Iron Blade

Fragrant

Iron blade is the improved version of GreatBlade, it's basically the same frame except with a switch to Sobrero GEN, and VIRTUE boosters, which increased it's forward QB power by over double what it use to be while decreasing energy drain, giving it mobility that far surpasses that of the prototype.

Head: AALIYAH

Core: SOLUH

Arms: LAHIRE

Legs: SOBRERO

FCS: INBLUE

GEN: SOBRERO

MAIN Booster: VIRTUE!!!

BACK Booster: LAHIRE[iT REGAINS ENERGY IN MID AIR IF YOU BOOST WITH IT!]

SIDE Booster: LATONA

OB: LAHIRE

RA: EB-0305

RL: KAPTEYN

BR: ACB-0710

BL: ^

LH: EB-0600

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/FragrantX/Ironblade.jpg

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/FragrantX/Ironbladematik.jpg

Railgun works best with its great speed, guns that demand that you strafe are worst with this Next as its poor defense ratings are unsuitable for damage races with other lights. It's speed going sideways isn't anything remarkable, which is another reason why weapons with a high rate of fire won't work well. My strategy is to just basically bet it all in a single shot, Kapteyn is best suited for this job, as the recoil from bazookas leave them to the realm of anything that has high firing stability. I also tried out shotguns with some form of success, but they're high rate of fire demands that your within your opponents range at all times. I basically fight by going in and taking a shot with the Kapteyn and quickly getting out of range before missiles/lasers/bullets have time to rain down on me for tons of damage. Thats the standard thing to do, and also depending on the opponent, I'll go in and blade between Kapteyn shots or if they are a heavy, just blade them while peppering them with railgun shots at melee range for more damage[i think my blade only does 2000 damage a hit to a heavy of anykind, which makes the game even more fun since I dislike getting single hit kills, hence why I don't use the Moonlight.

This is the funnest, and most remarkable Next I have ever made and it's just absolutely great. ;) I'm able to fight and beat RANKERS with it! Something none of the prototypes ever did. Thats how much more powerful this is over my previous Nexts.

It's the successor to my best bipedal Next in AC4 which had the same scheme and was also a light. Although, my quad was still better than it by miles.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/FragrantX/Fire.jpg

All my add booster prototypes were failures since I never payed attention to the QB stats.

I'm impressed by this high speed Mech, I'm finally able to keep up with all those missile spammers online now.

...Oh my gentle jesus, what have you done here?

I'm sorry, but I am in no mood to sugarcoat this. Someone needs to point out just what an awful design this is, quite desperately.

Head: AALIYAH -- I really don't see why. There is nothing great about this head.

Core: SOLUH -- What is even the point of this? The EKHAZAR puts it to shame.

Arms: LAHIRE -- ...I... Why? Arm weight isn't going to detract too much from your overall boost speed, and you desperately need to make up the defense somewhere. Put on the TELLUS or HILBERT, they have higher EN supply and you need something to pick up your AP and defense.

Legs: SOBRERO -- Something of a gimmicky leg part, but it can be made to work.

FCS: INBLUE -- This isn't all bad. Of course, I'm sure you could've picked something better if, y'know, you used weapons that aren't altogether unsuited for one another.

GEN: SOBRERO -- I really don't see why you wouldn't just use the JUDITH, but alright.

MAIN Booster: VIRTUE!!! -- I, for one, do not share your enthusiasm.

BACK Booster: LAHIRE[iT REGAINS ENERGY IN MID AIR IF YOU BOOST WITH IT!] -- Well that's just spectacular.

SIDE Booster: LATONA --Fine.

OB: LAHIRE -- Unless you plan on using OB heavily,

RA: EB-0305 -- I personally think there are better choices among the blades. Granted, I think there are better choices not among the blades as well, so perhaps I shouldn't talk.

RL: KAPTEYN -- Really? A railgun, really? Of all the weapons to compliment a blade, you had to pick this?

BR: ACB-0710 -- Ah yes, additional boosters. That will save you when your combo of absolutely nothing but a railgun and blade renders you useless after forty shots and some hopeless flailing around on your part.

BL: ^

LH: EB-0600s -- ...Why the hell are you using the lesser hangar blade? The other one, whose name escapes me (probably because ACFA is a trainwreck) is significantly better. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why you wouldn't just use that, I'm sure it could be made to fit.

...Really, where to begin? You have an AC with no defense, an unconventional booster layout and a weapon combo that is Ironsoul-bad. The only feasible way to make a hybrid blade/gun setup is to have a reliable back cannon over top of the blade, and you don't even have that much. A set of back boosters will do nothing for you; no amount of speed is going to save you from the fact that you have a drainy AC with no defense and two weapons that in no way compliment one another (not to mention serious ammo issues). I think it's high time you went back to the drawing board with this one.

Edited by Sir_Altair

Virtue, at least makes sense for the blades sake if you'll agree with nothing else. It increases lunge distance and whatnot.

