The future of Armored core, what id like to see.

zodicus

I like the direction they took with armored core 5, with the limiting of boosters. The need to jump to gain altitude is cool as is jumping off buildings sideways. It also feels a little slower witch i like, Id like to see it slowed even more and limit the use of the boosters even more. Theres pretty much no reason to "run", I wouldn't mind if the boosters where only used during a jump and dash, with no hovering.

I also would love to see them implement a "rag doll" phyisics system and remove the stagger/stun mechanic we have now. Ex you're running and get hit by a shot with enuf impact to "stagger" you, but insted the mech twist, stumbals, then falls. The sabbility computations and ratings of the parts on the AC would determine how quickly you recover from this fall and how savere the stumbal is. Same with dashing, if you strike a wall hard enuf the same scenario would play out. This more so than the speed i would love to see. I think though if that was to be implamented they would have to slow down the rate of fire so "stagger lock" wouldn't become a issue.

What do you all think? This is my first post here, but ive been a AC fan for a looooong time. Ive had every AC game released for the home consoles.

mech warrior was to slow, and i like the look and feel of the AC's in armored core better. They have that anime flair to them but somehow still realistic. I know its a huge robot but theres armor plates and joints and hands they look doable, some day :P mabye not the suv sized uzi but yah know.

I agree completely, if the "rag doll" thing turns in to the same fall animation every time, that's not what i'm looking for. Id want to see the area of impact ac weight, speed, and mass/velocity of the round all effect how the AC reacts to the hit if it exsceeds the "stagger" thresh hold. IF they cant do it that way, then they shouldn't do it.

The movement speed and boost thing im a little fuzzy on what exsactly id like to see, but right now theres really no reason to ever run, so why care about the legs movement speed? If its to slow just get bigger boosters? the sliding around thing is sooo much faster than even the fast legs. So mabye not slow all the movment spped but make a bigger gap between the slowest and fastest legs?

Also I dont know about you guys but, I like the throw myself at a mission a 100 times untill i find the right mix of parts for my play style thing. I know the game reviewers typically bash AC for this but i like it. For me its motovation to grind out some money and try different parts and tatics. I spend hrs in the shop just reconfig'ing the AC then going to test it, and then try again. I'll get a few combos i like then go try them out in a few missions.

Edited by zodicus

Screw that invisible air barrier, give me back LR's controls (The smooth boosting anywhere you want without that damned BURST BOOST BULLSHIT). A mecha game should make the environment a playground of destruction. I should never have to say "Oops looks like I caught my leg on a TINY CHAIN LINK FENCE!

I'll admit, there was a lot that I enjoyed which was added into the gameplay by V but I want all the good stuff about this game slapped onto the play ability of LR.

So give me Wall Jumps, Burst Boost as an option, anything can be equipped to either hand, choice of adding more arm weapons or heavier shoulder mounted weapons, bring back and improve upon part destruction, something that seriously should have been added ages ago before it was finally introduced in LR, weapon destruction, because, weapons do deteriorate.

Hell Dark Core, Armored Souls, whatever, with an active online community that can jump in and jump out of eachothers games without some freaky extra bull (acceptable for Dark Souls but not for futuristic Mecha game). Toshifumi Nabeshima is rolling in donuts, he seems to be the main difference between the development of Dark Souls and Armored Core. I say we let him drink is his milk now and then we feed him to the cows.

I'm going for a run.

Id also like to see more of everything, more parts like bring back the sabilizers, have radiators, mabye add a systems controll coumputer in addition to the FCS have it help control sability cooling performance and energy management, add more boosters to the outside of the mech that sabilize it in the air and when changing directions on the ground. So if you did fall there would be little boosters firing off every where. I dont like the asymetrical look they went with in 5, id also like to see brands make a comeback. Like i like the look of the TE parts but mabye i want a light weight KE def AC? so have brands that have a look, but also have parts of different types aka te,ke, or ce def and light med and heavy. so you can make the AC to the spec you need but also with the look that you want. Seriously the games on a blue ray disc theres no reason there shouldnt be like a bazzillion parts. And if you ask me its not a big deal if some of the parts are statically the same, only look different. Because really no matter how hard they try there will always be a few combs that work better and most people will use. At least if there are a few combos that are the same it will at least look different. Edited by zodicus

No rads

No stabs

Having Automatic Fail Safes should be fine as the difference between driving automatic vs manual.

