XCOM Enemy Unknown

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

Yeah, I am looking forward to this. I never beat the original though. It was fucking hard. But I played it when I was seven years old. Between this, Dishonored, Tokyo Jungle, CS:GO, and Artorias DLC, I don't know which will be my time sink. Preferably, none.

Word, what Elton said. If this game is anything like the original, you might like it Art. I recall you like those kinds of strategy games as much as I do.

What's CS: GO?

Yeah I'm eagerly anticipating this game and Ni no Kuni (http://www.ign.com/games/ni-no-kuni/ps3-14284017).

I'm trying like hell not to think about Artorias DLC.

XCOM the shooter is coming out next year. XCOM Enemy Unknown the remake of the original. Two different games. Same universe.

Ah, I didn't hear of them doing a SRPG of the game. I will have to look into it.

Word, what Elton said. If this game is anything like the original, you might like it Art. I recall you like those kinds of strategy games as much as I do.

Yeah, we'll see. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to these strategy games. I like them having a grid that units move on and such, like so:

http://www.dignews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tactics-ogre-cling-01.jpg

I haven't really given the others a chance yet though.

I didn't like Tactics Ogre much, and felt it was the weakest Ogre Battle game I've played. X-Com and FFT are probably the two best grid-based strategy games I've played. Admittedly, I played Tactics Ogre when it came out on PSX eons ago, so for all I know the remake on psp was fantastic.

The OG xcom is on steam for like 5 bucks though, if you're interested in trying it.

Really? Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling together on the PSP is pretty much FFT on crack. Have 100 hours in so far, and I am still not done with all the side-quests.

Have you tried emulating Front Mission 5? It's also really good. Just have to patch the ISO with the English patch from http://frontmission.info

Front Mission 2 is in the process of being translated by the same guys too.

As for OG XCOM, I'm not sure I'd be able to handle the sudden shift backwards with the interface.

I'd play it if I had a psp but I don't. It's all good cuz like I said I really didn't like Tactics Ogre much back in the day. I did everything in that game, including all of Hell's Gate, but I don't remember it taking 100 hours. I beat it like 3 times but only one time did I do the Hell's Gate.

I just had too many gripes with the plot progression and combat mechanics. Ogre Battle is one of my favorite games ever, so when Tactics Ogre came out I was extra disappointed in the game after I finished it. That might be coloring why I have such a healthy hatred of the game even now.

I dunno man, it's not that bad, but I get your point. It didn't bother me to play it on Steam, for what it's worth. I don't ever play games on my laptop though aside from x-com, wizardry 8, and SNES/NES/Gameboy emulator stuff, so that might be why hahaha.

Also turning Lans into a muppet was bullshit, and something I still haven't forgiven. It's not like it even motivated me to beat the bad guys worse, either. Zombie Jesus being a fag was enough to piss me off. The vege-lans thing was just irritating and foul.

Okay yeah, I looked it up, last time I played Tactics Ogre was 1997-1998.

For all I know I'd love it, now. Not that I plan on finding out.

I'm super-old.

This post is a jumbled mess too, but whatever

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, NIGGA

Edited by Penguin Deus

Was Hell's Gate 100 floors like it is in the PSP version? Because it's 100 floors in the PSP version, as well as a 4 chapter long epilogue.

My only issue with the combat mechanics is that a melee that doesn't have ranged abilities usually just sits around for 75% of the battle. Knights, Dragoons etc.

And Lans? I have no idea who that is, names were changed around a little in the PSP version. Do you mean the Holy Knight Lanselot? You can get him in your party in the epilogue portion.

And you could probably find an old PSP for like $40 somewhere.

For all I know I'd love it, now. Not that I plan on finding out.

Yeah Hell's Gate was 100 floors.

Epilogue wasn't there in the PSX version.

Yeah Lanselot is probably Lans.

And was a major issue for me, also that developing your guys wasn't that intuitive and you could really screw up units bad in that game easily. I'd say more but I gotta bounce for now, done at work!

idk how much more but you prolly get me

that's a cool blog, I need to pour through it some. I did a little last night but I didn't have much time. Good lookin out, Art.

Rainbow Moon is one of those downloadable games? Is that right? I might get that then. It looks kinda neat altho I'm a little leary on the character design. I'm keeping my eye on it though.

• 1 year later...