Drake

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

Word, ya, that's the dood. He can flow...kinda trippy huh? He's worked with a bunch of big name artists too, already. Very trippy.

My sister likes that show, but I dunno man...not my cup of tea I guess.

Keanu what do you think of the new Drake album, anyways? I've been meaning to ask.

Yeah I think my favorite songs so far are "Fireworks," "Over," "Show Me A Good Time," maybe "Fancy," and, "Thank Me Now." From the new album, I mean. It's tricky though, I've been listening to the whole album end to end over and over since Tuesday. Really, really, good stuff.

There's a few lines that depress me though. For someone who whines about being successful all the time he has some interesting and insightful things to say.

There's a few lines that depress me though. For someone who whines about being successful all the time he has some interesting and insightful things to say.

See, his lyrical content overall would probably drive me nuts, but the production values on his tracks is so high that it's hard not to get sucked in to the better aspects of each track. From building the album to guest vocalists, I really think he got to work with a lot of the right people.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I want to hate him. Or because he wants me to hate him. Dunno.

See, his lyrical content overall would probably drive me nuts, but the production values on his tracks is so high that it's hard not to get sucked in to the better aspects of each track. From building the album to guest vocalists, I really think he got to work with a lot of the right people.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I want to hate him. Or because he wants me to hate him. Dunno.

Absolutely. That's part of why I didn't like him at first. I made the assumption that he's only looking strong because he runs with a strong pack. The thing is, he runs with that team because he belongs on that team. It took me a bit to really notice, though. His whole style and look makes you want to hate him. But the lyrics...they're pretty damn good. The music, as well, is great.

Give it a closer listen. He's usually saying something clever and/or well-structured, or something insightful and/or thought-provoking. He's like a Canadian Kanye West. He's whiny but he comes across as honest...so I think that's what makes it kind of interesting and engaging to listen to.

I was watching some music awards thing and sure enough a trio of rappers were performing. I recognized Eminem, then Lil' Wayne, then suddenly I saw this strangely familiar face, it's Jimmy Brooks without a wheelchair! I was confused because he sure looked like he knew what he was doing, rapping and trading lines with such well established rap artists. I had to make sure it was him, so strange, he's really getting around.

I'm going to have to say that I thoroughly hate this crap.

Can't put my finger on the why, but I definitely don't like it.

Too much nig-noggery for me perhaps.

I think that I'm just stuck on the idea that he's a puerto-rican acting black or something.

Haha, he's black and jew canadian actually. That's possibly worse.

It took me awhile to give him a shot since he looks so retarded. I wasn't really expecting too many people to like him from ACU. Most of the people here don't listen to hiphop. The guy is very talented, though. I really am enjoying the two albums of his I have, 'So Far Gone' and 'Thank Me Later.' Good stuff.

Yeah, that's kind of an obstacle.

Mike's been IMing me this dude's videos for weeks and I'm reluctantly enjoying it now. I hated even hearing his fucking name in shout-outs on other dudes' tracks and how stacked his videos (and his fans) were. I'm coming around though now that I've given him a chance. I may pick up the new album here soon. Depends on what else I'm feeling at the moment.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs279.ash1/20644_230703474263_230696039263_2888412_2418425_n.jpg

I'm so angry that I like this dude so much now. I've had this album on repeat for like two and a half hours now.

Do Right And Kill Everything

Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

Yeah!

What did you think of 'The Resistance'? It's a trippy song, huh? I kinda think it might be the darkest song on the album. I really enjoy the segue to 'Over' as well.

"I said it's happening Penny Lane / Just like you said I avoided the Coke game and went with Sprite instead"

That line is great, haha.

I like how half the songs on the album have annoying ass sounds or hooks, and yet the content is still so strong. He uses some of the typical catchy pop-oriented tricks to the song to make them stick in your head, and then he breaks you off with real talk. Such bullshit.

• 4 months later...

That's a good way to phrase it. He's not as rude, but he's about as superficial yet occasionally englightening, and he has a lot of famous friends. Good call.

Well he is half black but still it works.

Edited by Colon Mokto

• 3 months later...

Pretty dope!

EDIT: Yeah overrated in the sense that anyone would claim he's someone who's worthy of being considered among the best. He's nowhere near that yet. A lot of people claim it too. Stupid people, mind you.

Edited by Penguin Deus

• 2 years later...

Drake finished with magazine interviews after Rolling Stone replaced his cover with Hoffman!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MUSIC_DRAKE_ROLLING_STONES?SITE=KING&SECTION=DEFAULT&TEMPLATE=ENTERTAINMENT.html

"I'm disgusted with that. RIP to Phillip Seymour Hoffman. All respect due. But the press is evil,"