Enganacious' Xlink Kai Project

So, basically my dad is pretty sure he can tool over Xlink Kai letting ACU setup it's own Kai server with a modified Kai program that'll work with the old AC games, atleast the ones it used to.

I've emailed Team Xlink to see what they think about me/us/whomever doing this, and what information they'd be willing to hand out.

So if any of you have knowledge on how the Kai program works, what needs to be done to it, etc...

Please let me know such information.

Also, I'd like to see if it's possible to get SL working on "our" Kai variant. So information to that effect would also be useful.

I'd also like to ask, if you find this as useful, send emails to Team Xlink letting them know that the information I/we seek would be not only useful, but of no loss to them as Xlink Kai doesn't support PS2 AC games anymore.

unless team x-link has any specialized software on their servers that he would have to recreate, other than basic networking systems it shouldn't be too hard. let's hope team x-link just serves as a dedicated linchpin, and not a logical hub which is hopefully based in the distro software

the client lag issue is pretty bad though tbh, especially since it's really inconsistent. If there was a way to fix that then yeah as long as you play with a good set of tourney rules the game is phenomenal.

Like the client lag issue is bad enough that if it didn't exist SL would be the runaway best in the series to me. Because of it though I still feel MOA and LR are about as good or maybe just a little worse.

that issue was weird too cuz it was like an issue related directly to the game coding, iirc.

Well, here's my list of priorities with as far as this project goes.

#1. Figuring out if we're going to be able to get a working Kai version for the games it used to support. Granted the old program basically does, we just need to be able to setup our own server here on ACU, or just somewhere we control.

#2. Figuring out if it's possible to get SL working.

#3. If the above works, then we will try and address the possibilities of eliminating client lag on SL. I don't think we can eliminate client lag from SL, but there might be a way to circumvent whatever is causing the client lag or directly compensate for it so it doesn't effect games.