B05-Gull | CR-F73H | G01-Lotus | Ananda

0/0/6/4 | -N/A- | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Armaments:

Inside | Extension | R Back | L Back

I01M-Urchin | E02RM-Gar | WB01M-Nymphe | CR-WB69RA

R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

WR07M-Pixie3 | CR-WH01HP | -N/A- | CR-WH69H

Optional Parts:

O01-Amino | CR-O69ES | CR-O69SS | Kissyoh | CR-O75LA | CR-O79L+ | O03-Codon | Marishi

--------------------------------------------------

Frame Color:

- Base | Aid | Opt | Det | Jnt

R: 010 | 075 | 150 | 000 | 185

G: 000 | 075 | 130 | 075 | 200

B: 025 | 075 | 140 | 075 | 105

Weapon Color:

R Back | L Back | R Arm | L Arm | R Hangar | L Hangar

Red | Yellow | Blue | Blue | -N/A- | Black

Statistics:

AP: 7543

Weight: 6920

EN Supply: 2238

Stationary EN Supply: 3995

Max Boost Speed: 437

Turning Speed: 1472

Stability: 6203

Cooling: 15270

Def Shell/Energy: 1575/1775

Description:

Promise is a lightweight OB AC that primarily focuses on close quarters combat (CQC). It's goal is to remain mobile while it eats away at an opponent's patience and control, as well as their AP. Getting the opponent nervous or confused (BEDAZZLED) goes a long way towards winning with Promise, as well as keeping the pressure on as much as possible.

Promise is my staple for Last Raven. Some of you may know its previous iterations as Weaksauce. This is the 11th revision for this AC. Yes, that means there have been 12 different versions. It's changed a bunch and I expect it to change a bunch more over time as my tastes change. I'm honestly having a hard time picking between three different pairs of arms and a few pairs of legs.

Tactics:

When the match starts switch to your missiles and keep your distance. Poke their AP down. Don't rush in just because you can. If they're in the open activate your extensions for some bonus missile spam. If you have six locks with the missiles then multi-tap your extensions to fire a few extra shots.

Anytime the opponent gets near use the handgun and mines, including while firing missiles. If they get too close switch to the MG. Feel free to go crazy with your ammo as long as you have a red lock. Promise has enough ammo to spare, just don't fire without a lock. Once the missiles are empty drop them and the extensions. Also, remember to drop any weapon that goes empty along the way on the instant. Your lockbox will only get bigger and you'll only get faster.

When the missiles and extensions are gone it'll be time to get your hands dirty. Go all out close quarters. Make sure you're at least trying to flank your opponent while you fire the machine gun, handgun, and mine combo off. That's the entire reason for the legset that Promise is using. Remember, you can flank them vertically as well as horizontally. Try jumping a lot. It's another thing Promise is good at. Be sure to use those mines, by the way. They're very useful. Most importantly, remember to work their lockbox. Juke their lockbox as often as you can, especially while in the air.

Known Issues:

Promise has the most difficulty fighting mid-weight defense gougers. Not starting with AP lead and lacking any really efficient long range combat makes it difficult to chip away the AP of bigger ACs and most mid-weights tend to be pretty fast as well, especially the ones running Dingo2. Being impatient with this AC will get you killed, as will being a spaz. It's one thing to have bad control, it's another to lose control in dire situations. Keeping your head cool while playing CQC should be a no-brainer though.

PvP Information:

I have not tested the current version of this AC against anyone worth noting.

Current Vs. Record: [0]W - [0]L - [0]D (Updated: 1 Jun. 2011)

Win Rate: 00%

Notes:

This AC isn't done being designed and I'm almost always open to suggestions, though not radical ones. By radical suggestions I mean I won't consider changing the main weapon from a Pixie3 to a Karasawa or the core from /UL2 to Selena and so on.

AC: Typhoon

Description: Lightweight Reverse Joint OB AC.

