I Suck at Fighting

Neko Arc Chaos

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6913/mevsraphael.png

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/743/58674204.png

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5205/16962841.png

Me and my friend raphael. I lost though in the middle of the second to a submission.

I'm the one with the dreads.

Here's a video too:

http://hansenworks.smugmug.com/Other/5-27-...884303879_Lp7hL

Man, why didn't you stab that dude in the heart? The fight would've been over so quick.

But seriously, that was pretty tight. I should see if there are places like that in Austin so I can indulge my primal boodlust/get facial reconstruction.

Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

he had you on the defensive from the word go, always a bad sign. You'll need to practice how to reverse a pin for future fights. Also there is never anything wrong with taking it to a ground fight when your opponent starts throwing wide, sloppy kicks like that.

Better luck next time!

I'm thinking this was his first fight, though. And maybe he hasn't been training too long. He didn't look comfortable in there, like he hadn't been in a real fight before. Just takes experience, he'll get that dood next time!

Thanks, they offered me free training sessions at their gym so that made me happy. Also the ringman I had is also a good friend of my pops. I plan on making a little career out of this.

The main thing is to learn to stand your ground. It's one of those things that just takes practice, though. Have you figured out what kind of things you prefer to do in a fight yet?

I know for me my focus was always to keep the fight standing and let my hands and knees to most of the work, stuffing any attempts to drag me down, and if I see an opening for it, throw the guy down and then GnP or stomp him until he's no longer moving. To be fair though I hardly ever fought in a ring or anything. I had much more experience getting into fights in the street then I did in a dojo/gym.

The main thing is to learn to stand your ground. It's one of those things that just takes practice, though. Have you figured out what kind of things you prefer to do in a fight yet?

I know for me my focus was always to keep the fight standing and let my hands and knees to most of the work, stuffing any attempts to drag me down, and if I see an opening for it, throw the guy down and then GnP or stomp him until he's no longer moving. To be fair though I hardly ever fought in a ring or anything. I had much more experience getting into fights in the street then I did in a dojo/gym.

i don't want to sound like a pussy, but the way i like to fight is that i want to jab jab jab, and then when they counter I shoot (when they overhand righthook or something to that effect), or if they shoot me I flying knee and proceed to ground and pound. Also seeing as how I'm a self-taught thai boxer I love getting in the clinch because of the use of knees and dirty boxing.

Okay, yeah, I think I know the type. Yeah definitely work on not backing down it's important for that since you have to avoid giving up position while you poke the guy's face with your fists. The way you were moving in that fight is totally non-conducive to what you sound like you want to do. You can't shoot while backing up like that. Gotta work on staying lower most likely.

Roar iirc was a marine and they do a training that is similar to MMA that might be useful here, especially for the strategy it sounds like you want to become proficient in.

Army, we still do combatives but it's 99% bullshit from Infantry tards watching UFC.

I'm honestly not that into competitive fighting, I know how to win a streak fight; fight dirty, use surprise if you can, and aim to maim.

When it comes to MMA style stuff, I like to watch good fights, but how one goes about the I'm going to win by points mentality is boggling to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. That was fucking rad. I loved that DDT thing you did at the start that sent him into the fence.

Were you allowed to choke that dude out or what. If you were going for the choke, you really wanted to lean into it - less focus on trying to strangle him with your arms, and more on leaning up and arching the back.

Man this makes me want to get back into training.

, Cam Rowe (in the blue). I didn't to straight up BJJ, but, well, MMA stuff that you would use on the street. Ground work is a ridiculously good tool to have, since that is where most "I'm gonna punch your face off" guys lose their shit.

Nice man. Keep it up! MOAR VIDEOS!