Break Boosters pretty much already exist, it's just up to you to activate them which should be improved but I don't want to be the one who needs to rely on automatic.

I was expecting V to have more choices in the superficial look of the armor. All that early concept work had me thinking you could upgrade a weapon and it would actually look different because of the upgrade. But no, they raved about having so many unique parts when it all came down to X beginner parts having plates of armor switched around or accessories like scopes, barrels, etc made larger or longer yada yada.

There should always be visible variation in the stats, I don't think there is any excuse for hiding stats in a game in which even a single digit number could be the difference between life and death during gameplay. The text describing the weapon should be accurate unless it's that special proto-type that has never been used till the day you decide to strap it on and fire away.

Every weapon should have killing ability and no amount of armor or speed should prove as a near 100% guarantee that you wont be killed by a certain weapon. Pistols need to be good again.

OK what about this, barrow the control point and respawn set up from battle field. No team points just once you control all points on the map its over. The twist being that every time you respawn you have to pay the repair/ammo cost on the AC. This way people wont just throw them selfs at a control point and not care if they die. Obviously they would have to make the missions pay good enuf to make it worth it. Keep the team set up like it is where you can send money and parts to team members, that way its not so hard for newer members and players to go out there. There team could help them with exspenses if they wanted to.

Respawn should only be allowable if you have spare ACs in the hanger, or even if a teammate loans you one of their spares for a rental fee or freebie if that person sets themselves as the guy to go to for spares. This should all be optional, a player should still have the choice of taking a necessary risk for the team or backing off if the battle seems to be too onesided. Also, real spectator mode.

Betrayals should be an option and the only penalty should be a mark of shame from the team you betrayed. EI: Dark Souls Book of Guilty. Of course there should also be the option in which the team decides to bail out as a whole because the battle is obviously lost and the last team on the battle field will automatically take that territory.

There needs to be more reward for being a mercenary and you should be able to set your own price with a limit depending on your record, the risk of going to cheap would be the result we have in AC V. There also should be an option for Comm on all Channels, so you can trash talk the other team or seriously delegate a surrender or a truce.

One more thing, if something is there it should be lootable, It's a little annoying when an enemy dies and has a weapon you want but you can't just rip that weapon off it's corpse. I mean, your going to get that weapon eventually anyway. Unless of course the opponent booby traps all of their parts to blow up into useless scraps of metal. Leaving you only with the empty shell that you can use as a trophy or as another trap. (Carcass of an AC would make a nice IED).

Edited by Ogawa Lou

There needs to be more reward for being a mercenary and you should be able to set your own price with a limit depending on your record, the risk of going to cheap would be the result we have in AC V. There also should be an option for Comm on all Channels, so you can trash talk the other team or seriously delegate a surrender or a truce.

Personally Ogawa, I liked all your ideas, but this one is the best. I'm surprised they didn't implement it already.

Because Toshifumi is a Claustrophiliac a word that didn't exist when i first spoke it even though it made sense that it should have already existed. DAMN YOU WIND THAT CARRIES THOUGHT.

Anyway From Software has a fetish for restrictions and I'm really thinking that Toshifumi is the one who specifically has that fetish. (Let us give them lots of options that have no value in PVP so that the ones who share my fetish will stay and we can choose them to join our real mecha army in which they will be spending days, weeks, maybe even a year locked up in an extremely tight space while piloting our oversized mecha.)

With the size of the mechs now I think it would be cool to have a visable cockpit in the core. With the way the core sticks out in the center on most of them it lends it self to a fighter jet type looking cockpit, as in the pilot is in a seated position not standing up.

Now that I've played more there needs to be more AC parts aka head arms core and legs, and again I'm not agenst them recycling stats from parts we already have. In fact if the balance is good( and i dont know ive had few pvp matches) I think it would be better if they used stats from stuff we already have. That way if you like the look of the new part you can use it and not be the "super noob that uses the new overpowered stuff" or if you like the old part you can use it with out a disadvantage. I would say make 3 copys of each AC part we have now each with a different look and release that as a DLC, id by it.

