Mass Effect 2

Master Ocelot

Finished it with a soldier. Started an insanity playthrough with Vanguard, until I realized close range + Insanity = assrape. Starting again with an Infiltrator later.

Overall, the game's a blast. One of the best RPG's I've ever played.

I have currently beat it with my Infiltrator (Paragon) and being a real hardcore fan of the series I personally say Bioware has made a complete win. The overall gameplay was slowed down making gun usage easier while even though I miss "ducking" gtting behind cover is smoother too, also who can't resist 50% slower time with sniper rifles when aiming?

As for the story I am no doubt very pleased with the effort they put into it just like the first, only wish they had more skills to pick from like how you built in ME1 but hell they made it up with Tali (Heheh, about time you could pick her, literally)

I just can't imagine how crazy the third one is going to be, that last few seconds shown was pretty spooky seeing how much effort it takes to stop "one" of them.

P.S.: The Melee button is literally your most amazing friend when surrounded by Melee tops (Husks or such) or to just swoop zaround an enemies cover and push them back for free shots. Saves you ammo on higher difficulties.

Well thats like saying to use a shotgun at long range. The melee button is a lead up to allow a single direct shot while lowering their shield a little, plus melee is best after it's Cybernetic buff and the shoulderpads.

Only use meleewhen you have a good backup plan, yes I am telling you to "think" first, then use a more powerful weapon like a sniper or Shotgun. The SMG works but not so much.

But yes moral of the story, only a fool uses "melee" on the Husk level, no I am not flaming just it's a hard lesson I see on all forums, everyone ALWAYS gets tempted to melee a husk! XDD

• 2 weeks later...

Mass Effect 2 is a lot better than the first one, that I will admit, but I feel as if BioWare work too much on the graphics, and less on the gameplay. Don't get me wrong, the game badass, but the gameplay is pretty much your standard 3rd Person Shooter. Some scenes in the game, you can see the graphic glitches, like small faints of graphic flaw, character talking in the wrong direction, which usually occurs when you skip through talking most of the times. One thing though I'm a bit disapointed is that the armor, and weapon custom aren't felt a lot. Soldier classes will have five weapons (excluding sub machine gun) which max lvl is the 2nd upgrade, but when entering the Collector's ship that killed you two years ago, you see three 3rd weapon upgrades, but only for either AR, Shotgun, or SR. Armor custom is hardly in it, each section has about two or three armor each, where as ME1 had many Mk versions of armor and weapons. To be honest, ME2 is a great game overall, but I prefer what got me catching and hanging to ME1.

Beside the flaw, the story is awesome, especially the fact that if you load back your ME1 file, it continues with the story choice you made in ME1 (examples are like the Citadel, either the Council died, lived, or Human took over it, or the choice you made with either killing Wrex or not, and saving either Ashley or Kaiden). I never really understood who the hell Harbringer was, despite the fact that he another Reaper, like Sovereign. On the 360, the hardest achievement on that game for me was No Man Left Behind, have to get almost all of the Normandy's ship upgrade, and choose the right characters for the final level, without them dying(for those wanting to know how to get this achievement, big hint is to use the Turian guy(forgot his name, lol)). What I really find to be hard in the game is mining for resources for your upgrades, especially Element Zero. Searching through the galaxy is fun, but at least put what resources are mostly on the planets.

Please refrain from revealing spoilers, there's a spoilers tag for a reason.

I currently do not have the game yet, but had a lot of fun playing it at my friend's dorm, 7 hours straight, paragon infiltrator, good times.

I personally think this is one of the better games to play because there's story and gameplay, maybe the jaded cynics out there can say it sucks, but I rather enjoy this fine piece of work for what it is, a space epic.

I do kinda enjoyed driving that crappy cartank around and kinda misses it.

• 3 weeks later...

I love how this ga,me makes you think. Like in the Zaeed DLC, there's a situation where you're placed in a position knowing that if you work with zaeed's motives, innocents will die, but if you do the morally right thing, your relationship with a (kickass) mermber of your squad is frever tarnished.

Moments like that are sprinkled throughout the game, moments that make you feel and ache and mourn. I could care less about gameplay mechanics or graphics (Hell, I play AC, that's clue enough), but if you give me a game where i can bond with programming, that studio deserves props.

On a higher level, the more cerebral bits and themes scattered throughout the game particularly were poignant. The "Geth Collective" mission (to avoid spoilers) was a great example, forcing you to rationalize whether killing a group for being a threat merely for what they believe, or brainwashing an entire population of millions of geth to conform to a peaceful solution is right. Or perhaps deciding between the sterilization and decline of the potentionally dangerous Krogan race, or changing an illusioned scientist to better understand the damage he caused to an entire species.

The themes of self-preservation, artificial intelligence morality, and simple romantic love run strong in this stellar piece of fiction, and I'm sure were it released as a film or as a novel, would become instantly recognizable in the literary/academic circle.

• 4 weeks later...