Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

"Conquest is about winning"

If you want to win that bad then go ahead, do whatever it takes to prove that you can win. Feel good that you had to use something out of your play style/preference. Wining is everything in conquest, I'd do anything to win...anything. So so sad. By all means do what you have to, you won't be proving anything. Why are people separating conquest with free battle? It's PvP, enjoy the game and stop trying to prove a point by being rank 1 in World Map. Whatever happen to the satisfaction of wining because YOU did it and not the broken ass build. The problem with weak minded people is that they LOVE to follow

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im more so tired of a lack of patching at this point, I could care less about conquest considering Ive only got one other dude on my team. Whilst most teams I run into are full-set Dual gat/ Shotgunners. Frankly Id rather disband my current team and join another if only to have an actual "team".

[/font][/color]

Or they use their wing-team to refresh all their AP and all you did was for nothing.

And Ninebreakers are on top due to some foul play involving sending in a member to purposefully lose conquest missions into some teams.

see i had no idea they had a wing team. Learning things everyday.

From every encounter my team and I have had with them its been done either in text prior to the fight or they just were being nice. Never once have they blitzed us, but after hearing from so many people about it i guess we just got lucky. I still enjoy fighting them but i guess i don't respect them as much now that i know of some of this.

One thing i do want to mention is all this talk about problematic parts is tiring. We all know by now whats broken and what needs to be patched. When the patches hit everyone will be able to have a little breathing room. But what i want to mention is how people seem to keep reacting to the usage of these parts. People will do what they want to win, we all know that. So why is it when people see a player using dual gats, BR's, snipers with sub-computers, shotguns, or pulse guns they act like every player that does such should be made sure that they know how bad they are? And to go on, its almost like people can't get a break because i have been in free matches where someone might have something like Gat - BR, Shotgun - Pulse Gun with flash rockets all in one build and yet the entire room chews them out for even touching any of those parts. What it sounds like is you have to purposely limit yourself to play the game without being reprimanded by others. BUT in the same case you might be laughed at for using a varied build that doesn't utilize the better parts in a specific part tree. Anyway just something I see all to often.

One thing i do want to mention is all this talk about problematic parts is tiring. We all know by now whats broken and what needs to be patched. When the patches hit everyone will be able to have a little breathing room. But what i want to mention is how people seem to keep reacting to the usage of these parts. People will do what they want to win, we all know that. So why is it when people see a player using dual gats, BR's, snipers with sub-computers, shotguns, or pulse guns they act like every player that does such should be made sure that they know how bad they are? And to go on, its almost like people can't get a break because i have been in free matches where someone might have something like Gat - BR, Shotgun - Pulse Gun with flash rockets all in one build and yet the entire room chews them out for even touching any of those parts. What it sounds like is you have to purposely limit yourself to play the game without being reprimanded by others. BUT in the same case you might be laughed at for using a varied build that doesn't utilize the better parts in a specific part tree. Anyway just something I see all to often.

happens in the fighting game community. People want to stick to low tier and have a false sense of superiority.

Or in this case guy using the broken stuff / cookie cutter build and getting chewed out since players want to see variety.

Look at vanilla Street Fighter 4, where all you ran into was shotos and Sagat online. Shotos were easy to use, Sagat was powerful etc.

"Conquest is about winning"

If you want to win that bad then go ahead, do whatever it takes to prove that you can win. Feel good that you had to use something out of your play style/preference. Wining is everything in conquest, I'd do anything to win...anything. So so sad. By all means do what you have to, you won't be proving anything. Why are people separating conquest with free battle? It's PvP, enjoy the game and stop trying to prove a point by being rank 1 in World Map. Whatever happen to the satisfaction of wining because YOU did it and not the broken ass build. The problem with weak minded people is that they LOVE to follow

Maybe I should lay off the devil's advocate, maybe I'm coming off as a dick, and that's really not my intention.

If I use a broken build and you use the same broken build the better player should win more often then not. Plain and simple. You're still the one utilizing the broken stuff.

I'm pretty sure you play acu you're gonna see some variety.

It could be argued that it is weak minded to not use the powerful stuff. Let's expand on that a bit

it's not as significant but, There's what, three generators worth using right now? (ho vital, sonne, etc)?

What about boosters?

Myself and accursed actually had some sessions where we didn't do a damn thing except test random weapons just for variety and to see if we were missing out on handy stuff. Hell we thought a midweight kneeler would be worth it but found some interesting stuff. Honestly the only thing that seems fully useless right now is railguns (obsolete compared to other kneelers) handguns (shotguns do a better job stunning, usfeull only when combined with stability jammer) and Physical Blade (completely inferior to every other type of cqc with nothing to redeem it)

hopefully you see what I'm getting at here. I have one ac that conforms to an extent (rifle, bat rifle, flash rocket, napa, shotgun rj) but would you, for the sake of variety actually use things like the physical blade or railgun? It's suicide.

@ Densuo: Well, I use physical blade, I hit a dude with it once or twice in a vicious blade match. It worked alright, not as powerful as dual moonlight. You know you can boost out of the reload animation and it still reloads right? It's pretty cool, I might make a heavy arms AC with it. It'll be cool.

This part is directed at no one in particular:

I try non-tier parts because I enjoy just playing. Winning isn't everything to me, although I do still try to win. For me, its like a respect thing, I try not to cop out because i feel that is disrespectful and ruins the other player's experience. Definitely tier is rushing objectives as howitzers TEAMS not just individuals. And that is ruining the game right now. People want the bragging rights of being sole map owner, yet they resort to dishonorable tactics to get there.

