Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That "wager points" is the team ranking pointing in a certain territory, you'll notice that in places you haven't played much in, you're not in the rankings but have points there. In a sense dominion matches are like pink slips in races, you bet points and winner takes all which in most cases nets you enough points to get into the ranks ( own a territory ) or drop out by losing.

Regular intrusions is like the slow and steady ladder climb but eventually you'll run into the lowest ranker team to take their spot.

That being said, that is why the top ranker team's logo shows up in a certain territory; they's accumulated a lot of points. Through non-stop battling of course, hahah.

Also, there is a periodic server reset/refresh that I was hoping for to neuteralize all territories like how it was in AC4/4A's ranked matches. So don't give up yet.

Actually you may not be able to take the territory right away... I re-read the translation and it says you lose it at the end of the season if the durability is 0. Not sure who gets it at that point.

http://www.armoredco...anual/worldmenu

It seems that they've changed it from the trial version. The territory was removed when I had my ass handed by two ACs during the demo.

I wonder how long it'd take until the server resets.

Edited by Red Shirt (Grayscale)

It seems that they've changed it from the trial version. The territory was removed when I had my ass handed by two ACs during the demo.

I wonder how long it'd take until the server resets.

Yeah that should happen in a dominion match. I'm talking about regular intrusion matches not dominion matches. If you lose in a dominion match you will lose your territory.

haha why would anyone invade alone?.. Anyhow, here's a review I saw on facebook today from ACO. Seems like this game is making a really good impression.

http://www.mechadama...red-core-v-910/

Some territories are even held by one AC, that's how I got a territory by getting lucky and doing a dominion battle with only 1 AC opponent, however I lost it 3 days ago to a team filled with dual sawa ACs. I've also been in 5 emergency situations where I've only faced 1 AC vs 3 mercs and myself.

you know what really has me pumped about ACV? that we wont only be customizing our ACs anymore, but our teams as well. I cant wait to see the many different combinations of specialized ACs that teams will have or specific team colors for all their ACs. All that sort of cool stuff people are gonne come up with to make their teams as personal and unique as possible. I CANT WAIT.

I was saying it'll be a while before players break off the mentality of being a "one man army" and "I can beat anyone!" Before proper teams with specialized units ( dedicated sniper, recon, heavy... Etc ) start forming.

The hardest unit to find being the Operator, sure some will try it for fun or because of circumstances but a dedicated operator will be very rare. Of course I'm sure there will be back up operators to let the original one have fun shooting stuff but I'm not too optimistic about the AC players sharing the same "team-work" idea.

But! It's going to be loads of fun to teach those lonewolf pro-wannabes what tactical team play is all about.

Great point, Moon Walker. I bet participating in a match with a team like that would be exhilarating! I think what you're describing are the show-boaters, and I dislike them, too. However, I can really respect some of the less douche-y lone wolves out there.

Okay guys, here's a question I have not been able to answer through lurking harder, better, faster, or stronger. It's for all of you who imported: Does Team Level raise as quickly as it did in the demo? And am I correct in assuming that all parts become available by the time you reach Team Level 50? My hope is to have my build a little more optimized by the time I go competitive, and I don't mind grinding story missions until I unlock my Pile Bunkers at Level 48.

I was saying it'll be a while before players break off the mentality of being a "one man army" and "I can beat anyone!" Before proper teams with specialized units ( dedicated sniper, recon, heavy... Etc ) start forming.

The hardest unit to find being the Operator, sure some will try it for fun or because of circumstances but a dedicated operator will be very rare. Of course I'm sure there will be back up operators to let the original one have fun shooting stuff but I'm not too optimistic about the AC players sharing the same "team-work" idea.

But! It's going to be loads of fun to teach those lonewolf pro-wannabes what tactical team play is all about.

That's part of the reason why I'm excited to jump into the 360 scene as a lot of groups of friends already understand the importance of teamwork. The group I plan on playing with are big on the team aspect of things and several are actually extremely excited to learn to be a great operator. I'm glad we won't have too much of a shortage. I got some great operator practice in the demo, but it was no where near enough. I've learned a couple new tricks while watching videos and working on the spreadsheet has gotten me familiar with a lot of the weapons. I'm hoping to have a good majority of the weapons memorized by the time the game launches.

Also found out that you can do a sort of in-depth scan on your opponents while in operator mode. It then gives you the same energy bar underneath them as your teammates do and you also get full stats on how much ammo they have remaining in each gun and how many recon units they have and what not. It is amazing how much information you get and weeding all that down and figuring out what to relay to your team is going to be a skill that will only truly grow with experience.

hm is there a way to try out operator mode in the demo? >_< im curious to know if itd be easy for me

You need real players to give orders and advice too, so no.

I'm all for playing operator on the PS3 side. As a matter of fact, my brother who has always been the better frame designer is really excited about joining in as well as an operator (Though he's currently in college and I still don't have my own system). I'm thinking about getting a new bluetooth headset as well, I don't know how well the ones I have here are up to the task of picking up my freaking voice.

