Bullet Life and South Nail

13th Knight

I beat them using dual KARURA's, PIXIE3 and useless blade.

Just keep your distance and spam micro missiles, well, save as much missles are you can for Bullet Life, send a two or three waves at Zuben, then go in and PIXIE him to death, when Bullet Life comes out, Missile him, missile him hard.

I'm sure there are better ways then mine, but oh well.

WR93RL + lefty HP + F73H for FCS....

or....

WR93RL + lefty WH05RLA + VOLUTE or F73H for FCS....

or....

WR81G + lefty HP + WB69M for missile + E92RM3 for extension + F73H for FCS. (tactic : beat SOUTH NAIL with 81G 'til dead...then spam all of missiles to BULLET LIFE.....)

I've always downloaded completed saves whenever possible, so I don't know most of the missions in AC games, but I did hear that the AI is incredibly weak against Micro Missiles. It seems that it completely fails at dodging them or runs into them on purpose or something. I can't really remember, haha.

I am at a loss.

Four, five different AC designs.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Maybe it's just me and the PSP controls for Last Raven, I don't know. But Zinaida...HARDER than Baby's Breath, probably as hard as Nineball Seraph...She's a demon god. S'all I can say.

Maybe you're right and I'm doing it wrong. *sigh* I'll check it out again...

South Nail is an easy target if you know how to pin em' against a wall.

LRp's AI fails hardcore, take advantage of it and slowly direct South Nail against one of the mountain walls. Once he's up against it, he'll start hard landing on every jump until he moves away from the wall. Hammer em' when he hard lands, you'll have more than enough time to do so. If you bring a YASYA and spam it while he's against a wall, it does all the work for you.

Bullet Life isn't a threat if you simply keep your distance and evade accordingly. He prefers to rush while moving forward without strafing when on the ground or in the air. He'll NEVER change that moving pattern. Abuse it by going to one side, then strafe hard the other way before you're in his range. It's an easy way to get behind him every time.

Some LRp AIs change their moving tactics depending on what side you flank them on. A fine example is Jack-O. He'll go straight forward if you flank his right, and he'll backpedal hard if you flank his left. I believe Bullet Life has a difference in what side you flank em' on, so experiment and see which direction gives you the largest window of opportunity.

If you're trying to S-Rank the mission, you need to complete it with more than 50% - 60% AP remaining, and can't have fired to many shots.

I say that second part because I've beaten the mission in under 1:03 and had over 70% AP remaining and still got an 'A'. I used YASYA, PIXIE3, URANUS, and DRAGON at the same time for my method of attack.

-=-=-

Zinaida is annoying. You'll need to master positioning yourself and use a wide lockbox to defeat her fast enough. The only thing you have to worry about regarding her attacks is the railgun. It may suck when players use it, however the AI is a cheater and thus it's rather accurrate. Keep your distance and backpedal like you've never backpedaled before. It's possible to engage and S-Rank her normally, however you'll need to be VERY familiar with her attack and flank patterns. You'll also need the VIXEN legs to keep-up with the turning speed if you're not used to it.

I prefer to use the E2 + RL + HP.

Here is what you need:

Eye 3: 2 weight, 5 cool, 3 shell

gaea: 3 weight, 7 cool

macaque: 2weight, 8 cool

dingo2: 10 cool

83tp: 2 weight, 8 boost heat

monju

G91: gen cap 5/output 5

ananda: 10 en consump.

wr93rl

elf3

OPs: Amino, 069es, 071ec, codon, golgi, histon, marishi

Here is what you really need (if you can handle it):

head : EYE3--------------------5 cool, 5 EN def

core : GAEA--------------------5 weight, 5 cool

arms : MACAQUE--------------7 weight, 3 cool

legs : DINGO2-----------------5 cool, 5 EN def

booster : VULTURE2-----------5 boost power, 5 boost accel

FCS : F73H

generator : G91---------------10 output

radiator : ANANDA------------10 cool

inside : -

extension : E92RM3

back R : -

back L : WB69M or KINNARA or KARURA

arm R : WR93RL

arm L : WH01HP

OPt: AMINO, ES, SS, KISSYOH, L+, CODON, MARISHI

note :

- this design was suitable for TYPE-A controller style.

- if lefty HP isn't fit with your style, change to YWH05R3 or somethings.

• 7 months later...
Here is what you really need (if you can handle it):

head : EYE3--------------------5 cool, 5 EN def

core : GAEA--------------------5 weight, 5 cool

arms : MACAQUE--------------7 weight, 3 cool

legs : DINGO2-----------------5 cool, 5 EN def

booster : VULTURE2-----------5 boost power, 5 boost accel

FCS : F73H

generator : G91---------------10 output

radiator : ANANDA------------10 cool

inside : -

extension : E92RM3

back R : -

back L : WB69M or KINNARA or KARURA

arm R : WR93RL

arm L : WH01HP

OPt: AMINO, ES, SS, KISSYOH, L+, CODON, MARISHI

note :

- this design was suitable for TYPE-A controller style.

