RG01-PITONE

----

----

----

Heavy Handgun

Heavy Handgun

50 - ENO, Side QB, turning

some - lock speed, aim, maneuverability, main QB

Getting back to the "Is dual PITONE broken" argument, this is the design that did the best, by far, in my fights with LS. The basic premise was that PITONE is enough to do the job on its own. Unlike the other G (my names have bee creative since my PS3 broke) AC's, this one is built around dual PITONE alone. There is no contingency, and no flexibility. This is probably why it worked better.

Through trial and error I found that there are two ways to use it:

Ultra long range sniper, basically go so far away from the other guy that he can't find you and take a shot at him every once in a while and whittle him down. Once you take a shot move to remain unseen.

CQC, use PITONE's accuracy to almost garuntee hits at close range and out damage the other guy. If CQC starts to fail, KRAKEN provides the speed needed to retreat and attempt a backpedal game.

That basically cuts the offense of this AC in half beyond 500 range. It would let me spam in close range, but I'd much rather have the one hit power of the two PITONE's (and their better accuracy). AM-JUDITH is enough to make CQC dual PITONE work, AM-HOGIRE make the combo very easy to use up close.

On the positive side, EN and mobility would go up if I switched to a rifle, especially a lighter one like 47AN. If that was enough to increase the effectiveness of PITONE backpedal, it could be worth it.

Overall though I wouldn't put a rifle on this without some other weapon to back up the rifle, like the ever popular OSAGE. PITONE would then go from a main weapon to a just-in-case ranged weapon, or AP lead generator.

It's a pretty niche AC to begin with, aye? So it definitely does what it needs to do. If you drop one PITONE, I'd say throw in a laser Rifle like Altare and switch arms to Tellus. The weight sucks but the EN supply gets a bit better

The problem with having an ac with only dual pitone and a slow ac at that is that it's AC4 and ideally you'd get rushed down by a strong and agressive lightweight and have nothing to show for in cqc. Of course it could work wonders if whatever you'er playing can't give a solid rushdown, but AC4 always gives that potential.

Dual PITONE is easily omni-range. This AC has more than nothing to show for CQC. Ideally, it would like to outrange a lighter rusher, but it has a number of advantages over something like your typical MG/RF LW.

Higher AP means that this AC will control the very early stages of the fight. LS used a couple of LW designs on me while I was testing it, and I could usually take a couple thousand AP from him at the very least when he tried to close on me. When he did get close, I played dual PITONE something like I play CANO/SIRI in short range fighting, I force the outshoot. This is because PITONE is a single shot weapon, as opposed to MG's or RF's which rely on a stream of fire. If you can force them to only fire in bursts, they're not very effective, especially vs one hit weapons. I would be more afraid of High Laser or Shotguns (both of which LW rushers could use) than MG/RF while using this AC.

Now in the case of the High Laser, I'd try harder to keep a gap between me and the other guy, and it should be a bit easier because HL's are closer in weight to PITONE than MG's or RF's. In close range fighting, the HL probably has the advantage because it's more powerful, but PITONE still has the edge in accuracy.

Shotguns would fail against PITONE if I could keep far enough away, maybe with chain QB, or just backpedaling. If the Shotgunner got into his effective range I could perhaps try a more cautious version of the tactics I described above to counter MG's. If my PA got low, I would give up actively attacking and just focus on avoiding the lock until I recover. It could go either way though.

LH, with the shot drain from the LR, it might not balance out to a big EN difference overall. I'm not sure if I've ever tried a RG/LR combo though.

I see what you're saying. If anything, it'll give you something to hard hit with for AC's with high Ballistic Defense. The RG/LR combo isn't too bad I think, I've used it awhile back, so long as you're liberal with the RG, though that's kind of against the whole point of this AC, now that I think about it