so you don't melt to pieces after turning your OW on instantly and it also increases booster speed and OW charge speed by a good bit (40%!) when in Overed mode. The 3D5 generator has a crazy ass 80,000 output when in Overed mode too. These are just parts from the beta/demo though. I wouldn't be surprised if there were even better parts in the full game for using OWs. I will soon have the full game and then I can actually find out what the maxed stats really are.

Shit is crazy.

Sounds pretty damn intense. It will be interesting to see how overed weapons play into the long term of ACV. They could play a pretty huge role in high level play if a team setups properly for it. We will have to wait and see. And I was completely unaware of the core's affect on overed weapons. That is very good to know. I'm going to go look more into it.

Btw, a big thanks for what you do with the site. I run my own site and community and I know how much work goes into it. Keep up the great work it is more than just appreciated. :( You've done a great job thus far. Looking forward to the wiki updates with all the parts. I'll be waiting til March 20th to get my US copy sadly as I play on the 360 and that is region locked. Oh well... more time to finish up the game I'm working on. lol... cuz once ACV hits I will have no time to do any work on it.

Edited by GodlyPerfection