NTACGarage02.pngAC Name: Typhoon

AC Game: Last Raven

Classification: Lightweight Reverse Joint

Core Type: OB, AMS, Hangar

Revision: 1.5

Frame:

Head | Core | Arms | Legs

CR-H81S4 | CR-C84O/UL | A11-Macaque | LR04-Gazelle

0/9/1/0/0 | 0/5/5/0/0 | 0/0/8/2/0 | 0/0/3/7/0

Internals:

Booster | FCS | Generator | Radiator

B03-Vulture2 | CR-F69 | G01-Lotus | Ananda

0/5/3/2 | -N/A- | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Armaments:

-N/A- | CR-E92RM3 | CR-WB69M | CR-WB69RA

CR-WR73R2 | WL15L-Griffon | CR-WH69H | CR-WH69H

Optional Parts:

O01-Amino | CR-O69ES | CR-O69SS | Kissyoh | CR-O79L+ | O03-Codon | CR-O86R+ | Marishi

Frame Color:

R: 100 | 070 | 040 | 100 | 100

G: 110 | 080 | 045 | 050 | 150

B: 090 | 090 | 050 | 200 | 150

Weapon Color:

White | Green | Yellow | Yellow | Black | Black

Statistics:

AP: 7881

Weight: 7350

EN Supply: 3550

Stationary EN Supply: 4503

Max Boost Speed: 412

Turning Speed: 1264

Stability: 5082

Cooling: 15054

Def Shell/Energy: 1675/1625

Description:

There is no description available yet for this AC.

Tactics:

There are no tactics available yet for this AC.

Known Issues:

There are no known issues available yet for this AC.

PvP Information:

There is no PvP information available yet for this AC.

Win Rate: 100%

Notes:

There are no notes available yet for this AC.

AC: Horobi

Description: Midweight Quadruped OB AC.

NTACGarage03.pngAC Name: Horobi

Classification: Midweight Quadruped

Revision: 1.7

Frame:

CR-H05XS-Eye3 | CR-YC010/UL2 | A11-Macaque | LF04-Lizard

0/2/0/8/0 | 0/6/2/2/0 | 0/0/8/2/0 | 0/0/5/5/0

Internals:

B03-Vulture2 | CR-F73H | CR-G91 | Ananda

0/5/3/2 | -N/A- | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Armaments:

I01M-Urchin | CR-E92RM3 | CR-WB69M | CR-WB78GL

WR07M-Pixie3 | CR-WL88S2 | -N/A- | -N/A-

Optional Parts:

O01-Amino | CR-O69ES | CR-O71EC | Kissyoh | CR-O79L+ | O03-Codon | CR-O86R+ | Marishi

Frame Color:

R: 000 | 200 | 000 | 000 | 100

G: 000 | 200 | 200 | 200 | 100

B: 020 | 200 | 200 | 000 | 100

Weapon Color:

White | Green | Green | Green | -N/A- | -N/A-

Statistics:

AP: 7785

Weight: 8435

EN Supply: 2852

Stationary EN Supply: 4080

Max Boost Speed: 356

Turning Speed: 1421

Stability: 10059

Cooling: 15483

Def Shell/Energy: 1675/1750

Description:

Horobi is a midweight OB Quadruped AC. He starts out a little heavy, but as weapons are dropped he ends up borderline lightweight. He focuses on CQC and Midrange combat. Horobi has been drastically changed each time I've bothered to change him, which isn't often. I feel as though I may finally be reaching the design stability I want.

Horobi is my most used and favorite Quad. I would say he's my strongest as well. He has made quite a few appearances on Kai before. His first incarnation used Hollow / R3 / Gaea / Urchin and had a Ladon tacked on for making loud noises. Horobi has changed quite a bit since then.

Tactics:

Generally speaking, you'll want to get behind cover as soon as possible. Corner locations are pretty good for this AC. Then just start using the GL or missiles to jab out at your opponents. When they start to get close, lay down some Urchin mines on one side of your hideout and switch to the MG for some CQC.

Don't let yourself be drawn into duration CQC matches with LW's. If you're fighting tanks, you'll want to push CQC as much as possible since most tanks won't have a chance at close range against Horobi. When fighting Hovers you'll want to focus on the GL. A shot or two should disable their legs and then missiles can finish them off in no time.

