[3D Fan Movie] Armored Core: Limit Release

Hehe, Nice job. WIll the HUD always be that color? Or will you make it color changeable like in older AC games?

By the way, nice work on teh DRONE head!

Also, will you say LAZER rifle in game or LASER rifle? XD

Edited by Terminator98

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Terminator , Hopefully I can get the HUD working so you can change its colour , I chose blue as a default for now cause it was easy to work with, and also thanks for crit on the high poly drone head ;)

As for the spelling mistakes ..... my bad ^^;;

Just thought of something , Like the Ravens Nest , Nervs Concord and all the other Raven Organisations that have their own Logos , If anyone can mock up what they concider to be a good "New" logo and make a name for a New Raven Organisation thats original I will make it Fully 3d for a spinning loading logo , and also make it the ingame logo for the main menu aswell as a few other things , so theres something to concider for anyone that wants their Ideas going directly Into developement.

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Always remember kids, Its Laser, Because you cant spell Stimulated with a Z.

Also good work so far, Unreal Tournament 3 mod ya?

Edited by ^Nameless

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Always remember kids, Its Laser, Because you cant spell Stimulated with a Z.

Also good work so far, Unreal Tournament 3 mod ya?

I`ll try and remember it Nameless ^^;;

Thanks for the compliment ;) , as for UT3 mod , nah standalone game using UT3 engine , so its all free and requires nothing else , its only in the UT3 section on moddb cause it uses the same game engine ;)

http://rtmulcahy.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/raven.jpg

http://www.speakeasy.org/~darius701/LJ_images/raven-1-1.jpg

Haha, a few ideas. The first pic seems intersting, if you could just change it's feel a bit, and make it become a bit like Zinaida's Emblem in Last Raven (can't get a pic of that... someone might help me?)

Just looked in this section of the forums and realized that this thread has been stuck ;)

Anyway, apart from feeling greatful for that I have been gathering more reference for parts I want to get done to finish off the selection for the demo , and the ones I seem to lack good reference of are ...

Tank style

&

Inverted Style (you know , the ones that look like chickens legs XD)

If anyone could get me some really really damn good shots from all angles of 1 of each that look like really good legs , or just a selection of legs that I can then choose which ones I want to do from that would be very helpful as its all I need to do now really is Legs and Cores then I am onto the main development on the low poly assets for use ingame , then texturing and such and then its down to coding and actual development of more ingame stuff which is the main part, and also the most fun ;)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/armored-core-limit-release

5 Last images show combos of parts I have made so far , I just need to make 2 more cores , and atleast 2 more legs , then you will see me move onto the low poly/texturing part of the project.

Hopefully when I get done with the art it all will work Terminator , as mostly anything can be done with Unreals Engine , hell is ment to be an FPS but I know of so many different style games that have been made with it purely by just doing coding alone to make it all work, so I have no doubt that with time and the correct understanding it`ll work exactly how I wish for it to.

As for the cockpit , its just a render of a 3d model similar to the others for the ACs, its a mock up of what it could be just without textures , so of course i`ll be adding nice touches like shiney lights and textures and stuff ;) , if I didnt it wouldnt be fit to have ingame ;).

As for OB,Im not sure at the moment, I can model the other cores to fit the OB specs , meaning they have the hidden boosters and such but that will leave the Zinadia style AC Core without the ability to OB as I did not model it with OB specification in mind, Originally it was all ment to be just used as a 3d model, but now I am doing a full game, Im going to have to think of every little thing ;)

I guess I can have it but gimp that core, the other 2 demo cores will have OB , as I loved AC2 with OB it was fun... until you ran out XD

One thing I wont do is EO , Cause that would be too much hassle >< , not at the moment anyway maybe some time in the far future... lol

He could just use AC2 core system though... it'd make things easier.

Seeing that you already made 2 none OB cores, I think it's better that you let the idea down, unless you modify them and give em yourself an OB. (Which would be cool, but extra work as well)

Edited by Terminator98

true true , hell im gonna post a progress update as I have been working on trying to perfect the middle section for ages now but its being retarded ...

I know I dont post much Work in progress stuff , cause it tends to look abit crap but here I go ;)

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6149/13895484.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/471/88315636.jpg

http://www.moddb.com/mods/armored-core-limit-release

Last 2 pics and the vid are of the Core I have been working on today.

Trust me , I dont burn out easy, normally If I work on a project I do everything I can to get it through to its final result, rather than leave it, that and I got another one of my friends to help code, hes downloading UDK now , so hopefully that will come in handy.

Takes abit of work load off me for now , and transferes it to quicker prototypes.

Definitely. Help is probably the best thing you can get. Especially since it lets you focus on what you do best. Hopefully, anyway, haha.

I think we're enjoying looking at the high polygon art as much as we're enjoying waiting for AC5. This year is a good year for AC.

But hell, we're two years away from 2012. We won't have time to enjoy those creations to their fullest!!!! XD

Will ACs be colorable by the way? Or will we have to choose between set packs of colors?

Another thing I forgot to ask was.

How are you going to use voices for missions? You could ask people here to voice over a bit... XD