General MMA Thread

Shirtless Crackhead

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Lyoto "The Snorlax" Machida lost a controversial decision after basically avoiding a fight for 15 minutes, much like his last showing against Hendo. I'm very happy with this decision, Sherdog blew up over this, and the Brazilians are all sorts of mad.

Fuck you Lyoto for fucking up so many potentially great fights.

Korean Zombie loses after dislocating his shoulder during a combo of punches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UFC 164 run-down.

Ben Rothwell gave Brandon Vera the bathsalts for a TKO.

Chad Mendez gave Clay Guida a brick to the grill and knocked out the Jackson fighter for the first time. This was extremely pleasing to me, because of Guida's performance vs. Gray Maynard, it's also hilarious because Guida was shit-talking because he was a 155'er, he went down 10lbs and got gtfo'd.

Josh Barnett and Frank Mir went at it old-school slobberknocker style, too bad Mir is a chump and Barnett smelled blood. No submissions or even attempts despite what people might have expected. It was a flash-ko/early stoppage but whatever.

Benson Henderson got submitted in the first round in his title defense against Anthony Pettis, after just getting his bjj black belt. Pettis showed some resilience and tdd, then gave the champ a couple of nasty body kicks. He went for a flashy wheel kick and got taken down, but then slipped in a very nice armbar. The former champ remarked to the very high level move in the post-fight chit-chat w/ Joe Rogan.

• 3 weeks later...

Jon Jones almost got nudged out in a decision vs. Alexander Gustaffson.

I was thinking Jones would dominate Alex, and was very wrong. Alex showed a level of improvement I can barely get my head around. I can't wait to see what this loss makes of him in the future. It was an absolutely amazing fight and a pleasure to witness.

• 3 weeks later...

Rousimar Palhares (Paul Harris) got released by the UFC after his 2nd infraction of holding heel hooks while his opponent is tapping and the ref is breaking them up. I'm happy with this as I think he needs to learn a lesson, I'm also upset by this because he's an amazing fighter. But he has a shit track record, which includes pissing hot, and a reputation of pulling similar shit at ADCC (holding holds).

Dong Yung Kim gave heavy favorite Erick Silva the D.

http://i.minus.com/iic3O30POCBT5.gif

That was pretty good.

I feel asleep before Maia vs. Shields, but apparently Maia didn't destroy Shields which I was predicting to happen, so yeah.

• 2 months later...

Anderson got his leg broke when Chris Weidman checked some kicks in round 2, Weidman was dominating the fight, and the Era of Anderson is officially over.

Thank you based Weiner.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fwmi1mLjZW4/Ur-yN3P4U4I/AAAAAAAA_Rc/sVtJRvpIYJg/s1600/6.gif