Vehicle Thread

Shirtless Crackhead

With the arrival of good weather, work has resumed on my project car. Last year I took care of rear leaf springs, shocks on all corners, and a bitchin' new sway bar setup. This is a car in good enough working order that I can drive it between upgrades and the usual massive component failure that seems to plague me once every summer. Just replaced a faulty ignition switch, then tore out the rest of the steering column to order a newer, firmer, heavier-feeling steering gear. In the near future I will be ordering a set of front springs:

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/dcc-5249158.jpg

After that will be the set of subframe connectors and torque boxes I have had for a couple years. My area has no welders that aren't flakes. I may just learn to MIG and slap them on/ruin everything myself, haha.

Anybody else have a project? Butts, how's the Honda?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This POS motherfucker. In 3 months it's given me so much shit. First the forks leak an dI have to not only resleal, but then REPLACE both of them, then my carbs start acting wacky as hell because of the low pressure weather systems.... one carb is too lean, one is too rich so it has a hiccup and starts hard as hell. And just this week the charging system fried 100 miles from home had to pay a FUCKTON to have it towed home, then went to replace the rectifier, battery, and alternator coil stator... took a fucking week, even got stranded again in the process. But for the most god awful insane reason I still love this thing to death. Luckily all the shit I've had to deal with it has only been minor inconveniences compared to the cost of a car new OR used..... and I still get 0-60 in 3.1s with Brembo Brakes and Loud as fuck AF exhaust.

The secret life of a motorcyclist... the REPAIRS~~~~~~~~~ Fuck all that shit~~~~~~~~ It's like in star wars where the fighters are CONSTANTLY in the shop bring maintained cuz they're such high maintenance super-technology bullshit.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/306201_409283029082367_100000020207754_1491489_1957733983_n.jpg

Shit.. even knew this shit is an amazing deal of super-technology. For ~$10,000 you can get a bike that does 0-60 in < 3 seconds, top speed of 180mph and is sexy as fuck. Or for equivalent money you could get some gay ass nissan versa which is slow and gay 5 times the materials and can fit more people. Orrrr you could get some fancy ass sports car that does the same speed specs.... yet that's gunna set you back well over $200K for a NEW one unless you run nitrous on a modified ricer or something..

seriously Bikes FTW!!!!

Edited by Tsuranga

That all depends on where you live, and that you don't have any passangers or cargo on a regular basis.

Try shagging in the back seat of your bike, oh wait, you don't have one. Try taking a trunk full of guns and ammo to the range, oh wait, you can't.

Going 0-60 in 3 seconds, not very important in my life.

Going 180mph, not needed unless I'm flying, at which point, motorcycle is useless.

Looking sexy as fuck, until you hit a hiccup and shear off half your skin.

http://i.imgur.com/QZcKA.gif

About $20,000 and you can get a car that'll handle more weather and road conditions, has space for a passenger or some stuff. Plus it'll outrun just about everything short of it's much more expensive V8 cousin and perhaps 1-2 other supercars.

• 4 weeks later...

Marlboro liveries are the best. Especially on old BMW 6ers.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4jfadPfez1r2dcdfo1_500.png

It's like two of my favorite things in life teaming up to fight evil.