Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

THERE'S FUCKING FIRE EVERYWHERE AND NO QUICKBOOST - I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WATCHED A SHORT TRAILER RECORDED BY A CAMERA PHONE.

JESUS CHRIST, THEY HALVED THE SIZE OF ACs! THIS MEANS NOTHING BUT WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT IT LIKE IT DOES.

OMGWTF AN AC's HEAD HAS A FIRE BREATHING MOUTH.

HOLY SHIT, LOOK AT ALL THESE PRETTY FUCKING PICTURES AND THE OFFICIAL FUCKING WEBSITE.

Billy Mays had lots to say.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the darndest feeling that it's going to be a LR/fA hybrid like we all wanted. Fromsoft isn't entirely stupid as can be seen with reg 1.2-->1.4. Doesn't matter how it comes out still /want/ I also have to make up for not getting the psp ac's :S

The AC in the 9th pic is a quad or is the same AC transformed into a quad and this means either:

1. Quads are confirmed

2. If not a true quad but a transformation into quad mode would mean I got my wish for transformable ACs and it's about time.

3. Both have a chance of confirmation.

Edited by Hoppy

I wanna see those things (you guys already know though I suppose):

- A generator system that's not like in the newer Generation, but that's not like the older ones as well. Somewhere in between.

- Overed Weapons should bust your gen or give you handicaps as expected, lest it make the game over broke (FROM must've realised it with Kojis, GEYRON3, and a few others...)

- Cannon system... just make it balanced and interesting, It doesn't matter what FROM does, as long as EVERY set of legs has it's own value, we're good to go. (like in old PS2 AC3 era where most legs were balanced)

- Story. Just to attract more people so we can in turn have more people to blow up on MP afterwards.

- VARIETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Not just seek and destroy. Defend, pursuit, recon, infiltration, salvage, I want it all.

- An AC game with no blade is a fake AC game. Friggin keep'em.

Or something a bit like that.

I do find it funny though that bullets impacting on the OUTER armor can heat up the INNER ARMOR.

Really, the generator should be protected from everything, incliding heat. (Except when it's the environment)

Maybe replace heat with... actually, coming to think of it, let's replace heat with FUEL.

I will be very pleased if they take out QB and bring back an actual lockbox.

There is a lockbox in AC4, it's just in the shape of an eye.

Or something to that effect.

Lockboxes are going to be a complicated matter for this. FROM's first and foremost goal will be raking in as much cash as possible, and lockboxes as we once knew them really put off new players. If they do bring lockboxes back, it'll need to be more akin to what we had in Silent Line, but with your secondary gun selection also affecting the size, as it did in NX-LR.

Lockboxes are a take-it-or-leave-it matter for me. It depends entirely on game speed. But what I would like to see more than anything in this vein are missiles locking on one-by-one once again. I hate this "you were in my sights for a quarter of a second, now have some POPLAR+OSAGE+BELTCREEK wrath" bullshit.

TM wants a smaller lockbox as opposed to a lockbox the size of your screen, and potentially bigger. The reason behind that is that TM, like many other older players, really like the ability to juke a lockbox and trick an FCS without having to plain old leave the players field of view completely. It's safe to say that you can juke anything if you leave it's field of perception, so that typically doesn't count. Haha.

I, too, want lockboxes back. Real ones. I wouldn't mind QB being built in, either. I think that, with the habit the newer community has, that all the old QB extensions would be used quite a bit by them if they resurfaced. Assuming they don't make extensions out of them again, though, they can always integrate it and just make them have the same stats as the old extensions. If you ever played the old games seriously you'd know how much that could change the game.

Just add all the QB Extensions in LR into all AC's by default, without taking up part slots and with the exact same usage stats. Instant game change by a great degree. It might even become unplayable to some degree because of how hard it is to hit consecutively with weapons as it is. It might not, too. So I don't think they should get rid of QB. I just think they should use the old QB system but remove the need to equip parts to use it. Then just fine tune energy drain to be relative to the new generations capacities.

-----

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here right now isn't to talk about Lockboxes, though. I was wondering if you kids could all do me a favor and find as much AC5 content as is possible and post links to it here in this thread. I can collect them into a single topic that can then be viewed with ease.

Thanks beforehand to anyone who helps!