Modest Mouse

Mom

Considering I like Ariel Pink... haha. It's more of me having my tastes in music developed.

Basically when I'm listening to Sonic Tap on the direct tv receiver, and I hear the lead singer's voice come on, I have to change it. It's his voice that I don't like. That might be the only reason, too.

You might appreciate their earlier albums better, as they're more conventional sounding melodies and less harsh vocals. Something about the randomness of their newer songs that leaves you guessing around each corner and the wildness to their vocals really turns me on though. Then again, it might be the sound of his voice to begin with that makes me like them as much as I do. Edited by TMRaven

Lonesome Crowded West is probably their best album. If it's one thing I don't like as much from their newest album is that it shows some mild clipping in areas. Not enough for it to be a deal breaker, but could have been recorded slightly better.

• 2 years later...

Considering I like Ariel Pink... haha. It's more of me having my tastes in music developed.

Basically when I'm listening to Sonic Tap on the direct tv receiver, and I hear the lead singer's voice come on, I have to change it. It's his voice that I don't like. That might be the only reason, too.

Shut the fuck up you pretentious faggot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzPFREhlkRM

That's probably my favourite song by them if only for that rendition. The World at Large is great too.

Beyond a few scattered songs and most of Good News... I'm not sure they have much I like, but Baron von Bullshit Rides Again is pretty great as far as album titles go. I've tried exploring from time to time but it never really clicks beyond those few tracks.

• 3 weeks later...