Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: FULL Roster Leaked

Niji Superfan

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/20/umvc3-all-...racters-leaked/

For those of you who don't feel like scrolling over the images to see the filenames (shoutouts to SRK for arbitrarily leaving the names out) here's the full list in order:

Dr. Strange

Ghost Rider

Hawkeye

Iron Fist (s-m-fucking-h)

Nova

Rocket Raccoon (what in the FUCK is that?)

Firebrand

Frank West

Nemesis

Phoenix Wright

Strider

Vergil

There, I just saved you the trouble of clicking on the link to see the pitiful ensemble Capcom put together. Seriously, where the fuck is the substance? Nemesis is kind of nice to see, even if Capcom's given reason for excluding him from MvC3 is that he was "too grotesque". Vergil is... Alright, but here's to another generic DMC character I still won't use. Phoenix Wright is lame; weeaboos, eat your fucking heart out. Firebrand from GnG/Demon's Crest is a nice addition for nostalgia, but then... I can't really see myself using him, especially with how stupid they made him look. I am declining comment on the raccoon.

Now, all that said, Capcom represented its fanbase. People wanted Nemesis, and so they added him. Strider fans were pretty pissed off when he was left out of the game (myself included), and so that was rectified. Dead Rising and Phoenix Wright are popular franchises, so while I may not agree with either inclusion, they're sensible. Vergil is a character that should've just beaten Trish for a spot in the base roster, but whatever, he's in. Now... Marvel, really? Dr. Strange I can kind of see, even if he bores me. Ghost Rider is alright, even if I was never a huge fan, and he definitely has a following. Now... Iron Fist. Iron. Fucking. Fist. Who gives a good goddamn about Iron Fist? Marvel's been pushing this character for years and years, and to this day, no one has been bothered to care. He's such a bland, generic character that he'll never attract a fanbase unless he stops being himself. Nova is... Wait, who the fuck even IS Nova? Sweet man, let's add this guy no one has even seen before.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Really, I can't help but feel that these twelve spots could've been put to better use. Capcom apparently hasn't improved their character choice in the past four months, and now we'll be treated to a full 50 characters worth of who-the-fuck-is-that. As much as I disliked Marvel 3, I was willing to give Ultimate Marvel an honest effort. I see now that it'd only be wasted on another game I'll lose all interest in after the first month. At this rate, I might rent it a few times just to see if I can put together a Strider team I like, but as it stands, I'll be sitting this one out too. Here's one more nail in the Capcom coffin, boys and girls.

P.S. Unless Capcom got seven characters to Marvel's five, Rocket Raccoon is a Marvel character. If so, I am even more fucking spellstruck at this roster. That said, I don't even care enough to google him and find out.

Edited by Altaire

Failure to troll aside, on to the topic at hand.

I think Nemesis is a weird choice to put in because building a move list around him seems like a nightmare. I mean, he's a stiff zombie with a few really big guns. Sure he has projectile options and a few hits that'd make sense, but I just don't know how that build will play out. I just see him ending up bad.

I agree on the Iron Fist & Nova thing. No one cares about either on them, space wasted.

Vergil I'll chalk up as a good choice. I mean, great move potential, rival is in-game, I like his being here. You may be right about him having deserved Trish's spot, but I never really saw a problem with Trish being in so whatever.

Yes the Racoon is Marvel, atm that is all I know about him for sure. But its a cartoonish racoon with a gun, I am optimistic to say the least.

Firebrand really wasn't appealing to me. His moves look great but he looks bland the way they designed him.

Frank West felt uneeded. Phoenix is a nice change of pace, and everyone else is fine. Strider is still bland :/ (but he'll still probably be an amazing character regardless). I just could never get over the fact that you could open nearly any manga comic in the action genre and find his twin brother somewhere. Sort of what's bugging me with Firebrand looking so generic in this one.

Um, didn't they release this game already? Why are they charging 40 bucks for what is essentially DLC?

This is two things

Classic Capcom milking.

at the same time, the user interface was changed, 12 characters, certain characters have new moves, and the obvious changes to balance (removalof DHC Glitch, She-Hulk's downward aerial exchange whiffing to relaunch is gone among other changes)

I would have prefered Gene from God Hand instead of Iron Fist to complete the Clover trifecta. as well as Megaman X. Ditto with Psylocke. I don't know about Rocket Raccoon. Especially since I feel MOdok is enough a gimmick/oddball character.

Vergil will prolly be interesting but here's hoping he's not a Dante clone.

I expect Nemesis to have the most health in the game and have plenty of armor to boot.

Strider has TWO Level 3s (Uroboros and Ragnarok) and looks to actually require some dexterity.

Hawkeye looks fun, as does Ghost Rider.

Firebrand looks slightly oddball but I like oddball.

we'll see what happens.

