Video Game Music

Nomrah

I like Super Metriod, too! I also like to broadcast myself playing video games over XFire's LiveStream feature. When I do, I typically broadcast remixe's of different game music I've enjoyed. Also, no, it's not all techno remixes. Most of it isn't techno at all, haha.

Here's the site I prefer: OCRemix

Example Music:

Chrono Trigger - "

"

Chrono Trigger - "

"

Donkey Kong Country - "

"

Donkey Kong Country - "

"

Secret of Mana - "

"

Secret of Mana - "

"

Super Mario World - "

"

Super Mario World - "

"

Super Metroid - "

"

Super Metroid - "

"

Tales of Phantasia - "

"

Tales of Phantasia - "

"

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - "

"

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - "

"

Xenogears - "

"

Xenogears - "

"

I hope you enjoy! For those of you that are wondering, those songs are all from the list I play when broadcasting games. The actual list is much bigger, though. Hahaha.

~_^

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix Wright also had a fantastic soundtrack.

Yessssssss. I fucking love this song. I stopped playing just so that the song would loop once.

The Magic Trick Society makes killer remixes of their soundtracks.

Okay, now onto the list:

Edit: Added more songs from my childhood years, among other things.

Edited by /b/

Time for me to talk about one of my favorite games, a very underrated game I must add.

Ecco: The Tides of Time

For those who dont know, this was a game released for the Sega Genesis, as well as the Sega Saturn but I am strictly speaking for the Genesis release. It is the second game in the series. In the game you play as a Dolphin named Ecco and it is your job to defend the planet from an alien species titled "The Vortex". The game seemed innocent at first glance sneaking its way into young childrens Sega's, but underneath the soft dolphin exterior was a hardcore action adventure game, with some very eerie music and environments. The game was hard as nails, quite possibly the hardest game I have ever played, and the unnerving atmosphere and moody music made matters even worse. This is a game I will always remember and appreciate, it could get very intense at times, very stressful, but the highly original setting and atmosphere kept going. Easily on of my favorite aspects of the game was its incredible soundtrack, one of the main reasons the game felt the way it did.

Some of my favorite songs from the game.

Title Theme-

Two Tides-

Inside-

Tube of Medusa-

Fault Zone-

Aqua Tubeway-

Big Water-

Here are some screenshots I took to enjoy with the music.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Nomrah/ecco2pic3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Nomrah/ecco2pic4.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Nomrah/ecco2pic6.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Nomrah/ecco2pic2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Nomrah/ecco2pic1.jpg

Edited by Nomrah

PUUUUUURRAAASSSSUUUMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH~~~~~~~~~~

Holy shit that dolphin game looks like it was designed by people who were on copious amounts of crystal meth, hahahaha. Epic shit man. Haha. The music is pretty good, though.

Ecco the Dolphin was so great. I don't know if you can call it underrated though, at all. It might be not as talked about anymore since it was a genesis game but at the time it was considered one of the most brilliant games ever made. It had unbelievable hype too before it was released. I remember all I ever heard about was that damn game.

It was worth the hype though that game was phenomenal.

Ecco the Dolphin was so great. I don't know if you can call it underrated though, at all. It might be not as talked about anymore since it was a genesis game but at the time it was considered one of the most brilliant games ever made. It had unbelievable hype too before it was released. I remember all I ever heard about was that damn game.

It was worth the hype though that game was phenomenal.

Thanks for filling me on what it was like during its time =). I was very young at the time of its release, four years old actually and Im glad to hear it got its due of hype. I suppose I got the idea that it was underrated due to the fact that through all my years growing up, I hardly met a single person who said they heard of the game, which I found unfortunate. Although its quite possibly due to the fact I live in Minnesota haha. Glad to hear your a fan!

Edited by Nomrah

You guys have surprisingly good taste in music. It makes me happy. ^3^

I of course enjoy AC music, Megaman music, some boss tracks from Final Fantasy, and etc. My favorites are usually 8 bit or futuristic techno, but a little classic instrumental delights always tickle my fancy.

I of course enjoy AC music

There has been music from AC I have really enjoyed, primarily the tracks from MoA, AC2 and AC3. After those games it almost seems as though they stopped caring about the music. (I am not including AC4/FA or Nexus as I have not played them) The music in Nine Breaker and Last Raven seemed almost non-existant to me. I'd be doing battles and there would be no music to pump me up whatsoever, it was all a bunch of tiny scrambled tinkering sounds, no prominent techno beats, no awesome catchy melodies and no edgy sound to the tunes at all, atleast thats how it seemed to me.

However, the earlier games were nothing like that, they had badass beats, awesome hardcore sound and amazing melodies. They were songs that I remember and will not forget.

Its hard to find AC music on youtube, but I'll post AC tracks that I really liked.

Im saddened that I could not find all the MoA tracks I wanted, if anyone finds all of the MoA tracks please let me know.

King Lear-

One of the best songs from AC2. Hell, this song is so badass it might as well be one of my favorite VG tracks of all time. Just because of this song, AC's going on my favorite music list.

Ambiguity-

I always loved this song from MoA. Plays during the level where you attack the castle fortress, and that bastard with the high powered laser arms comes out.

Song that plays when you let the controller sit at title screen-

This song always pumped me up.

Junk Mail-

Another real good track.

Edited by Nomrah

Demon's Souls music was great for setting the scene. Tower Knight's theme was one of the best in that game for sure.

Uhhh for more recent games I really liked ff13's soundtrack...Valkyria Chronicles had a pretty good one too...Persona 3 (not so new) and Persona 4 had phenomenal ones as well. What else...I'm drawing a blank here for stuff I played more recently.

Oh well Ogre Battle's soundtrack was rad and I play that thru like once a year so I guess that counts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
OMFG MYSTICAL NINJA GOEMON FUCK YES!

Holy fuck this.

The song that played during the very last area of the game always got me so fucking pumped as a kid. Goddamn, nostalgia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EF3zTw7F00

That was it. Holy fuck that takes me back.

I always thought these two were neat too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj0Ikkz6aEA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This: All Mega Man Music.

Skies of Arcadia, Wild Arms, F-Zero, Virtual Fighter, Gaia Seed (JP), Gundam Wing: Endless Duel, Western Outlaws (JP), MARVEL/NAMCO/Tatsuoko vs CAPCOM, Street Fighter...

Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn): Panic Puppet Zone 1/2.

The Mega Man cartoon intro. GERMAN VERSION.

I refuse to provide YouSuck links like the rest of you.

EDIT: Typos after double-checking my shit. I fail.

Edited by Zephorius