Team Green Flamingo [PS3] (NA)

Green Flamingo

Decided to make a thread for Green Flamingo so I can get announcements out to members, this will also serve as a convenient place for members to notify me if they're going to be absent for a few days so that they don't get removed.

Clan info:

All you need to know is this is our glorious leader.

Current Targets: Mining Sector, Executive Sector (may change come season 2)

Time zone: Most of our members are east coast and central, not restricted to those two, but factor that in your decision to apply.

Current Roster (pilot names):

(00) - SnoH (Leader)

• (01) - InsaneFox (co-leader)
  • (09) - Kain Highwind
  • (42) - Chael
  • (89) - tmrw_nt_tdy
  • (02) - DarkTechnomancer
  • (03) - Zomodok
  • (04) - The One
  • (05) - Ace
  • (07) - ConmAn
  • (13) - Zekht/13
  • (55) - True Ace
  • (66) - Verminasia
  • (99) - Bloodhound
  • <Open>
  • <Open>
  • <Open>
  • <Open>
  • <Open>
  • <Open>

Requirements:

• mic not required but highly desired
  • ability to listen to orders from operator in battle
  • ability to have fun while still performing to the best of your ability
  • must be okay with profanity as it does get used occasionally
  • willingness to participate in team activities such as conquests focused on current target areas, defense, and point farming
  • please be active... I hate booting people but in order to maintain competitiveness we need an active roster. If notified ahead of time of an absence I will make exceptions and not boot you.
  • New PSNs will not be accepted.

How to Apply:

SEND ME A PSN MESSAGE (SnoH01) with the following information:

Pilot name:

Mic (if no mic must have recommendation from current member):

Play Type (same as in game):

Are you active:

Tell me a funny joke:

Why you want to join Green Flamingo:

Edited by Green Flamingo

Pilot name: Arcadiace

Mic: YES!

Play type: Professional

Why do you want to join Green Flamingo?

Been a fan of Armored Core games since initial release. Just looking for a very active team. In return, obviously, I am active myself.

Edited by Arcadiace

Pilot Name: Big Boss

Mic: Yessir (getting it figured out-- it's a bluetooth 360 headset so hopefully it's cross compatible)

Play Type: I play to win bro

Why?: Been playing since the first AC-- this series got me into mechs in general, so I have an innate love for it. Now I just wanna dominate territories in a team environment (I love arena type pvp matches, and always wanted it for AC. Now I have the time and resources to get it done ^_^)

I've applied on PSN.

Pilot name: X

Mic: Yes

Play type: Weekend (1-2 hours on weekday, 5~10 hours on weekend)

Why do you want to join Green Flamingo?: I'm tired of joining team only to find out that nobody really sign-in and I'm left alone not being able to communicate with anybody. Your group seems to be composed of active members, and I look forward to exchange fun communication as well as tactics/strategies.

A bit about myself: I'm a Japanese guy who grew up there playing ACs there until I moved over to WA, and AC V happens to be the first AC I decided to play in English as opposed to importing one from Japan.

You'd think so but I see Japanese AC V players complaining how the server (in Japan) is slow and not functioning well enough to enjoy the game play. I figured it won't help if I connect to Japanese server from U.S. so I decided to buy one here and enjoy playing on U.S. server. I can still read and join Japanese online community so I'm not losing too much on that side.

Updated main post, recruitment changed to invite only.

Now for the real reason I'm posting. A member of my team recently sent an inquiry to Bamco with a few basic questions. Below is what he wrote.

There is a sea of updates with huge involvement from the developer and publisher for the JP release of Armored Core V by giving out patches and listing the top teams, mercenaries, and other leader board statistics. Are you going to forward the same style of updates and community involvement with knowledge of Season endings, incentives to do well as a Merc/Team, and keeping the game patched up-to-date or are we floating in a sea without a paddle?

I'd like for ACV to succeed and do well in the NA server and while ACV is primarily a multiplayer game, I feel that the success of it depends on how well the communication between publisher/developer and the player-base is. I know that some teams stopped defending territories because of the message saying that a server reset was going to happen yesterday, and when it never happened people were confused.

Are we on our own here? :(

WITH LOVE AND KISSES

~Concerned fan

And here's the response that was given today:

Thank you for contacting NAMCO BANDAI's Customer Support Department.

Currently there are no plans for this level of depth to be provided through the official North American website of Armored Core V. However, updates and announcements will be posted by our community team through our Facebook page. We will make note of your questions/concerns and pass them along to our community team for clarification. We are still in the process of acquiring more detailed information from the developers regarding the schedule of the season change for this title.

Please feel free to contact us again in the future as the need arises.

Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Customer Support

E-Mail: support@namcobandaigames.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NamcoBandai

To me this is a little disheartening since the only way this game is going to succeed here in the states is if Bamco actually supports it with updates and keeping in contact with their playerbase. Just thought I'd share this with everyone.

Green Flamingo App...

Name: Coolest Member on the team

Mic: On occasion

Play Type: I like it when you use me

Why I want to join Green Flamingo? : I mean serious business and have a large cock.

Funny Joke: You trying to beat me...

Active: Not when you are

Edited by OceanRiot17

Heh, trying to fight a four man team (plus op) of your guys while alone sucks. It's crap that the only working conquest area (for me) is Abandoned Facility since you all have such a large presence there, but them's the breaks. Good to see at least one team is active. Edited by Tasekai

• 3 weeks later...