Enslaved: Odyssey To The West

Diablito

Believe it just came out today and I'm planning on getting it though maybe not til next week.

As for the premise, you play as a guy named Monkey who, after escaping from a slaver transport and "escaping" on an escape pod, wakes up to find a slave headband on his head. The headband was placed there by a girl named Trip (who bares more than a passing resemblance to Nariko from Heavenly Sword) and you find out she has hacked it so it responds to her voice commands AND that it's tied to her vital signs so if she dies, you die. She then tells Monkey that if he helps her travel back to her homeland, which is 300 miles to the west, she will remove the headband from him and allow him to go. Thus begins the story.

I fell in love with it after playing the demo because the gameplay was pretty smooth and the setting is pretty interesting as far as post-apocalyptic fare goes because instead of the more usual barren, desolate landscape you're dropped into a more verdant, lush land where the ruins of the modern world have become overgrown with greenery. Also the story itself seems like it can make for some pretty engaging gaming so I'm definitely gonna be checking this out.

Anyone else tried the demo or thinking of getting it?