I found out Chadzuka is a real place and not a weapon. I want a weapon called the Chadzuka, that plays Malawi chants every time it fires.

Notoriety system should apply to people who are known for being good mechanics (AC Design experts)

And for people who are good artist (Emblem Makers)

They should make a profit on their work in game and the higher Notoriety rating will increase from the base level

Edited by Ogawa Lou

• 3 months later...

I personally like the idea of bringing flying back. i mean the leader AC basically flue in the cut seen after you beat him.

destructible parts all the way!! just have like a factor of decay like 75% ap lower recoil recovery and slower movement

50% ap more of both and less chance to deflect bullets and lower accuracy. 25% your arms almost useless with super low stats and

movement speed. 0%ap BOOM!! no more arm. same for all parts except core that goes boom well we all know what that means. ooo i almost forgot legs if thous go you have to use boost to drag your self around. and a greater kickback when you shot a gun. one more thing would be boosters i can imagine blowing off an enemy's arms and boosters just to watch him run around the battlefield completely helpless. AAANNND!!! when your head goes your screen go black and you have to fight blind or launch a recon unit to see for you. benefit of having the type that hovers over you.

trash talking the enemy now that's just great do that! be the troll of the battlefield.

i do like the fall system zodicus implied i would looovve to shoot an enemy AC with a sniper cannon and watch as it did a back flip

one more thing i would like is even bigger maps for multiplayer snipers aren't that effective with the map sizes we have now and the implement of kill-cams and better laser blade combat effectiveness. you cant go in to battle with duel laser blades and expect to come out alive, maybe a laser blade lock on with a short quick boost to the target

crap i keep forgetting stuff. an AC I,E,D :blink: ya you thought you where going to get an awsome part then BOOM!!! :D your scraped! over troll

Edited by Tidus Klien

• 2 weeks later...

Parts crafting. Rather than pumping the stores with more and more parts, I'd like to see a parts crafting and tuning system implemented (the tuning systems to date have been pretty useless). Game developers have been doing this type of thing since the late 80s!

Of course there would be off-the-shelf parts on offer, but I would love to be able to buy micro-components or scavange parts to personalise my generator and tweak things so they are specific to my AC build. I would like to see a game that can accommodate for the player who likes to make a mass amount of builds, but also promotes the idea that a player can put hours into tweaking and developing their one AC on a detailed level.

Edited by Sandra Bullock

Parts crafting. Rather than pumping the stores with more and more parts, I'd like to see a parts crafting and tuning system implemented (the tuning systems to date have been pretty useless). Game developers have been doing this type of thing since the late 80s!

Of course there would be off-the-shelf parts on offer, but I would love to be able to buy micro-components or scavange parts to personalise my generator and tweak things so they are specific to my AC build. I would like to see a game that can accommodate for the player who likes to make a mass amount of builds, but also promotes the idea that a player can put hours into tweaking and developing their one AC on a detailed level.

That is exactly the level of customization I'd want to see as well. In that case the next AC should be released for the PC, it would be way more popular than such a game being released on consoles. Heck maybe even f2p. I think some unknown dev team is going to jump on this sort of opportunity before FROM does.

>niche Japanese game

>released on PC

Sorry to break it to you, but the vast majority of Japan doesn't believe in the PC Master Race.

That's why some other developer is going to jump on the concept and make it before From does and then that game will completely outclass the AC franchise. Plus Dark Souls coming out for PC is a sign that if From does manage to get there act together for the AC series they may actually release it for the PC as well.

If not then like I said, FROM loses out and gets absorbed by Bandai Namco and is never heard from again.

Given that Namdai doesn't own From Software, I find that unlikely. The second From stops making games Namdai cares about, they'll just stop publishing for them. Which wouldn't be a problem in Japan, since From self-publishes the games they release there, but it'd hurt the chances of us getting anything new, especially after the way they haven't been able to find a steady publisher for AC since Agetec stopped localizing the games.