ECM, are they usefull in fA?

Master P Rayer

as a gimmick, they work. the BFF ones that activate while on you take you completely off the oponents radar and doesnt cause interference. if youre sneaky enough, you can backstab people from behind, below, or above and get some free hits in. sorta hard to pulll off tho and not very rewarding unless your ac is made for it and has stuff like hilazerz and zooks

• 2 weeks later...

He likes Kandy

I had a sniper AC with ECMs on 4, specialized in Desert combat, lol, people hated it, so I could only assume it would kinda work if you used it right?

• 2 months later...

I'm fairly certain that ECM reduces lock range of weapons. I will have to do some LAN tests with video or something to know for sure, tho. I'll edit this post with a LAN test later on today or tomorrow just to make sure. It certainly would be nice if ECM doesn't reduce range, haha. Less worries for me.

Also, ECM may be problematic on Big Box and Cradle.

EDIT: Yah, ECM didn't change the effective FCS or Weapon lock ranges of the AC's I tested. I didn't bother testing what else it could have affected though. I'm busy goofing off with my LR AC's!

ECM Test Video

• 3 weeks later...

Plasma Rifles/Cannons also have an ECM effect to them, and those effects can be huge. Not to mention they hurt when they hit.

I believe a Plasma weapon is more effective than an ECM-Maker, as they do not take up the shoulder slot that could be used for something like flares or an AA-amplifier, and they can be used offensively as a weapon or defensively as an ECM-Maker. The major con here is that they are EN hogs in both equipping and using them.

But as far as ECM-Makers go, they are better used in small areas (like Underground) to set-up ambushes. CQC AC's tend to highly benefit from them, such as a Blader or Machine Gun/Slug Gun combo user.