Need Help Building a Close Range AC

scheissty

I'm trying to put together a unit that specializes in close range combat. I feel as if I have gotten pretty decent at the game, but am not quite sure if my AC is built well enough.

Here is my current setup:

Head: UHD-13 Galahad

Core: Surt CR114

Arms: KT-4S2/Svir

Legs: Cinto LG104-2

FCS: D/UFC-10

Generator: Sonne GNE530

Booster: BT-21 Shinatsu

Recon Unit: URD-36/EA

R Arm: Lotus BR429

L Arm: LB-66 Moonlight

Shoulders: CIWS-8/A

R Bay: KO-4H4/Mifeng

L Bay: Distel GT22

Since I got the game I've been playing almost solely as a mercenary, so I haven't done much with the single player and I'm sure there's much more to unlock as I begin progressing through the game. Any suggestions on a close range AC would be much appreciated.

Is this going to be more for missions or pvp? The ac itself looks good, I'll have to check the legs when I get home. Shotguns do good, as do pulse machine guns as only tanks really have great thermal resists. On the FCS, the fastest is also the longest range (can't think of name, 500range) but it's a little tricky to keep them in the lock zone. I have a friend running shotty/pulse machine-gun, moonlight or 50k pile-driver on the back, he tears people up as a super light CQCB. I'm not sure what his other weapon is. He's bipedal light btw.

I'm trying to build it more for pvp. I don't care as much about the story missions. I haven't tried a pulse machine gun yet, so I'll definitely give that a shot. up to this point, I've kept it at medium weight because it has pretty good mobility (and I liked the idea of keeping my ap in the 30000's haha), but I'll experiment with a lighter build. Thanks for the advice man.

For the AP most of my 'lights' end up being highly mobile heavy RJ's, as wall jumping directly sideways can be as fast as GB'ing. As well as much more efficient. I tend to end up low to mid 30k AP although I've noticed not all RJ's are created equal. Some are terribly slow.