Also looking into getting more attention to the 360 side since an old college friend is an avid gamer who was pretty excited when I showed him the gameplay vids at the time.

YES! Finally got a second gold plate for my team.

Also if anyone has encountered the big super turrets yet, you can infact use those in defending your territory. There also seams to be upgraded versions of every turret. THIS IS AMAZING!

XD you can use parts of typeD 5 as turrets.

There are so many turrets here I've never seen before! *heartattack*

Edited by sniper

So basicly, it's Chromehounds, but without actuall factions.

Except Armored Core needs a ton more piloting skill than Chromehounds does. Chromehounds is slow and very tactical so you will get the hang of the team centric features very quickly... but you've still got to learn to keep up with faster ACs and anticipate them fast enough to counter them properly. Being able to make tactical decisions under fast paced pressure is a bit different from the slower tactical side of things. Not saying that Chromehound players won't be good at Armored Core, just pointing out that there is another major skill that Chromehound players are going to have to learn. Hope you get the game and enjoy it. ;) Best of luck to you. :wiggle:

hm is there a way to try out operator mode in the demo? >_< im curious to know if itd be easy for me

Unfortunately, as Ogawa has said, no. You need to be online in order to play that role which means you either buy the japanese version or wait till March. But as to the questions whether its easy, well, not really.

Except Armored Core needs a ton more piloting skill than Chromehounds does. Chromehounds is slow and very tactical so you will get the hang of the team centric features very quickly... but you've still got to learn to keep up with faster ACs and anticipate them fast enough to counter them properly. Being able to make tactical decisions under fast paced pressure is a bit different from the slower tactical side of things. Not saying that Chromehound players won't be good at Armored Core, just pointing out that there is another major skill that Chromehound players are going to have to learn. Hope you get the game and enjoy it. ;) Best of luck to you. :wiggle:

^And this is part of the reason why. ACV may be slower than FA but its still pretty fast, much faster than any RTS. Situations change real fast, and you need to be able to think and talk fast. The biggest problem I had was I kept forgetting which button was which beacon, so I kept spamming them all over the place. Probably annoyed my teammate a bit :P

I didn't have too much issues doing it, but other people who tried said it was pretty difficult. My Operator guide talks about a bit.

Don't know if i posted this yet, but here's some other trophies for ACV

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/02/amored-core-v-achievement-list/

http://www.justpushs...-v-trophy-list/

Edited by farmboy28

I like being an operator myself and getting better at it each time. Also you need to check on your teammate's status often both live video you can pull up and through the general stats, I helps a lot if you see what's going on in real time.

I like being an operator myself and getting better at it each time. Also you need to check on your teammate's status often both live video you can pull up and through the general stats, I helps a lot if you see what's going on in real time.

That's great! In general I haven't found a whole lot of people interested in playing the role a lot, so that's definitely good to hear.

The big issue with that is what happens when you have you have five people in your team online at a certain time and no one wants the Operator position?

I actually didn't know about the live video thing when I tried the demo online so I was handicapped. Still did okay I guess.

That's great! In general I haven't found a whole lot of people interested in playing the role a lot, so that's definitely good to hear.

The big issue with that is what happens when you have you have five people in your team online at a certain time and no one wants the Operator position?

I actually didn't know about the live video thing when I tried the demo online so I was handicapped. Still did okay I guess.

I think it's only in the full game.

I think it's only in the full game.

Nah the live feed is in the demo... I used it a bunch during the two days we played. I love being an operator as well. I've been "training" byself by watching operator perspective videos and quickly reading stats and figuring out what weapons the guy that they are scanning has. It is pretty fun... lol. I feel like a damn nerd. Can't wait to get into this on 20th.

Btw I'm looking for a couple of importers to try out the spreadsheet that I just finished up for a day or two to see if they can find any quick issues with it before I put it out for the public. Anyone want to give it a try? Just finished all the save/load/delete garage system this morning as well as error checking for if you try to equip an overed weapon with hanger weapons or if you try to put on shoulders with an arm part that can't use shoulders, etc.

^And this is part of the reason why. ACV may be slower than FA but its still pretty fast, much faster than any RTS.
Wow bro you couldn't be any more wrong about that one. Great RTS players have to play faster than great players of any other game genre. Fighters probably being number 2 on the list of genres that need you to be fast.

Wow bro you couldn't be any more wrong about that one. Great RTS players have to play faster than great players of any other game genre. Fighters probably being number 2 on the list of genres that need you to be fast. [/font][/color]

Okay so we get the greatest RTS players to play Fighters and Shooters. And they will more than likely wipe the floor with the supposed great players of those genres!?

Wow bro you couldn't be any more wrong about that one. Great RTS players have to play faster than great players of any other game genre. Fighters probably being number 2 on the list of genres that need you to be fast. [/font][/color]

Yes they are fast, but they don't require as much hand eye coordination as Fighters/Shooters etc. The beauty of shortcuts and macros... lol :wiggle: