Quantum Conundrum

Magnus

I've seen trailers, I've seen gameplay, Valve even did a TF2 promotion for it. All of it added up to some high expectations, because there could be a lot done with dimensional shifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg97ZEkqhzE

What I ended up with was a series of puzzle rooms that ultimately took little to no thought whatsoever, and executions that are rudimentary at best. All the final puzzles boil down to item surfing with gravity swapping and the game is more than eager to give you hints if you take even five seconds to fuck around with dimensions.

And on top of that, through the game you find blueprints to add extra dimensions to what looked like one final giant puzzle. It turned out to just be a playroom as well.

And the final puzzle was... dodge the lasers. No, I'm serious. That's how much the big ending required you to do on your feet. And then more gravity surfing. The ones leading up to it were even easier than almost all of the game.

Needless to say, it was a disappointment and I don't recommend getting this game unless you need to waste some time and money for tax reasons.