Left Arm - MR-R102

Right Back - OTOGO

Left Back - MP-0601JC

Shoulder - BELTCREEK03

Stabilizers:

None

Tuning:

FRS Points - 273

I just hit Auto-Tuning so it just spread the points evenly but giving more to capacity. I haven't had time to really try to tune it out.

Notes:

I have been playing on Hard Mode to unlock more parts and more frs points. I won't go glitching yet until I complete all the missions on hard mode first.

And as you could probably tell, I have a penchant for Rosenthal/Omer parts. The Otogo is one of my personal favorite weapons. I prefer Rifles over Machine Guns on account of accuracy issues. And I always carry a blade just in case I run out of ammo or my opponent wants to have a "Heart 2 Heart" so to speak.

I was aiming for a "Jack of all Trades" feel with this design. Whats the point of carrying 2 extremly powerful weapons with 6 shots a piece only to go up against a mech that can get behind you and pummel you to death before you have the time to act.

Any assistance/opinions would be helpful.

When you give said statements just pretend like you are talking to someone who knows extremely little about "pro" mech design and PvP combat. Yesterday I had my first online match and it was against Exorcet. thats how much of a noob I am when it comes to PvP. Exorcet referred me to this site and suggested that I post my design here for analysis. And that I think about sums it up.

I don't see the point of the GA back boosters, use lahire or latona, if you have the weight avalible use the aaliyah gen, for a jack of all trades judith or hogire FCS. As to tuning max En output first, then your quick boost power. After that it's up to prefence. Due to not actaully having a working PS3 at the moment I'll leave the frame and weapons advice to the other members. Edited by Rogan

This needs 26 frs on load because it would be overweight, just pointing out.

First Ill start with tunes, first thing ALWAYS should be EN output, after that I probably go to forward and side QB, and then lock speed, use whats left for your own style.

Now on to parts, why the hell full HOGIRE? I mean come on almost everything that's preset can barely move and Gan gen just makes things worse, if you have some (X) reason then keep it, switch the gen to aaliyah, it outperforms all MW gens, at least for me, I would switch the back booster to latona, since Hogire is damn drainy, Change the FRS, I really dont get why you're using yellowstone, it's not like youre full missiles, FCS units should always make all of your weapons work, so either switch it to HOGIRE FCS or JUDITH or go full missile.

Unless you have a strategy that works, switch the M missiles for scatters, recommend mp203, which kick total ass, and Im not sure how the shoulder missiles perform for you but since I never use shoulder adds then I can't say anything about it, if it works keep it.

I cannot get Lahire or Latona because this is an AC4 build. I dont have 4Answer yet. Now about the AC framing, then I can switch over to Alliyah because that is also a favorite of mine. I don't have to stick with Hogire...

But when I build my mechs, I look at the numbers, which I am starting to think is a very bad idea. Which makes the most difference, Stats or Style?

Which is the better FCS for this frame should I switch bodies to alliyah? Exorcet said that INBLUE was a very bad idea because it takes forever to get a lockon. Like I said, I am more accustomed to missions than PvP. Missions require endurance while PvP demand style and fluidity and that's where I epicly fail.

And about what Dark_MX said about missiles... They don't work with me because they are way too slow....

What reg?

All regs are 1.xx, so do you mean 1.20, or 1.40? 1.40 is the best for PS3.

First off, auto tune is terrible. It's basically a handicap.

Put 50 FRS into Energy Output always, no exceptions.

For this design, main and side QB tunes should be helpful along with turning. From there, experiment a bit.

The frame is usable, but could be better. Right now, this looks a bit weighty. Given your arm weapons, light arms should suffice. Go with AM-JUDITH. You might also want to lighten the core. ALIYA/C is a great part, and if you switch to it and use JUDITH arms, the drain won't bother you.

From your play style, I don't think VIRTUE is the right booster for this AC. Grenades like to be used in the air, and you weren't really being all that aggressive. POLARIS will let you go fast while giving you plenty of EN to hover and rain death on your adversaries. HOGIRE back beats the GAN back booster. ORTEGA is useless before reg 1.6, use SCHEDAR for EN or KRAKEN for speed.

Weapons - Rifle/GL is a good combo, but you're going to need speed to rely on it. Cutting weight from the frame is a start, but lowering weapon weight could still be helpful. R102 and OGOTO have loads of ammo. If you wanted to, you could just rely on them. However, you could just as easily run a dumper set up, where you begin the match spamming the missiles and then dropping before going for Rifle/GL. Blades aren't really useful in this game for pvp. A machine gun or missile might be nice for hammering PA before going for a grenade strike. Alternatively, a dropper PITONE is always good.

And about the glitching, you can only use it on Hard missions you haven't S ranked, so if you think you might want to use it, save a mission that is easy. You can also just load the 100% save from downloads. I highly recommend just getting all the FRS and parts for maximum pvp fun. If you still want to complete single on your own, copy your unfinished game to another PS3 player profile, and load the complete save in your player profile that has your PSN. You'll have access to everything for online and still be able to play single player when you're no feeling like pvping.

But when I build my mechs, I look at the numbers, which I am starting to think is a very bad idea. Which makes the most difference, Stats or Style?

Which is the better FCS for this frame should I switch bodies to alliyah? Exorcet said that INBLUE was a very bad idea because it takes forever to get a lockon. Like I said, I am more accustomed to missions than PvP. Missions require endurance while PvP demand style and fluidity and that's where I epicly fail.

And about what Dark_MX said about missiles... They don't work with me because they are way too slow....

Stats are what matter. If by style, you mean the things that part descritions talk about, ignore them, they don't really help.

INBLUE has a quick lock on (the fastest in fact), I was saying it was bad for the map you picked because of the lock on range. Underground messes with your FCS. But YELLOWSTONE is fine here, since you have missiles. JUDITH can have some nice use here as you only have one arm weapon, and are using missile. If you went all guns, I'd suggest HOGIRE, INBLUE.

Edited by Exorcet