World Cup 2010

Bakuhatsu Pengin

Yeah, I wanted to study the tape on the US vs Slovenia match...but from the replays I've seen it was BS. More to the point, just about everyone in the world has agreed that it seemed bogus. To be completely honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Interpol got directly involved on that game. FIFA contacted them prior to this to keep their eyes on fishy things and this was certainly fishy.

Aside from that...this World Cup has been fantastic! A lot of people who weren't really paying attention didn't realize that most of the underdogs were not really all that under, and a lot of the powerhouses were not as strong as before. See: England and France. The African teams floundering is a bit disappointing, but again, Europe is having the same issues. Everyone I know who is a student of the game called almost everything that has happened so far.

Go Clockwork Orange! We've looked strong so far and I suspect it will continue. Well...until we have to face Messi. That's going to be a very difficult day for me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Algeria I don't think will be that easy a match. It has blowout potential but they've looked surprisingly composed and aggressive. They're kind of the only African team that's playing the traditional African style (although still not at full throttle).

Edited by Colon Mokto

The refs are pulling the cards out of their pockets left, right and center. Honestly, the some of the decisions I have seen in a number of matches have been highly questionable if not outright terrible.

I don't know who will win this year's Golden Boot, but Italy for the Golden Globe for sure.

Aside from a few (and one glaring) examples, the refs have done a good job so far. That red was pretty lame, though. It could have been called a yellow imo.

What made me mad about the result was that Ghana didn't show much heart. They deserved to lose that game with the effort they put forth. If it's any consolation, those fuckers will not advance if Serbia defeats you and Germany beats Ghana (which it most likely will). Essentially, the fate of the Black Stars is in your hands.

;)

Edited by Colon Mokto

A lot of the cards have been fair, though. People are playing rough and the refs are just trying to control things. Sometimes there is good, hard, football...and other times there are teams getting mugged.

There is one thing though...I heard the Swiss were whacking Spain the whole game and they were NOT getting calls. I find that a bit surprising. I didn't see the game though so I can't offer much comment on it. It would appear strange though, since FIFA explicitly stated the refs were going to give cards more freely in this World Cup specifically to prevent lesser teams from beating greater teams through strong-arm tactics.

Fuck Ghana, btw.

My friend just got a vuvuzela app for his phone. He's prolly gonna abuse the shit out of it at restaurants for the rest of the World Cup. It's gonna be great!

GO KIWIS!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: And fuck Italy's flopping bullshit, goddamnit.

DOUBLE EDIT: And fuck this officiating of this game, holy god this is the worst refereeing I have ever seen.

Edited by Colon Mokto

Yeah but I wanted to see it in the finals of the World Cup, not just qualifiers. The importance of the match would skyrocket.

EDIT: I'm happy both Mexico and Uruguay advanced to represent for us latin american countries...but Mexico will have to face Argentina. I feel kinda bad for all my Mexican friends. At least they will get to witness godhood up close and personal before getting booted from the tournament.

Edited by Colon Mokto