Bringing the kai scene back!

Mom

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that too but ruining the game for someone just means ur gonna lose a person to play with so sometimes u gotta take matters into ur own hands

and I don't mean just strangling that person altho that works too if you are playing irl not over kai or w/e

I've seen Drac's fights my comment had merit.

Otherwise, well, yeah.

oh nah bro, drac even posted a video of him playing me doing the same thing he accused nob of doing which he said he felt bad about it watching it now

i think he understands at least somewhat why thats a bad thing generally speaking

i guess i was mainly just saying that getting mad might not get u anywhere so instead look for a solution, either by saying 'fuck off nob' or finding a way to combat nob's gay

what u said was 100% with merit lol, karma n what not

oh nah bro, drac even posted a video of him playing me doing the same thing he accused nob of doing which he said he felt bad about it watching it now

i think he understands at least somewhat why thats a bad thing generally speaking

i guess i was mainly just saying that getting mad might not get u anywhere so instead look for a solution, either by saying 'fuck off nob' or finding a way to combat nob's gay

what u said was 100% with merit lol, karma n what not

Yeah I saw that vid and all that, it's part of why I said what I did. I agree with what you've been saying too in trying to learn how to deal with it. Experience is a grand thing.

Also, nob gonna nob.

I suck at the game and can't get KAI going tho so I'm just bein a dick.

Well, got the 8 replays uploading now, may not be able to get them all in 1 sitting though (not being uploaded in order they happened, I'll link them in the order they happened). As for Nob's backpedaling stuff, it does leave a sour taste but nothing that makes me want to not play Nob. I still had fun, but I prefer fighting TMRaven due to his higher level of skill and just more interesting playstyle.

I don't have anything against a passive playstyle, but constant backpedaling with say idk, dual MVs with dual HPs is annoying. It does present an interesting challenge and is different than TM. My biggest issue is when every single match is constant backpedaling. Once in a while is fine with me though. Also, I prefer trying to destroy the enemy AC over getting AP lead and running.

I did used to backpedal a lot, but I try not to anymore. I'm actually trying to make my playstyle more active. As PD said, the video with me against him does make me feel bad. Oh wait, I deny playing that match. That was sarcasm for those of you who couldn't tell.

As for planning to deal with it and such, I sort of care and sort of don't. I'm not trying to prove I'm the best or anything. I could probably get a lot more wins against TM if I restrict myself to my stronger designs (Disruption, my new MW Deviation, maybe Red Eyed Tree Frog), but that would probably get boring. I just want to build robots and fight robots made by other players piloted by other players. Watching myself improve is just part of the fun.

So Nob, please try to increase variety with how you play and maybe what you use. At least 2 of your designs used dual HP from what I remember.

SO, ARCTIC STORM. The setup I am using now seems to work the best for me (any changes will be with the missiles). It's a pretty quirky design, but it works well enough for me. A handgun or rifle instead of GRIFFON just feels wrong to me. I like the current setup since when I go on the offensive, I have dropped most everything on my design. Of course, I think the idea of get AP lead and playing footsies is something I want to try more.

As for the matches being uploaded (not every single fight), here is the order they occured

VS TMRaven, around a week ago

VS TMRaven, yesterday

VS Nob, yesterday

Edited by Queen Drac Wraith

As for planning to deal with it and such, I sort of care and sort of don't. I'm not trying to prove I'm the best or anything. I could probably get a lot more wins against TM if I restrict myself to my stronger designs (Disruption, my new MW Deviation, maybe Red Eyed Tree Frog), but that would probably get boring. I just want to build robots and fight robots made by other players piloted by other players. Watching myself improve is just part of the fun.

I think u should look at it not as trying to be the best, but just trying to win matches, since the idea of armored core is to win the match

so like, almost a removing the ego from it type of thing, very zen

the idea of the game is to win the match, so try to figure out how to win matches

am I making more sense like that?

I am trying to win matches and such, but it's not my life passion or anything. I'm just saying that whether I win or lose, I'm trying to have fun in the process. There's also the challenge of making some things that aren't natural for me work (coughArcticStormcough).

Does that make sense?

You play to win the game!

Also pd vs archangel on pd's youtube page is a good video. It shows how to win the game even against guys who like to play defensive. Still entertaining to watch! PD's play is the type of footsies stuff I'm talking about.

In order to progress in life you must bravely rush down the challenges you face with zeal and courage; do not give in to the pressures that would push you to back pedal. When necessary, juke the hostilities of others lest you find yourself staggered and your progress slowed.

Back when I played type-b it was wild customized. Now when I play type-a I customize it to probably what everybody else does, except maybe reversed since I'm left handed.

main weapon: l1

left weapon: l2

boost: r1

change weapon: triangle

drop weapon: circle

inside: x

box reset: square

my advice is to git gud.

also, your aggression is slowly getting better, but your ob game is suffering, you need to get better at energy management both in the ob game and the regular boosting game so you can always have teh energy to remain aggressive.