The GL should be your primary weapon at midrange vs all AC types. Try starting your GL lock from behind cover and boost dashing out of cover to fire it. You'll need to boost around a lot on the ground without hopping or tapping your boosters to lock-on. This'll build up some heat, so be careful with how aggressively you use that GL.

Spam your missiles whenever you get the chance. Specifically, when you're in mid-air and your a good 250 meters or more away. Your MG is almost worthless at that range and the GL isn't usable in mid-air, so the missiles are ideal in these situations. There isn't much reason to keep the 69M after the RM3 is out unless you were unable to get a good AP lead, so you can discard it after RM3 is empty. You don't need the extra speed and energy output, but it can be helpful.

Use the shotgun whenever the opportunity presents itself. It's got a good range rating and keeps your opponents on their toes. It's useful from nearly every angle with every weapon on this AC. The clip reload on the shotgun does take some time to get used to, though.

Known Issues:

Somewhat low EN supply hurts your OB distance and flight time. There really isn't much you can do about this besides dropping the 69M+RM3 combo. Heat isn't really an issue but it's not something you can just ignore. This AC is vulnerable to genbusts caused by heat stress. It's manageable though.

Don't genbust.

PvP Information:

Notes:

Pixie3 was just added to help in CQ situations. If you can think of a better weapon feel free to run it by me. I'm currently debating using HP as a right arm weapon. All suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

AC: Koutei

Description: Heavyweight Tank OB AC.

NTACGarage04.pngAC Name: Koutei

Classification: Heavyweight Tank

Core Type: OB

Revision: 2.3

Frame:

CR-H06SR2 | C06-Eos | CR-A89AG | LT02-Boar2

0/5/0/5/0 | 0/0/2/8/0 | 0/0/5/5/0 | 0/1/8/1/0

Internals:

-N/A- | CR-F73H | CR-G91 | Ananda

-N/A- | -N/A- | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Armaments:

I07D-Medusa2 | Jiren | CR-WB91LGL | YWB35L-Geryon3

CR-WR73RS | CR-WH01HP | -N/A- | -N/A-

Optional Parts:

O01-Amino | CR-O69ES | Kissyoh | CR-O79L+ | O03-Codon | O04-Golgi

Frame Color:

R: 055 | 075 | 175 | 000 | 000

G: 060 | 000 | 000 | 000 | 000

B: 065 | 000 | 000 | 000 | 000

Weapon Color:

Red | White | Red | Red | -N/A- | -N/A-

Statistics:

AP: 9305

Weight: 9807

EN Supply: 3310

Stationary EN Supply: 3310

Max Boost Speed: 141

Turning Speed: 937

Stability: 6200

Cooling: 15961

Def Shell/Energy: 2275/1900

Description:

Koutei is a heavyweight OB tank with a focus on guerrilla (POTSHOT) combat. Even though it runs high defense you want to remain not only out of sight but a good distance back until you find a good spot to pull a drive-by at. This AC is the AC I practice tanks with. I have others, but none of them hold my focus as much as this one. It's been through a lot of revisions, both minor and major. Koutei is by far my favorite tank.

Koutei has made a lot of Kai appearances using all kinds of weapon layouts. It used to use BP / Griffon and Sawa / HP. It also used a back-mounted radar at one point to help prevent loss of radar functions. I've found that having a secondary cannon, the LGL, is more useful than having the radar though.

Tactics:

Stay the fuck behind cover.

This AC isn't made to go around spamming anything except for the LGL. Don't waste your HP shots at midrange either. Keep them handy for the occasional CQC or DFA so that it's easier to keep the LGL on them. Don't use the LGL for poking unless you have to. The RS is there for poking and ranged chip damage.

Try to lead your opponent to a good spot for using the Geryon3 early on. It's got a large shot diameter but it's still a bit slow and can be dodged, so be careful with it. Your best bet is to joust the Geryon3 at them with your shoulder batteries enabled. If you can get two good hits with it or an AP lead of around 2,000 points you can feel free to drop the Geryon3. Don't bother wasting HP shots in the joust. Save them for when you're getting raped in CQC.