- if lefty HP isn't fit with your style, change to YWH05R3 or somethings.

is HAND GUN REALLY THAT USEFUL?

• 3 years later...

Eliminate the AC Mission Tips

Max your shell defense and get good cooling.

Run a tank AC.

Use the LX laser cannon(back), the Ogre2 plasma rifle(right arm), and the HP handgun(left arm).

Use the optional part that increases your lock box size; I forget what its called.

Use the Codon optional part.

Use the energy weapon optional parts.

Zuben is cake; obliterate him with your massive energy based arm weapons, but save the LX for Rim Fire. Zuben tends to hard land, and when he does he is a big target. Try to nail him as much as you can with your arm guns when he does. His weapons don't hurt too much on a tank based AC, but make sure you do actually move around a bit to make it harder on him. Zuben is harder than Rim Fire with this AC set up.

Once Rim Fire comes out, switch to your LX, lock him, and unload. He flies straight towards you for several seconds, while firing his Chaingun or Micro Missiles. Strafe a bit while nuking him. Once he gets in close, just move away from him; Rim Fire is incredibly slow, and loves to fly. His Fingers are pathetically weak against a shell defense specialized AC, while his own crumbles against the energy weapons chosen in this build. You should finish this mission with over 4k AP left if you shoot accurately.

Shutdown the Internecine Mission Tips

Use this AC

Cicada

Cronus

FG

Dingo2

TP - Tune Acceleration

F73H

G91 - Tune Output

Annanda - Tune Drain

RPX(18 shot large rockets)

R3

R3

HP

HP

Optional Parts: Amino, ES, SS, EC, Codon, Marishi

This AC has very high speed and mobility, which is what you need versus Zinaida. If she gets too close, she'll tear you apart with her Lamia2(pulse cannon) and Nix(machine gun). These two weapons are her most dangerous, with the Python(her railgun) and the Spartoi(missiles) being much easier to evade. The rockets exist solely to kill the Internecine's generators. Nail each one with one rocket to kill it. You can miss 12 times if you need to, but hopefully not.

For fighting Zinaida, you need to flee away from her as fast as possible, without burning up all of your energy. Her railgun is dangerous not due to its damage, but due to its stress on your parts. If it breaks your arms or legs, you'll be in trouble and probably lose. Her missiles can be dodged without much issue, though getting hit isn't a major problem either; they're not super powerful. If they're really killing you then use decoys. Her other weapons are close range effective only; you can easily dodge her pulse cannon and machine gun by just boosting away from her. The railgun requires some technique to avoid; you want to boost until you hear her charge, wait a brief moment, then jump the other way. If you do so correctly, the shot will miss you entirely. if you need real world application, fight against Ranker 7 in the VR Arena; BJ uses the Python, and will allow you to get used to dodging it.

To actually hit Zinaida enough to kill her is another story. Practice in the arena on Daemon, as he uses a similar AI to Zinaida, although less dangerous. Focus first on staying out of his combat range; just dodge him, avoid getting hit. Then practice wailing on him with your weapons. He has paper thin armor and pathetic AP values, but his offensive capabilities are similar enough. The real purpose is to learn to track a fast, highly aggressive target with dual arm weapons, while also dodging effectively.

Zinaida has infinite energy; she boosts forever, can fire her energy weapons whenever, and is overall annoying. She's also fast, but the suggested AC trumps her by, if I remember right, over 50 KPH; she should never get close enough to give you grief so long as you manage energy well. And that's the third trick; you must know when to hit the gas, and when to bunny hop. This shouldn't be much of an issue though; this AC has good energy capacity as well.

• 6 months later...

Zinny can be out-turned once you damage her legs, so back-pedal/back-boost until her legs break and then circle-fuck her.

Zin[locked]

v

You[locked]

v + evade

When her legs break do "pattern D"

Zin

boost v turn <

You

boost ^<^>v turn <

or

Zin

boost v turn >

You

boost ^>^<v turn >

It should turn out like

Zin[locked]

turn< boost<

[zin's lockbox empty]

turn> boost <

You

If she locks on to you, repeat "pattern D"

The AI of ALL ACs can't handle "pattern D" if done correctly.

Yeah I know. My diagram sucks.

Better way to describe pattern D;

Boost in a path shaped like a capital D (forward, then half circle back) around an AI without turning in a fast AC. The AI will turn around, and you'll be behind the AI. Works best against AI with broken legs (ofc).

In other words, break their legs and give them the D. :)