This team is the shit-ness.

T-Tar @ Leftovers (Sand Stream)

Quiet Nature

252 HP, 176 SpD, 80 SpA

Stealth Rock

Crunch

Fire Blast

Ice Beam

He's there for sand-stream, he really doesn't fair to well as a lead, but I can just switch into something else and mess around, blah blah, but he's still very dangerous in Sand w/ those attacks, he does well as a counter to Gengar and Reuniclus (who can be troublesome).

~

Garchomp @ Leftovers (Sand Veil)

Jolly Nature

252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe

Substitute

Swords Dance

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Pretty damn dangerous, add the +20% evasion in sand, and his' hax-o-licious.

~

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb (Magic Guard)

Bold Nature

252 HP, 60 Def, 140 SpD, 56 Spe

Psycho Shift

Cosmic Power

Stored Power

Roost

This thing is beast mode, there are hard counters, but they all fair very poorly against this team. Sigilyph is immune to alot, especially once he gets a turn in and Flame Orb activates (making him impossible to status), he's also immune to leech seed which means Ferrothorn is a choice poke to setup on. Cosmic Power gives you +1/+1 Def/SpD and boost the power of Stored Power (which starts at Base 20) by +40 every time you use it, maxing out at +6/+6 (which gives Sigilyph max Def/SpD and a Base 260 damage STAB attack). He is a fucking mean bastard on walls, I can even sit there at beat Slowbro once I get 2-3 boosts in, his Ice Beams and Surfs won't do enough while I can Burn him w/ Psycho Shift (I might switch to Toxic Orb). Once he gets 6 Cosmic Powers off he's pretty hard to stop, Stored Power will 2HKO a Scizor that has x4 Resistances.

~

Rotom W @ Leftovers

Modest Nature

124 HP, 252 SpA, 132 Spe

Thunderbolt

Hydro Pump

HP Fire

Pain Split

~

Jirachi @ Leftovers

Careful Nature

252 HP, 216 SpD, 40 Spe

Body Slam

Iron Head

Wish

Protect

Jirachi can really make an ass of himself w/ Body Slam and Iron Head paraflinching, but he also doubles as a Wisher, which is really useful.

~

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

Impish Nature

252 HP, 56 Atk, 200 Def

Swords Dance

Earthquake

Ice Fang

Taunt

Standard Tox-Heal Gliscor, I thought about the Toxic Orb + Fling/Acrobat, but Taunt is too useful.

Edited by Enganacious

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've finally gotten into fifth gen sim play. It seems very unstable, haha. About the same phase of the metagame DP was in when I got into that. They just banned chomp, and the next ban will be thunderbro, and although it's probably going to take a while for them to vote him out, most people are already playing as if he's banned, just like people played as if chomp was banned in DP for a long time before he was.

I'm having the best luck with the team below. It's based on a stallteam I saw a tourney runner up use in either late DP or early DPP.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Roar

- Slack Off

- Stealth Rock

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Rest

- Roar

- Sleep Talk

- Waterfall

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Spikes

- Leech Seed

- Power Whip

- Gyro Ball

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 Def / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Aromatherapy

- Flamethrower

- Softboiled

- Toxic

Latias (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 200 HP / 116 SAtk / 192 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Wish

- Dragon Pulse

- Recover

- Surf

Excadrill (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Rush

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Rapid Spin

Its biggest systematic weakness at the moment is CM Reuniclus, or however that thing spells itself. I'm fairly certain that it literally cannot beat a physically-defensive CM/Recover/Focus Blast/Psychic set with magic guard without a lucky crit or a miss on focus blast. I'm at something of a loss for how to fix that. I suppose I could give Excadrill X-scissor, but giving up any of his current moves would hurt a great deal, and it still wouldn't be a good response, only a desperate check, one which would, against a skilled opponent, simply delay the inevitable, as there is no way Excadrill can switch into reuniclus forever. Maybe if I removed rapid spin for x-scissor, replaced Ferrothorn with Forretress (one with payback) to retain a spinner, and moved all of Excadrill's attack and speed EVs into its defenses, then MAYBE that would give me half a prayer against reuniclus. I'd lose my catch-all wall, though, and the very-useful leech seed recovery. I'd probably also have to EV latias more defensively, since I'd be relying on wish to heal forretress. I'll probably hash out a variant of the team using that idea soon.

