Steins;Gate

Assailant

So, there's finally a decent anime about time travelling, and it's quite deep and emotional.

Steins;Gate is based on a game of the same name developed by fairly unknown 5pb. and Nitroplus studios. The game was praised for it's detailed events and scenarios and multitude of plot twists, and it's easy to see why. Even without playing the game, many potential plot twists and eventually crucial but "not so important now" details and decisions can be seen from the anime.

Anyhow, the plot of the anime tells a story of socially awkward, slightly skitsofrenic mad scientist(?) Okabe Rintarou aka Hououin Kyouma, who happens to accidentially create a time machine able to send messages to past, teleport objects and turn them into jello-like goo and to not make things too easy for him, he seems to be the only person able to retain his memories once the past has been changed. The plot revolves around theoretical ideas such as time travel paradoxes, world lines and chaos theory at the same time focusing on personal problems of the main characters, balancing the story nicely between slice of life comedy, emotional moments, theoretical time travelling and suspense. It's hard to explain the plot without spoiling too much...

Another point that deserves mentioning, in my opinion, is how well the anime/game has been tried fuse with the real world. Things such as CERN, IBM 5100, John Titor and kerr black holes are vital parts of the story all the while things such as 4chan/2chan and various internet memes appear on the background. Some of the jokes are lost in translation of course, but good translators have found ways to convert most of the stuff for westerners.

So, discuss.

• 2 weeks later...

animeseason.com was easy to find/watch. i usually use that one, if not animefreak.tv

STEINS;GATE WAS SICKKK

For the first two episodes I was like "Uh... what the fuck?" but then it hooked me harder than Death Note.

Death Note has a good hook imho.

El. Psy. Congroo.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

What day is it?

edit: fuck megavideo

Edited by KORTOKtheSTRONG