The Secret World

supplice.

anyone heard about it yet? same makers of anarchy online and age of conan.

creative director is the guy that made dreamfall and the longest journey (those really trippy games where you would really enjoy it on drugs).

ive been following the game closely for the last 5 years and the changes it went through have been crazy.

playing beta for the past year this has probably been the only mmo ive thoroughly enjoyed and really sets itself apart from all mmo's out there.

the game has a clunky feel, stiff animations, but besides all that its one of the best games ive played.

also i should add that this game looks fucking gorgeous, the tiny details, environment, monster design is just awesome.

this game actually makes you think unlike other games with quests like "go here, kill this, bring me this, go save my kid, talk to this guy"

one of the missions sets you off in a hunt like national treasure where you have to go on a investigation adventure.

for instance for a illuminati quest you follow manhole covers with pyramids that lead you to a plaque that says:

In the Seat of Power, the Navigator

immortalized

Illuminating the path

To the sleeping priest and fletcher

In the memory of the Frans Hals, who perished

in the light (1580-1666)

luckily the game has a in game browser to do some research on Frans Hals if you need too or some other type of information.

then you find yourself in the seat of power which is town hall, which you will find a painting of Frans Hals that contains the words "Hands of time point to truth. Written by Kings in the word of God.”

from that you find a clock in the same room that is stuck at 10:10, correlate that with "words of god" which would probably be found in the bible. You can use your ingame browser to pull out the bible and look up Kings, Chapter 10 Verse 10.

So from that it explains about an offering of 120 random shit to King Solomon, now there is a house called Solomon Priest on the street fletcher on your map, sleeping leads you to the cellar (that clue took me a while, kinda shitty clue imo) there will be a keypad where you "offer" 120 (input 120) and viola, you just did one of thousands of hard ass puzzle quest.

the game is a puzzle mystery mmo so dont expect the game to hold your hand along the way, i see noobs in chat whining about how theyve been on the first clue for 4 hours.

first release CG trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsLXQEeLiI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JdXqO2ryOs&feature=relmfu

If anyone is interested, PCGamer is giving away free beta keys for the new beta phase:

http://www.pcgamer.c...d-key-giveaway/

Edited by supplice.