I'm also considering something with Heal Bell Celebi instead of Latias, and having Blissey use Wish. This would make me pretty weak to fire, but it would give me a more reliable and powerful Wish. I might have to replace excadrill with Tentacruel then, or use the Forretress-for-a-spinner version and replace Excadrill with something that resists fire and can deal with Reuniclus. Quagsire, of all things, might work for that, though I'd have to investigate that further.

If they do ban permaweather, which they probably will, I'll just wait until hippo's dream world ability comes out, and run the team without sand. It shouldn't really change much, honestly.

EDIT: Why did the forum fill my team with spaces?

FURTHER EDIT: Why did I mess up my team when fixing the spaces?

Edited by LS

Regenerator Slobro seems like one of your worst enemies. Fuck that guy.

Uh, so anyway, I was thinking of doing a Nuzlocke run in Blue and basically giving the narration for ACU. I'm not sure anyone would be into that. I can't really do videos, and if I ever did comics they'f probably come a while after the comically narrated summarizations themselves.

Just throwing that out there.

Regenerator Slobro seems like one of your worst enemies. Fuck that guy.
Slowbro can't carry moves to kill both gyarados and ferrothorn without giving up calm mind, surf/scald, or slack off, and Blissey can toxic it in any event. In the celebi variant, celebi can fill in for ferrothorn against it, as forretress can fill in for Latias as a last desperate check. If slowbro doesn't have ice beam or slack off, Latias can actually beat it straight up, I think. It's a yellow threat at best. I don't have a hard counter for it, but half my team can beat it, and the other half can put up a fight if need be. Reuniclus is a red threat in that I really have no sustainable defensive or offensive response to it at all. Edited by LS

I don't see Regenerator Slowbro as living and dying by Calm Mind sets. Even so, Gyarados and Ferrothorn both hate the burn from Scald (which has pretty good odds), though Ferrothorn is typically going to survive because of Leech Seed. Blissey was the key opposition in my mind (unless Celebi is in play).

He's also all too happy to run moves like Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Psyshock.

I forgot about Reuniclus.

Scald's burn rate is broke, I think it should be 10%, hell FLAMETHROWER doesn't burn as often.

That is ridiculous. Anyone who relies on a 30% chance is going to die. Hell, I have a more than 30% chance of beating Reuniclus under the right circumstances with the posted version of my team , and that doesn't count as a decent answer to it. Scald is quite balanced; it's not displaced any single move on any single poke, just made a few taking sets somewhat better. In this metagame, that's something I for one can appreciate. I find myself using Surf over Scald often enough as it is; if its burn rate were only 10%, it would be complete garbage.

Flamethrower is equivalent to Surf. Lava Plum is equivalent to Scald. Just be glad Surf doesn't have a 10% burn rate too, haha.

Speaking of the team I posted, revisions are not going well. Forretress is difficult to EV properly, and Blissey makes for less reliable wishpassing, even if they are stronger wishes. I'm uncertain as to whether that's just a metagame thing though, like people expect wish from Blissey and not from Latias; I don't want to choose to use Latias for wishing if that's all it is, because that would make me weaker against good people and people who knew my team, which are the matches that actually matter. Additionally, it's difficult to find something to put in the final slot that can fill the defensive holes in the team and also deal with Reuniclus. I'm really at a loss for what spinner to use...maybe I just need another mixed wall, so forretress can be a dedicated physical wall so I don't have to split his EVs. That would make him easier to wishpass to too, especially if I used a different Blissey set, like the Seismic Toss version...although that would leave my defensive core wide open for ghosts. I'll have to give something like that a try tomorrow.

Compared to other Water options, Scald is pretty balanced. It's just got some pretty critical advantages over Lava Plume that make it an embarrassing comparison. Water is a better offensive type, Scald has more viable users, and Rain is more common than Sunlight.

I would argue the burn rate should only be 20%, though. Thunderbolt and Flamethrower both rock 10% rates for their respective status', with Lava Plume and Discharge improving that to 30% (+20%). Most other 80 BP moves with effects roll 20% rates (with the occasional 10%).

