Protest the Hero

Butts

Most definitely.

Idk about their music, though. It's ok. But there's a lot of yelling. At least it's not the kind of constant mushy-mashy yelling in Death Metal. I do like the guitar in it, though. I like how the lead singer can really hit some clear notes, too. I may be rating them unfairly though, since I've only listened to that song that J linked to.

Got any other links to their music that you think are really good and might make me like them?

ut00b channel

I bought Fortress a month or so ago. Such a good album. I first heard Bloodmeat a long time ago and finally got around to buying the album. Limb from Limb, Sequoia Throne, and Wretch (which isn't on the ut00b channel) are probably my favorites on it but the whole album's incredible. I like how they included instrumentals of all the songs; it's nice to listen to those when you want to let your mind wander a bit. Or when you're high.

Blood Has Been Shed > KSE.

Anyway. PTH... I find the band's vocals to be a little too reminiscent of a cat getting raped. However, their musicianship is top-notch and really stands out in the endless ocean of dipshits who take pride in knowing only three chords.

If anyone feels the way I do, I know there are instrumental versions of their tracks out there. I'm like 90% that they've actually released instrumental versions of their albums...

Sequoia Throne (Instrumental)

• 1 year later...

So their new album, Scurrilous, is ok. It's definitely not as good as Fortress though. No instrumentals either.

I wouldn't say it's a bad album but I wasn't blown away like I was with Fortress. Also, the album as a whole is pretty similar. There isn't much fluctuation from song to song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Has anyone picked up Volition yet? I just heard one of the songs from it (Clarity) on the radio and it sounded more like Fortress-era PtH which is a great thing. I didn't hear the entire song but it sounded pretty good from the bit I heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7pvvAuj7jw

• 3 weeks later...