Any parts not available in the store? Also... S-ranks?

TemjinZero

Basically... are there any parts you absolutely have to find in missions that can't be bought? Mainly, I'm asking because the story mode feels like such a bore in this game.

2nd part:

S-ranking seems really hard? I don't know how anyone could finish all these sidequests in story mode in time (don't most of these missions also have a 5-min or less 'sidequest') unless you had run through the mission already multiple times and had memorized everything?

Overall, the game seems alright, but I don't think I'm enjoying it as much as the previous generations. It's probably better in many respects as compared to the ludicrous speed of AC4/FA but something doesn't feel right when I'm playing the game.

Yes, there are parts which have to be found/unlocked by completing story mode, subquests, etc.

S-rank is hard because no one knows how exactly to get it; in some cases it's piss easy, in others you play 10 times better than god ever could and the game rewards you with B for absolutely no reason.

Subquests, yes, some even really require multiple playthroughs of a mission. Getting them done is a pretty easy task, you just have to search a bit for certain things and use well chosen builds.

Basically... are there any parts you absolutely have to find in missions that can't be bought? Mainly, I'm asking because the story mode feels like such a bore in this game.

2nd part:

S-ranking seems really hard? I don't know how anyone could finish all these sidequests in story mode in time (don't most of these missions also have a 5-min or less 'sidequest') unless you had run through the mission already multiple times and had memorized everything?

Overall, the game seems alright, but I don't think I'm enjoying it as much as the previous generations. It's probably better in many respects as compared to the ludicrous speed of AC4/FA but something doesn't feel right when I'm playing the game.

mostly the only parts you can't get in the shop are over weapons. From what i've seen every scrap collection i have done as lead to me already having that part. I only have 2 missions left that i haven't done for all their scraps so i would assume this is the case. Just get to team lvl 50 and i think everything is open to buy in the shop.

S-Rank is based off of the profit you make from a mission. This can vary as some missions have less total money to get so the ranks are scaled accordingly. Now if you are asking about specific missions; Order's are almost always the easiest to S rank as they have very little total AU to get so it makes it easy. Story Missions are the bane of my existence as some I have S-ranked on my first run through, while currently story 05, 03, and another one that i can't remember are laughing hysterically at me as i flounder into B's and A's over and over. I know completing as many sub-quests will add extra money to your total so getting as many of those done is key but thats when ammo and damage start to sky rocket and can potentially ruin your chances. Take 03, all you have to do is slowly kill mines, gas barrels, missile pods, weak lasers, and suicidal MT's, BUT still do it under 10k damage, within 10min (maybe its five i dont remember right now) and use as little ammo as possible. Gathering the 3 scraps will help but barley. The worst part is having to deal with the L.L.L. at the end as i have gotten to it with less than 1k damage and ended with him adding 8k+.

Overall the only thing i have figured is that you should try to solo. Its frustrating to say the least but just keep hammering it out till it happens. Right now with what current knowledge we have its just a matter of persistence.

i have collected all scrap

all of the scrap is things you can get from shop at lvl50 (in fact it will not give you the weapon from scrap if you already own it)

the only weapons you need to do story mode/ordered for is the 5 overed weapons

grindblade/massblade/gigacannon for completing story

masspulse for completing all ordered

giantmissile for killing all zodiacs in story mode and ordered

Nah, once you reach team level 50 all parts in the game are available in the shop, besides the overed weapons. The scrap parts you find are just standard parts with a random affinity set to them when you pick them up.

Strange... I'm damned sure I only got the gatling after collecting all scraps from mission 2.

Well, good to know then, I guess you know what you are talking about.

S-Rank is based off of the profit you make from a mission. This can vary as some missions have less total money to get so the ranks are scaled accordingly. Now if you are asking about specific missions; Order's are almost always the easiest to S rank as they have very little total AU to get so it makes it easy. Story Missions are the bane of my existence as some I have S-ranked on my first run through, while currently story 05, 03, and another one that i can't remember are laughing hysterically at me as i flounder into B's and A's over and over. I know completing as many sub-quests will add extra money to your total so getting as many of those done is key but thats when ammo and damage start to sky rocket and can potentially ruin your chances. Take 03, all you have to do is slowly kill mines, gas barrels, missile pods, weak lasers, and suicidal MT's, BUT still do it under 10k damage, within 10min (maybe its five i dont remember right now) and use as little ammo as possible. Gathering the 3 scraps will help but barley. The worst part is having to deal with the L.L.L. at the end as i have gotten to it with less than 1k damage and ended with him adding 8k+.

Overall the only thing i have figured is that you should try to solo. Its frustrating to say the least but just keep hammering it out till it happens. Right now with what current knowledge we have its just a matter of persistence.

I shall serve you with following:

Build the cheapest AC possible, instead of repair-costs of 170-200k we will talk about numbers around 50k, so it's 5000 times easier to S-rank anything because you are allowed to take 4 times as much damage as usually to get the respective rank... (of course you also take more damage from attacks, so 4 times isn't a correct calculation,) just by testing it you will experience the increased easiness without any delay.

What you equip is your choice, there are always multiple parts of the same repair cost-value. I usually choose dual gatlings+magazine case+etc.

Also it should be taken into consideration to equip light rev joint legs instead of the cheapest legs you can find, sometimes, because the cheaper med and light bipedal legs let you jump as high as a hippo.

Edited by his1nightmare