Gotye

Ataraxis

The dude is all over the place musically, so I'll stop the links with those three. Other songs I'm digging are "Easy Way Out" and "Don't Worry, We'll Be Watching You."

Pronounced go-tee-ay, I guess? It's basically an alternate spelling of Gautier. Often compared to Peter Gabriel, sometimes to Sting, etc. I had heard the name thrown around for a couple months, but never really paid any attention. Finally checked out a track this week, and I'm thoroughly impressed.

He's got a good blend of his own sound, an 80's pop rock feel, and general ~SOUNDS OF VARIETY~. I find the videos for his songs genuinely entertaining, too.

Apparently neither of you know what you're talking about. That's about 75 million hits on that first song. Even south africa likes the song.

I don't know about anyone else knowing what they're talking about, but I have no clue what you're talking about.

Oh and Buttface, "Got-yeah" is definitely wrong.

Peter Gabriel
Sting

The only thing I remember about Peter Gabriel and Sting is that I went on a tirade about how much I hate them both one rainy night in Seattle. Ever since that night I purged my system of them both and only remember a few trace factoids about them. I can't even remember who it was I was talking to that night. I know it was on the phone, though.

All based on a single listen:

I liked the first song. That Kimbra bitch is kinda hot in a poor man's Katy Perry kind of way.

Wuthering Heights is an excellent book. This second song is not nearly as good as the aforementioned book.

I enjoyed the third song as well.

Get your hate on. I see "reminds me of Peter Gabriel" on a lot of his videos and stuff, but like I said in the first post, I think he's kind of all over the place. I dig that.

My thoughts on Kimbra are that her own music sucks but she provides good back up on that track, and if I want to look at Katy Perry or Zooey Deschanel, I'll, you know, go look at them. I would mash the proverbial guts given the opportunity. No hesitation whatsoever.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I clicked the global popularity chart. South Africa likes the song. That's what I'm talking about.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Cool, but I'm still confused. I mean, you followed up a "You don't seem to know what you're talking about" with "Even SA likes the song." It comes across like you're disagreeing with something. If you are, I'm flabbergasted about what it is.

Sir Altaire is now South Africa.