Internals:

Inblue/Aaliyah

Boosters:

Judith/Aaliyah/Holofernes/Judith

067anlr/Er-O705/Kamal/049ansc/Guyandoett04

Stabilized (0,0)

Tunes: Phooey, I don't really remember. I'll take a guess

Some odd amount in load to fit the Aaliyah generator

50 in EN out, En Cap, Maneuverability, En weapon skill, vertical thrust, Back QB, Side QB, Turning

Leftovers in KP out

Analysis:

I wanted a new fat AC. Granted this one isn't really that fat but it does have something like 44K AP. I picked Hilbert arms for Weapon's handling and En skill. The rest of the frame was to make the weapons I wanted fit on the NSS legs. Boosters and generators are standard. I'll get to the FCS. The whole goal of the AC was to always be hitting my opponent with an EN weapon as few people pack en defense.

Weapons:

The laser rifle is OK. It seems the most reliable out of the lasers I've used. Pairs with the SC for Mid range. The Laser zook pairs with the Kamal to tear up things in CQC. The only real issue with the weapons set is that I lack any real long range game, a single SC is pretty easy to out damage.

FCS:

Ok I know this is wrong. I put it there really because of my cannons. I'm more comfortable with higher lock speed when using cannons and it can help with tracking CQC bots. Since I have the 063 head the lock range is right around 900m which is ok and the difference in performance between Inblue and say ekhazar is noticeable.

So there is my new Fatty. Thoughts?

Well, this is pretty similar to one of my heavy-mid AC weapon set-ups where it's got the pairings laser/sniper and bazooka/slug. Laser/sniper works pretty well because it's got some high damage output for poking weapons, and bazooka/slug presents some nasty stun. The way you have it, however, it seems more like you want raw DPS which I guess works fine, especially versus lighter bots.

To address what you said about playing against sniper ACs, ACs like this, actually have things covered for the most part. Anything that outranges it but has less AP you can lame it out and force them to close in; anything with equal or more AP you can try to close in and wreck with CQ combo.

As for the FCS, I run Ehkazar and I manage fine versus CQC bots. Then again, though, it sounds like you're trying to use laser/sniper in or around CQC range, which isn't something I do. If the lock range really is 900, I guess you should be okay against most things. The only thing you'd have to really worry about is if you faced a similar AC type where you'd probably lose the attrition war.

Also consider Lahire sides. If you can SSQB with those things, you can kite everything.

or try these :

- TELLUS arms.

- LAHIRE FCS.

- GAN02-NSS-B.CG. (I know this is stupid but after I'd tried for this one, I think this is better than I thought before)

- MAXWELL gen. (without EN cap tuning....but it would be make you tuned your load instead)

- if you still using HILBERT arms (or any arms with over 5600 for maneuver), EKHAZAR FCS is ok.

- change laser zook to SAMPAGUITA and change KAMAL to SIRIUS.

Why Maxwell over Aaliyah? The cap that the Maxwell has over the Aaliyah is excessive considering he has Judith main, Even when you take into account that he has two EN weapons, he honestly should be able to get by with the Judith gen's cap if he doesn't constantly stay in the air (which isn't even a necessity on an AC like this). And what do you get for trading both KPO and ENO for some EN cap? A hefty weight gain, potentially forcing load tunes on this AC. "FA has more than enough tuning points to spare" isn't a good response to that either because the tuning points he had to put into load would certainly have more utility elsewhere.

if his bot had lower than 15k for total EN drain, JUDITH gen is fine.

also......

MAXWELL is just another choice, not an option for "must do" or "have to do".

or try GAN01-SS-G. (acceptable ENO, monster cap, poor KPO, and much weight..... at lease, this GA gen is lighter than ARGYROS/G)

Edited by Taurus

• 3 weeks later...