Boosters and Blades

Fragrant

So I found out by accident that QB rating is what affects the speed at which you fly when you activate your blade. My Next with GA heavy booster only travels under 100 units, while with a booster like VIRTUE, it flew nearly 500 units! Maybe there is another thing involved with the blade, it wasn't FCS though, as neither had XS, both had inblue I believe, but nothing has greater blade tracking than XS though.

This entire time, I thought the speed and drain of using the blade to track somebody was based on main booster, which is why I thought I was getting the most from GA heavy booster, which has the highest output and pretty good drain [6500], I actually thought VIRTUE would drain me dry if I bladed, [15000 boost to 13000 .0 drain seems pretty bad compared to GAN.] And if you just skim the stats, most QB seem to have little power difference, [Maybe about a 30% gap usually.] In reality, the difference is far greater than that when you take boost duration, which makes the gap between VIRTUE and GAN over double the amount! Basically x2.4!!! And on top of that, GAN has drainer quickboost. I guess QB is far more important than normal boosting, I guess it was because I was thinking in an old school manner that I neglected QB and ended up with a low mobility light that I thought was fast[i thought lag affected my drain somehow.]

Yeah, thing to remember with the boosters in this game is that:

Duration is how long the booster fires during the QB sequence, this affects the distance you will travel when QBing. I've not done any kind of proper testing for it, but I also believe that the higher duration quick boosts will drain more energy per QB than those with lower durations. I don't know what the actual formula is, but it might be that the booster will drain the listed QB EN cost on the stat list every second the booster is active. Which means that boosters like Virtue and Holofernes, though having somewhat lower QB costs than their contemporaries, would actually drain more because their durations are longer (again, if the drain x duration in mSec [or w/e the unit is] exceeds that of your other option).

The Thrust on the other hand affects the amount of acceleration in the initial position displacement. This is why Virtue makes people move so quick, because its thrust is insanely high, the distance they move on the other hand is because of its long (9 mSec) duration. Boosters like Aaliyah/M have comparable thrust, so it will move you quickly, but not as far (7 mSec duration).

For chaining QB too, this should be self-explanatory from looking at the stats, but the lower the parts QB reload time, the faster you will be able to initiate a QB after firing one. This can be more or less avoided though by just using side QB and then using a forward QB.