The impact of leg stability and arm stability on fire rate.

So, instead of doing some homework, I decided to test how various factors affect fire speed in AC5. Because writing a 12 page essay on Dark Souls is soooo boring.

Anyway, I tested how fast various weapons of popular weapon classes with several different legs and arms ran out of ammo. Since I'm no longer a member of a team, I was unable to buy any new weaponry, so the options I had for testing were slightly limited, and the only stock weapons I was able to use were ones that came with the EBgames preorder package. That said, I think I got some pretty informative results.

Keep in mind, all parts are stock with no modifications.

Here's the base AC I used:

Head: UHD-10/I Arthur

Core: UCR-10/A

FCS: KV-1T2/Otkryt

Generator: Sonne GNE530

Booster: KT-2R3/Dafeng

Recon Unit: URD-36/ER

For the legs units I tested, I picked ULG-09/L because it has the lowest stability in the game, ULG-21 because it's a fairly popular set of legs, and also my preferred set, and KTN-2N3/Putuo because it has the highest stability in the game, and is probably the most popular set of legs in the game.

For arms, I used the Ilmenau AM28 arms because they have some of the higher stability in the game, and just happen to be the standard arms I use for most builds. I also used the KT-1S/Amur arms because they have the lowest stability in the game.

Anyway, here are the results for various weapons, less time means higher firing rate, obviously. Keep in mind that there is a margin of error here, but it shouldn't be more than 1 second.

KO-5K3/Zlatko (Sniper Rifle) with Ilmenau AM28 arms

ULG-09/L: 62s

ULG-21:61s

KTN-2N3/Putuo: 56s

KO-2H6/Strekoza (Battle Rifle) with Ilmenau AM28 arms

ULG-09/L: 47s

ULG-21: 44.5s

KTN-2N3/Putuo: 40s

USG-23/H (Gatling Gun) with Ilmenau AM28 arms

ULG-09/L: 67.5s

ULG-21: 67.5s

KTN-2N3/Putuo: 67s

USG-23/H (Gatling Gun) with KT-1S/Amur arms

ULG-09/L: 106.5s

ULG-21: 104.5s

KTN-2N3/Putuo: 94s

KO-3K2 (Shotgun) with Illmenau AM28 arms

ULG-09/L: 39.5s

ULG-21: 37.5s

KTN-2N3/Putuo: 31s

KO-3K2 (Shotgun) with KT-1S/Amur arms

ULG-09/L: 73.5s

ULG-21: 71s

KTN-2N3/Putuo: 59s

KTO-3T3 (Pulse Gun) with Ilmenau AM28 arms

ULG-09/L: 30.5s

ULG-21: 30.5s

KTN-2N3/Putuo: 30.5s

KTO-3T3 (Pulse Gun) with KT-1S/Amur arms

ULG-09/L: 56.5

ULG-21: 56.5

KTN-2N3/Putuo: 56.5

LR-81 Karasawa with Ilmenau AM28arms

ULG-09/L: 10.5s

ULG-21: 10.5s

Putuo: 10.5s

Conclusion: Although the firing stability of your leg unit does affect the firing rate of some weapons, it does not affect all weapons, and the effects themselves vary. This seems to depend on the weapon's base fire rate and impact force, but I can't confirm for sure. Furthermore, energy weapons are not affected by leg stability at all, or if they are, it is entirely inconsequential.

The arm unit used had a much larger impact on the fire of any weapon used, regardless of weapon type, and the results seemed to be much more consistent than the impact of the leg units used. Additionally, it appeared that weapons fired using the arm unit with higher firing stability also exhibited a much more consistent and accurate spread, although this is entirely through visual observation.

For what it's worth, if you're going to be using USG-23/H gatlings, then forcing yourself to use heavy reverse joint legs is overkill and pointless, since the actual impact of the legs' stability on the fire rate is utterly inconsequential. That said, other weapons do exhibit more pronounced effects. This is extremely noticeable on the KO-3K2 shotgun, which had an exceptionally high increase in fire rate. Additionally, if you focus on the use of energy weaponry, your leg choice is unimportant concerning fire rate, since the effects are miniscule or nonexistent.

Essentially, Putuo and heavy reverse joints in general are far more common than they should be for any reason.

Finally, as for arm choice, higher fire stability is always worth it, both for the increase in accuracy and increase in fire rate.

Edited by White Light/White Heat

• 9 months later...