As for the Lahire arm change, I think the whole point was to make an obnoxious feather weight. I think a change from Lahire to Hilbert is a bit much, but Tellus I don't think would be too bad.

Sir Altair: Railgun is actually the only gone that works well with this Next. I pass by the opponent at highspeeds, and withing 500-300, take a quick shot and run during the guns cooldown. Granted, that 500-300 range lasts for only a second, as I'm flying by then at insane speeds, and the little distance indicator goes from 500 to 0 so fast that most guns would lose lock. A rifle/MG/laser gun demands I stay near the opponent, which with my wet paper defense, is a horribly horrible idea. I would have picked a sniper rifle, but the lower melee ability becomes appearent when I lost lock while flying by somebody while the Kapteyn actually keeps its lock for the timeframe needed to get a shot off somebody without staying for a gunfight.

The frame is mostly for looks, I would rather be at a disadvantage statistically than to play with something Ugly. I have a version of this that uses midweight arms and seems to do better, although something about it irks me, so I stay with this, the long Lahire arms go well with the Sobrero leg. Also, Aliyaah is my favorite head, thats why I'm using it. Soluh is also my favorite, but it happens to have a aerodymanic modifier that is high.

Ekzhahars speed modifier is too low for me, all those arms that were suggested would actually reduce the momentum I get from QB. Although, it just happens I like all the parts I equipped which is why I like this Next. I try to keep the frame the same, while trying to make it fit my fighting style. I've managed to get over 80 wins with this Next alone in the last two nights. It's pretty formidable. If you try to use it like a dual rifler, it will lose in an instant.

I actually beat an A ranker and several A classers with this seemingly weak Next.

EB-0305 is my favorite weapon, railgun is there because it fits my fighting style best[it also my counter to missile spammers and bladers, as it stops bladers when they lunge at me due to the high level impact of the shot, stopping their blade swing. The stun from MGs and rifles isn't high enough for this.

It was made for looks originally, yet its still winning, even against high skilled players/well built Nexts. Thats what I like about this game, a single playstyle isn't the only way to play in this game, it just happens everybody is using that because others found it. This fighting style I have is able to give DRs and other fighting styles a real run for their money. This game is great. ;)

Yeah, this Next is RISKY to use, but its not anywhere near low tier like it may seem. It's actually quite powerful.

/b/ - Yeah, I have actually tried a change to TELLUS last year, so that it would be sort of like my former favorite from AC4, although, it just didn't look right at all. I never tried Hilbert, I don't think it would help at all thought, the weight would negate some of the momentumn from a QB. [My next now noticibly drifts from going so fast from a Virtue QB.] The 7000 total weight is very noticeble to me after using a 10,000 version of this Next for months, there really is a great difference in speed and momentum, I think my previous gen, [Aliyaah] was weighing it down.

That wasn't Iron Blade, that was the fodder mech prototype: GreatBlade. I can't believe I even won with that scrapped metal. IronBlade has over double the mobility while having lesser energy drain, when I started using it, even RANKERs began to lose to it.

Last time we fought I was still using GreatBlade, which moves as quickly as heavy, while having the defense of a light. Thats worse than piloting a starter frame. ;) I thought it was because of lag that even heavies were running circles around me[a few heavies actually did that!] My record when we fought MX, I had like 5 wins out of 30, there was no way I should have won at all.

It's been a revolution since I started using Iron Blade, I have over 100 kills with it now, and even took screens of some of the A classers and A rankers I beat with it. ;)

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/FragrantX/TV2010030720380000.jpg

Heres a win during a ranked team battle, when I saw that the opposing team was an A classer and a RANKER, and both me and my ally were both B class, I thought it was going to be a loss, this was when I just barely started using Iron Blade and wasn't sure how he would put up against good opponents. His superiority index over the prototype surpassed all expectations, and I guess fighting in a fodder mech against superior mechs improved my skills. I would have taken more screenshots of my wins, but that would require running back and forth between duels. I was surprised when we won a battle against A classers! It was thrilling, every ranked team match I was in before ended in a loss due to my prototype being unable to keep up with DRs and missile spammers.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/FragrantX/WINvsRANKED.jpg

This mech is a different beast from the prototype, they may look the same and have the same defense, but in terms of mobility, Iron Blade has about x2.4 of what GreatBlade had, that really makes a big difference in this game, that means I get that much more distance of my energy bar.

I have about 9.00 class points, so these were from when I just started using Iron Blade and had to undo the negative number that my Prototype and other experiments had made in ranked, lol.

Edited by Fragrant

I don't think its lag warp, all I do is go towards the opponent and fire off a railgun shot and escape to hide somewhere or go out of their range to regain energy. I've seen lag warpers, and they have not only speed, but seemingly infinite energy, so they are all over the place and in the air for that matter. I'm on the ground most of the time, so I'm using things like terrain to hide from DRs. I still lose to any levels with a high roof, as my Next drains so much in the air that I'll be out of energy before I can reach somebody at the top of the bottomless part of Big Box. Notice the levels of both screens I posted have an extremely small roof, enough for me to reach anybody with the railgun and to use the VIRTUEs horizontal QB abilities to get in and out of somebodies range, most laggers stay within 300 while teleporting everywhere.

