Wind 3

LS

Design process (click to show):

Spoiler! --Click Here to View!--

[noob] 10:09 pm: post an ac ls

[noob] 10:09 pm: i posted one

[noob] 10:09 pm: so you have to post one

[LS] 10:09 pm: oic

[LS] 10:09 pm: I will remind you of this rule later.

[LS] 10:11 pm: What kind of AC should I post?

[LS] 10:11 pm: Like, a forsrs AC?

[noob] 10:11 pm: your best

[LS] 10:11 pm: Because my forsrs ACs are very boring

[noob] 10:11 pm: mine is my best

[LS] 10:11 pm: They're all 051/KAP

[LS] 10:11 pm: All day every day

[noob] 10:11 pm: werd

[LS] 10:12 pm: drew

Wind 3

FA PS3 1.4

Frame: 047AN02 | EKHAZAR-CORE | 063AN03 | 063AN03

Internals: FS-HOGIRE | 03-AALIYAH/G

Boosters: CB-JUDITH |03-AALIYAH/B | AB-HOLOFERNES | LINSTANT/O

Weapons: 051ANNR | RG03-KAPTEYN | MPO601JC | WHEELING01 | 061ANRM | - | -

Stabilization:

Head R Side: SOLUH-HEAD-1

(+0, +3) [155, 157, 159, 135]

Tunes: 50 in Energy Output, KP Output, Maneuverability, Radar Refresh Rate, Main Quick Boost, Back Quick Boost, Side Quick Boost. 28 in Load. 37 in Vertical Thrust. 27 in Turning Ability.

This is the closest thing to a tier AC I have, meaning that if I played ladder (I never have) this would probably be what I would use. The Wind line, in FA, has always used this exact weapon set, because I feel that it's one of the best offensive weapon sets in the game since it can actually score some hits, which is rare in FA. Wind 3 is the middle child, and I find him more effective than his lighter and heavier relatives. The main focus is on consistent damage from defensive angles and ranges.

No, WG legs are not better. I usually prefer LAHIRE gen to AALIYAH, but in this instance I find that I can't really do anything meaningful with the weight without slowing the AC down considerably.

Suggestions?

You said you felt that you couldn't fill the weight gap if you used Lahire gen well, but you could try to fill it in by swapping the Wheeling01 for a Wheeling03 because 01 is super mediocre whereas the 03 is pretty high tier. Also MP-O203 is pretty high tier. With the Judith main, the change in EN drain should be easy to manage still.

You said you felt that you couldn't fill the weight gap if you used Lahire gen well, but you could try to fill it in by swapping the Wheeling01 for a Wheeling03 because 01 is super mediocre whereas the 03 is pretty high tier. Also MP-O203 is pretty high tier. With the Judith main, the change in EN drain should be easy to manage still.
Yeah, when I dredged this out of the garage that was one change I thought of making. The only thing I did change was the legs, which were LANCEL for some unkleinly-retarded reason known only to my 17-year-old self. I refrained from doing that because I recall specifically testing that when I was building the AC, and finding that the angles just weren't as good with the verts. There's so little cover in FA that I'm just firing from above like 80% of the time, and the verts don't hit as well as the regular missiles from such high angles. They just seem so awkward, haha. I do run the verts on Wind 4, who is slightly heavier and less aerial. It's a close thing, but the extra en and speed that this version has make the difference for me, even though it's not a big difference.

I know that O203 is great, but it requires more offensive positioning than I like to engage in with this AC. I'm more comfortable with the PMs here, with how spammable a combo they and the extensions are. They work from pretty much any angle, where O203 does not, and provide more consistent pressure.

What I saw at first

FAPS 3 1.4 - Wind 3

Maybe this will convince Niji to actually let me have my fucking title not be retarded for once.

after piloting this bot, this is how I'd feel about :

- WHEELING03 is better, but 01 is okay if you don't hope about hit the target that much. (I think you choose WHEELING01 just for annoying)

- now I know why you're tuning for vertical thrust. when I'd removed all the points out, I'd feel like too slow to flight.

- a bit more EN drain for me, but if I did more concentrate about EN manage, it would be fine.

now, what I'll prefer to you is :

- swap QB main's tuning points to normal back thrust or side thrust.

- try MP-O901. (replaced with WHEELING01)

- try 047ANSR. (replaced with KAPTEYN)

- I'm not sure is it gonna be good idea but try OMNIA if you want.

edit : anyway, good to see rare stuff, thanks LS.

Edited by Taurus

• 1 year later...