ComicCon Stream notes:

Magneto's air to ground dash is slower. so is DEESRUPTOR. he has a new move to push or pull you. No more Hyper Grab loops(?)

Haggar's air normals seem to have improved hitboxes as he was seen crossing up Ghost Rider several times. (sweet)

Wolvie's dive kick was made more unsafe, Berserker slash is slower and maybe less invincible, he supposedly has a new move.

DHC Glitch is gone. DHC glitch is doing a super and DHCing into a super that whiffs, opponent goes into spinny animation, DHC guy that comes in gets to recombo with damage scaling getting reset. Example: Haggar combos your ass for 50% health, ends in Hoodlum Launcher L, immediately cancels to Rapid fire fist, and immediately DHC's to Taskmaster's Counter super, which whiffs and opponent goes spinny, Tasky proceedes to recombo the shit out of you and you get to die.

She-Hulk can't whiff aerial exchange to get a relaunch anymore

Phoenix can now only perform ONE move while in the air. no more staying in the air spamming "cheese balls" Winning with phoenix now requires

actual thought. oh noes.

Taskmaster stole Dante's Stinger.

Wesker looks like he can still touch of death you with X-Factor 3 so I'm assuming X Factor was not affected at all.

new interface at top and bottom of screen.

Characters look different with X Factor active.

Aerial Exchanges apparently cost meter now

MODOK's alternate costume? ELVIS

Storm gets her Punk alt

Strider gets old school colors and maskless

Akuma gets Mecha Akuma

Edited by Densuo

(what in the FUCK is that?)

Dr. Strange, man. He's literally Zatanna in terms of where he fits in the comics. He's one of the best supporting characters in the MU and yet his own comics are fucking terrible. Ghost Rider is whatever. I was never a fan either. He looks rad, though, so he's prolly great for a video game. Iron Fist is pretty dope too, actually. He's in New Avengers and Heroes for Hire. He prolly fits right into a fighting game, too.

Hawkeye is fucking trash, fuck that guy. His wife is the only good part to his character.

Firebrand and Phoenix Wright are awesome! Gargoyle's Quest games were REALLY good. Same with Ace Attorney games. Strider is the fucking man, as well.

idk who Frank West is. Nemesis is pretty gay though so whatever. Fuck them both. I also never liked Virgil either, so he can eat a dick next to FW and Nemesis.

Actually Nova has gained steam in the more recent years since he's like the most well known of the Marvel cosmic heroes (lol?). Thanos Imperative was pretty good (cuz anything with Thanos is gonna be good). You're right to say he was fucking lame for a long time, cuz he was. But the revisions to his costume somehow made people write him better. Go figure. Rocket Raccoon shows up in his stories a lot. He's superdope in the comics. A total bad ass.

I like a lot of the characters they're adding. The characters, that is. I have no idea how that'll translate to in-game...not that it matters since I don't plan on buying it. I can't go to comic-con this year so I will have to make due on geeking out with this post.

:(

EDIT: I retract my dick-eating statement on Frank West. I looked up who he was and now that my memory is refreshed, I support him. Anyone cracking fools with a bat is okay with me.

SUPER EDIT MK.2: Elvis MODOK looks incredible.

Edited by Penguin Deus

What, like if he dies with five bars he yells objection and the current point character of the opponent is auto-KO'd (or halved if they are the only one remaining)?

dies

level 5

HOLD IT!!!

starts the come back TAKE THAT

im imagining it right now

DARK PHOENIX RISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(spams traps)

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by atdsutm

If it counts as a projectile (the word across screen) that can kill other projectiles DISRUPTOR FROM MVC3 VANILLA STYLE, I would consider buying it just for that.

And fuck their hate mail:

"YOUR A SCRUBBY LITTLE BI-"

"OBJECTION!~"

Harassing the defendant.

People who like Capcom have no taste and like getting screwed with every release. And the only people who care about Marvel are twelve year olds and grown men who act like twelve year olds.

And Capcom can't make fighting games. At all.

It's like a perfect storm to create the ultimate in horrible gaming experience.

Also, Rocket Raccoon. Even Wikipedia barely gives a shit.

Edited by Lenin

yeah capcom sucks (no sarcasm), but yeah they have to spam mvc3 titles and DLCs since they are only getting revenues from consoles compare to other fighting games (tekken,Blazblue CS2,KoF13, AH3)

thats also one of the reasons im not buying a capcom fighting game currently

i ended up playing tekken,Blazblue CS2,KoF13, AH3

but yeah this game "might" be good enough only for me to rent it from others. (like SSF4)

if only they put characters that i know are common on the marvel side (Gambit, Azazel, War machine, Psylocke) and most of the locals here doesnt even know phoenix wright or most of the new marvel characters.