Once the Geryon3 is gone you might still have some battery charges left. Save them for times when you might overheat or for increased aerial ability. A genbusted tank is not a happy tank.

Use the decoys as needed and lay a few down every once in a while just for good measure.

Known Issues:

It's a tank. It's slow, can't turn fast, and sinks in water. What can I say?

Anyway, don't get in any kind of dedicated CQC with this. You'll die, fast. In fact, don't let the opposing AC get anywhere near you unless there is an object between you. Also, don't change the head to one that breaks easily. A tank without stability and radar is a very dead tank. It also has less AP than I expected for a tank, though the defense helps make up for it.

PvP Information:

Notes:

I believe that this AC has nearly reached its end of evolution. There's almost nothing on it that I'm willing to change. As always, all suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

AC: Protostar

Description: Lightweight Hover OB AC.

NTACGarage05.pngAC Name: Protostar

Classification: Lightweight Hover

Revision: 1.9

Frame:

CR-YH70S2 | CR-YC010/UL2 | CR-A92XS | CR-LN91HM

0/0/5/5/0 | 0/6/2/2/0 | 0/0/6/4/0 | 0/5/5/0/0

Internals:

-N/A- | CR-F73H | G01-Lotus | Ananda

-N/A- | -N/A- | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Armaments:

I05D-Medusa | CR-E73RM | CR-WB69M | CR-WB69RA

CR-WR73R2 | WL15L-Griffon | -N/A- | WH09H-Wraith

Optional Parts:

O01-Amino | CR-O69ES | Kissyoh | CR-O79L+ | O03-Codon | O04-Golgi | O05-Histon | Marishi

Frame Color:

R: 165 | 000 | 040 | 200 | 080

G: 130 | 025 | 000 | 200 | 090

B: 065 | 025 | 070 | 000 | 085

Weapon Color:

Red | Yellow | White | White | -N/A- | -N/A-

Statistics:

AP: 7721

Weight: 5948

EN Supply: 3547

Stationary EN Supply: 3547

Max Boost Speed: 570

Turning Speed: 1390

Stability: 4054

Cooling: 15523

Def Shell/Energy: 1450/1475

Description:

Protostar is a lightweight OB Hover AC. It specializes in mid-range and vertical combat extending out to 450 meters. It moves at very fast speeds both on the ground and in the air. High acceleration gives it the ability to dodge fire with ease as well has having a high mobility for jinking at a distance without boosters.

Protostar has been my favorite hover since early 2008 and qualifies as my staple hover. He's been through some interesting iterations. Originally it ran the Mini-Sawa, HP, and 69M. It's kill power wasn't high enough to handle a lot of AC's though, so the weapons were changed around. You never know, though. I might change them back!

Tactics:

When the match starts switch to the missiles and use Griffon. Use them up as soon as a decent opportunity presents itself. Griffon can be fired from 400 meters away pretty accurately and won't hurt your EN at all. Try shooting missiles in batches of two until a good chance presents itself for some bonus missiles from your extensions. Once a weapon runs out, drop it. When you're down to the R2 you can just chip what's left of your opponent away and play keep away.

Don't worry about your greenzone energy. It doesn't exist. Play in the red. Output is pretty high, especially once Griffon and Nymphe are dropped. OB is cheap and durable. Feel free to fire Griffon while OB'ing, just remember you can typically only fire about three shots off a full redzone while OB is on.

Don't get hit.

Known Issues:

Protostar isn't competitive because it's a hover.

Aside from that it suffers from low defense and stability. Watch out for high velocity weaponry as it can catch you in mid-glide or while floating and don't get closer than 200 meters to the opponents AC unless you're in the middle of an OB or if they're a slow turner. You may want to consider tailgating tanks, though.

If the legs go red use the OB to get around since you can't turn fast anymore.

PvP Information:

Notes:

I'm not sure if I want to keep R2 as my right arm weapon or not. Feel free to comment and criticize.