Internet Privacy

Magnus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZE7lOy8b3w...player_embedded

This pretty much sums up all the issues going on with privacy lately. Facebook is just as bad, but with less email and more personal information.

And let's not forget that whole fiasco with Farmville, where you could get information that was supposed to be set to private through it easily.

Thoughts?

I'm all for allowing people to give any information they want out, but not for forcing that information out. Privacy on the Internet has been shitting out lately. The reason Anonymous is such a famous person is because no one knows exactly who he is. I'd like to keep it that way. It was already easy enough for someone to get your info via the Internet before if they knew what they were doing, now even the most handicapped individuals are being given the ability to harass people with little to no effort.

Fucking douchebags removed the video.

Fuck farmville, I get spammed by people inviting me to do shit for them.

I don't want to give you a piece of log.

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

what... they're quick

Oh. Wow. It did get deleted.

I guess insulting google on a google owned medium will make that happen.

Anyway, the video was about the Google Shitter, filled with references about how google was already scanning your emails and your searches for what you like, and soon people's phonecalls over google cellphones. The google shitter will sift through your shit and show you ads based on what you like to eat!

And then google sold the guy's info to the US government and decided to draft him or something.

Well, with regards to Google and privacy...

http://www.cracked.com/article_18540_5-rea...red-google.html

Anyway, there's always been the school of thought that the ability to be so anonymous on the internet has allowed for people to cause harm to others without any consequences. People who follow this idea believe that if you remove the anonymity, people will keep their attitudes and actions in check.

My theory is that none of those people have ever used the internet. Even on sites where people have been commenting under their own names (e.g. Facebook), a lot of them are still tremendous assholes. We've all seen it. It's funny when you know those people, too, because when you encounter them in real life they seem surprised that anyone could be upset with them.

In everything - not just the internet - anonymity has become the secondary option, not the default.

Further regards to Google and its privacy...

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Google-...?wlc=1274749041

Being anonymous isn't that easy in real life. Not with cameras everywhere. Traffic cameras, phone cameras, TV cameras, drunken girl's camera who thinks she's being artistic...

Then there's that new app that if someone takes a picture of you with it, they can find any social website you're on or some jazz like that.

Then there's Australia who prefer to do it in person.

http://gnews.com/world/Aussie-Rules-Change...3520612409.html

Edited by Obscure

I'll punch the first person that takes my info.

Even if it's a cop. I'm going to jail happy and Bubba will break me out so I can live my life as a Mexican bandito who steals twinkies from Shipments going to the USA.

And then I enter chapter 2.