• 3 months later...

Here's my Pokemon team, in case anyone is interested (this is for Pokemon Online, Gen 5 OU)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/437.gif

Bronzong w/ Leftovers (Levitate)

Sassy (+SpD -Spe)

EV's 252 HP, 84 Atk, 80 Def, 92 SpD

IV's 2 Spe

Stealth Rock

Earthquake

Gyro Ball

Hidden Power (Ice)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/130.gif

Gyarados w/ Leftovers (Intimidate)

Adamant (+Atk -SAtk)

EV's 156 HP, 72 Atk, 96 Def, 184 Spe

Dragon Dance

Waterfall

Bounce

Taunt

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/472.gif

Gliscor w/ Toxic Orb (Poison Heal)

Impish (+Def -SAtk)

EV's 252 HP, 184 Def, 72 Spe

Toxic

Earthquake

Ice Fang

Protect

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/479-w.gif

Rotom-W w/ Choice Scarf (Levitate)

Timid (-Atk +Spe)

EV's 252 SAtk, 4 SDef, 252 Spe

Volt Switch

Hydro Pump

Hidden Power (Ice)

Trick

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/534.gif

Conkledurr w/ Leftovers (Guts)

Brave (+Atk -Spe)

EV's 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def

Substitute

Focus Punch

Mach Punch

Payback

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/579.gif

Reuniclus w/ Life Orb (Magic Guard)

Bold (-Atk +Def)

EV's 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef

Calm Mind

Psyshock

Focus Blast

Recover

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's my retarded UU team, I need a replacement for Weezing. I care about this one way more, I plan on tweaking it around, as it's alot better in it's own tier than my severely retarded OU team above.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/386_d.gif

Deoxys-D w/ Leftovers (Pressure)

Calm (-Atk +SpDef)

EV's 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpDef

Magic Coat

Spikes

Toxic

Recover

I'm thinking about making this guy physically defensive and picking up a special wall to replace Weezing.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/110.gif

Weezing w/ Black Sludge (Levitate)

Bold (-Atk +Def)

EV's 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef

Flamethrower

Thunderbolt

Pain Split

Will-O-Wisp

I just realized I've been playing him without his nature, not that it would make a big deal, he still gets butt-raped by alot of stuff and doesn't really do what I need, at all.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/143.gif

Snorlax w/ Leftovers (Thick Fat)

Careful (-SpAtk +SpDef)

EV's 188 HP, 104 Def, 216 SpDef

Curse

Body Slam

Fire Punch

Rest

Good ol' Curselax, I like Body Slam for the 30% para > Return's extra 20 base damage.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/232.gif

Donphan w/ Leftovers (Sturdy)

Impish (+Def -SpAtk)

EV's 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def

Stealth Rock

Rapid Spin

Earthquake

Ice Shard

Very simple, but pretty good. I'm considering going less defensive if I had a better physical wall, Deoxys-D could provide me that, and then I'd just need a special wall to replace Weezing. Ice Shard is good, but it doesn't back much of a punch w/o investment. It's not like Donphan has that much bulk anyhow, he'll get mopped by any Scalds or Ice Beams.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/442.gif

Spiritomb w/ Choice Band (Pressure)

Adamant (+Atk -SpAtk)

EV's 248 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def, 4 SpDef

Shadow Sneak

Pursuit

Sucker Punch

Trick

I like this thing, although I'm considering going Infiltrator > Pressure as this doesn't have any recovery and isn't built do stay in a fight, so I can do extra damage if someone has screens up. I should also probably go Brave > Adamant, incase I have to eat any Gyroballs. But this thing is pretty good, Shadow Sneak can do some serious damage, killing ghosts with no problem. Psychics all hate this thing, and it's a decent trickster.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/533.gif

Gurdurr w/ Eviolite (Guts)

Careful (-SpAtk +SpDef)

EV's 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpDef

Bulk Up

Drain Punch

Mach Punch

Payback

This thing is pretty cool, it teams well w/ Spiritomb and Deoxys-D, if I can get setup it's very tough to deal with. I could also consider dumping this guy, although I do love Durr'ing people.

Edited by Enganacious