So because of this, the game has become a sort of lamer's fantasy. Reciprocal laming in order to hold a spot on the map. We are on the map because we don't necessarily have to do it that way. A BR/Gat works well for killing helis, but because it doesn't kill them as fast its not as widely used as dual howitzers. Stupid thing is, if you kill the defenders, the objective no longer matters, because you just won anyways. So all these dudes fucking homo-laming as dual queerzers are ruining conquest mode because, like true pussies, you are opting out of the fights that actually make the fucking game.

Lets not bullshit either and say that free mode makes up for this. It's not the main focus of the game, at all. For now we are playing free battles because of the current problems, and thats that. Not to say that everyone MUST play conquest afterwards when there are free fixes fucking given back to us. So if Namco Bandai does actually give us any patches, it'll be better. Probably waiting for a stable game-state achieved by FROM in Japan.

Nab I respect that. I'm crazy enough to use howies for offense. But hey.... If we know people are gonna blitz helos we could probably setup delicious jammers. Or give a sniper cannon a shot. Too bad we can't force a defense with data stealing then you'd really force a fight.

I think countering howitzer blitzes is doable.

Missile turrets, jammers and focus on wiping targets out one at a time with a full team ass raping them one by one. Operator and recon would be required of course.

I think howies get nerfed later. So it goes back to waiting on a patch.

Edited by Densuo

Sirlin mentality slaughters games, yah. It basically sucks the life right out of the game in a faux pass at trying to seem competitive while never recognizing the basic purpose of competition. It basically attempts to justify a gambling addiction, which is about winning that represents no personable characteristics. It's very likely to completely kill ACV's activity level.

Sirlin mentality slaughters games, yah. It basically sucks the life right out of the game in a faux pass at trying to seem competitive while never recognizing the basic purpose of competition. It basically attempts to justify a gambling addiction, which is about winning that represents no personable characteristics. It's very likely to completely kill ACV's activity level.

from weaker players maybe. I'm positive if I played anyone with half a brain here with me using an ac with the broken stuff I'd get picked apart unless they really made some poor design choices.

if ya don't want to use the broken stuff and ya can't beat it ya can't complain about losing then. I got pissy myself after nob creamed me with dual napas till accursed showed me a few things, I started using the weapon and figuring out ways to beat or contain it. This is using tools. The broken stuff is there. Use it. Abuse it. And when the patches come out people will adapt and move to the strongest stuff again or Theyll find that it's not gonna work that way anymore and We'll see variety since as previously mentioned, From ain't so bad (unlike capcom) at balancing.

At the end of it all I still think the territory defense exploit (wing teams jobbing)/not being able to attack specific points is what is ruining conquest. That's what I see as the sportsmanship issue.

On a sidenote: me and accursed and a few others wondered about this, how much of a delay is there between something happening and what happened being displayed on the ticker?

Edit: too bad teams don't get warned when they get attacked. Would help as far as getting some fights.

Also. Our team colors are orange sorbet.

Edited by Densuo

In most cases people want this game because it's an extremely customizable mech-game. If people use the same builds what's the point of making them customizable? Comparing this to a fighting game just doesn't really cut it as there aren't 500+ characters to choose from. Even then, a lot of the times it's just different skins with the same moves/style.

I don't believe the problem is with the mentality, but rather with the fact that the game itself is in need of some desperate rebalancing, and Namco Bandai has absolutely no interest in actually taking the responsibility to do so.

In most cases people want this game because it's an extremely customizable mech-game. If people use the same builds what's the point of making them customizable? Comparing this to a fighting game just doesn't really cut it as there aren't 500+ characters to choose from. Even then, a lot of the times it's just different skins with the same moves/style.

I feel you. But it's just like how there's bad parts in ac just like there are bad moves a character shouldn't do etc.

But that really goes to what alot of us feel. The game needs that rebalancing to make the other parts better.

I like orange sorbet.

I have at least one ac rocking team colors. Orange sorbet is fuggin delish.

Hopefully FROM will sue Bamco for being such piss poor handlers of their franchise.

But of those, that implies that we live in a world where crap like this doesn't happen in the first place. So eh.

What can ya do?

.....wait... From could sue Bamco for this?

I think the whole mentality that we are seeing right now in conquest mode will eventually die off as well. As the game gets older those kind of people will be mostly flushed out. What will remain are the people who pride themselves on piloting skills and general use of tactics. The people who get a rush (pardon the pun) using teams of howitzer blitzes are likely to burn out on this game rather quickly.

I think the whole mentality that we are seeing right now in conquest mode will eventually die off as well. As the game gets older those kind of people will be mostly flushed out. What will remain are the people who pride themselves on piloting skills and general use of tactics. The people who get a rush (pardon the pun) using teams of howitzer blitzes are likely to burn out on this game rather quickly.

I got a great example as to why that isn't true. Goldemercenary. If you knew him you know what i'm talking about.

Also keep in mind if someone is getting enjoyment of being on top by playing like a mentally retarded monkey they will continue to do so.

so i went to a public team battle

the other team kept using USGs and other gay shit and talking shit on the mic, taking the whole 3 minutes to assemble their AC's every time and talking about how much they poon

after a couple of rounds of going 4 on 4 and my team dying right in the beginning and me picking some of them off every round

i used dual USGs next round and raped all 4 of them, they started saying how cheap i was and kicked me from the room LOL

fucking retards lol

I got a great example as to why that isn't true. Goldemercenary. If you knew him you know what i'm talking about.

Also keep in mind if someone is getting enjoyment of being on top by playing like a mentally retarded monkey they will continue to do so.

All I am saying is the people who get enjoyment off w/e "unfair" weapon or tactic usually end up getting bored and move on to the next rather quickly. I totally agree, some people do stick with it a long time. Most will leave with time though, it loses its taste lol.

I haven't heard of Goldemercenary before. Which game was he a part of?