KRSW vs LR230

Exorcet

I noticed LR230 since before the game came out, and I've had a hard time justifying KRSW over it. LR230 is very light and has low equip drain. The charge drain is higher than KRSW, but only by a slight amount. KRSW does edge it out ammo wise by 33%, but when charging up shots, both have plenty of firepower. What bugs me the most though is that LR230 has higher attack power, shot velocity, and fire rate all at the same time. The power makes it slightly more resistant to TE def (especially with the def/damage curve having steps in it), the velocity makes it harder to avoid (though LR230 has 98 accuracy to KRSW's 99), and the reload means it's much better in situations where you need to put out damage fast (about 3 shots = 1 fully charged shot). If LR230 does have a downside, it's the long lock on time, but KRSW is only mid range in this respect, and charging up still takes much longer than getting a lock anyway.

The only advantage I can see to KRSW is in a situation where you're dealing with a super TE def AC and the extra total attack power is really needed. Otherwise, LR230 will hit harder, more often, and do way more damage to someone with low TE def all while being less of a burden on your AC.

Am I missing something? It seems to me that KRSW should get an attack power bump to be ahead of LR230, or they should switch shot velocities.

You're not missing anything, I think. LR230 is the Aulnee, yah? I know I recall two of the standard laser rifles just being more usable than the minisawa, but most people use the minisawa cuz it's a sawa and they're bad at using fullsize sawa.