Also, you fought the prototype, and mentioned that it was only able to win if you stood still, no mention of lag. ;) Anyways, I would lunge in the old Next out of desperation since it wasn't able to get near you and I thought lag was glitching my energy, making it deplete faster than it would have when it was really my heave boosters are not where near as fast as even a mid-weight.

Somebody explained something about lag being made when somebody does a QB cancel many times over until the Next itself exceeds the ping, making it appear to warp. My next isn't able to QB chain more than 3-5 QBs before being depleted and being left to stand there while it regains energy due to low cap, when I'm fighting somebody, I have to use under 3 QBs when near them and escape with what little energy is left and get out of range so that I regain while they are trying to get to me, although snipers will just stay where they are and I have to basically rest in their blindspot when I get to them.

Besides, nobody that has fought it said that I warped, they even told me Good game.

Edited by Fragrant

Something approaching 3000 km/h. With that type of warping, though, it's not caused by desynch but just because the game can't handle it I think. I know it happens sometimes with the OB activation thrust in 1.40; it's the kind where you sporadically teleport up and down in quick succession.

I don't think that answered the question though. :<

Oh yeah, I saw somebody warping up and down while OBing, it never bothers me when people warp, just keep moving and they won't get you. I think its only visual lag and even on your screen, they will actually be where they should be even if they are invisible, because I manually aimed and fired where I thought somebody really was and I actually did damage. ;) I fired a little ahead of them because I noticed something during the duels when people warp, its more like the screen isn't able to handle the graphics, but them being where they are is unaffected. So basically its like an afterimage and they are just invisible temporarily.

Yeah sort of. With guns, at least, that's pretty much it. It's just that the game doesn't compensate for the desynchronization that causes so many hit registration issues. I don't think leading the shot, though, helps in this game since it's done automatically for you.

I haven't been on in a hot minute. Well...

Fulgent, you lagged unbelievably. Not trying to talk shit, since you weren't. Just trying to inform you. From all ranges, you lagged hard.

Even on the other 5-6 matches in rank, that I beat you (albeit with a different AC), you were warping.

Warping confuses the shit out of your opponent. Trust me. I was getting hit that first time without even seeing you. It really threw me off.

You know how to blade tho', if that's a compliment. You came at me, and connected...

That's what a fast warping blader AC does. You fly close, button mash, zoom faster, slash, take away shit loads of points.

You did it well.

Oh I see, I had no idea, I thought the player themeselves would see their warping[when I was watching a blader in player matches from their view, they were warping on their own screen, I thought I was going under the lag limit.]

Thanks, I time the blading just right, most bladers I fight just seem to spam blading until they hit, which they can be stunned out of by something like a sniper rifle.

Yeah, when you brought out Bane, that was beast. It also had an awesome emblem as well. Those were some good fights.

Yeah, you know when to blade. You're right about a lot of bladers blading on lock-on, and basically throwin' care to the wind. It's worth mentioning.

I think you could apply such a skill to a gunner variety AC tho'. Maybe you should think about it. Especially if you plan to enter in tournaments this site hopefully hosts in the future that will undoubtedly ban bladers. You don't want a handicap when that day comes -- you want to be legit in a "standard" AC.

;]

Yah. I've got tourney's scheduled to start up kinda soon. In about a month or so. Maybe sooner. It's likely that blading will be banned due to it causing too much lag. It's not that they're really broken in fA, it's just to facilitate as lag-free of a match as possible.

I see what you guys mean about blades and lag.

I think I will go and use my quad gun quad. Its the only other fighting style that I have mastered in this game and it is the inverse of Iron Blades method of fighting. [iB - melee to 500, Quad - 500-1000 and they both share similar attack maneuvers and even similar top speed.] The quad is insanely fast, even without quick boost, although unlike Iron Blade, is bad at dodging and just as drainy without the lightness or air agility to make up for it.

I don't think I could turn Iron Blade into a dual gunner, even if I got it to dual wield Kapteyns, the reticle speed goes down enough that it starts missing. [strangely enough if I single wield Kapteyn, I get about a 90% hit rate and manage to get a light to mid weight opponent down to 10,000 or less AP without using a blade, but then I'm all out of ammo and if I put another gun on my left arm, that 90% hit rate goes down to 50%. Which I think is good as it balances out dual gunners and stuff. I tried to single wield a heavyish gun with high ammo, but usually heavy recoil/drain puts this light at a disadvantage to those fully tuned for gunning things. This next was meant for single wielding a gun while blading inbetween, it was my most fun mech, too bad blades and add boosters turn out to have lag.

My quad is fun to use, although it somehow feels overpowered.

Also, I had a sub named Glass Lens which doesn't use blades and instead uses an AVIOR and laser cannon, it was supposed to be my sub, but it misses a lot, even when single wielding, although I made it for if they ever brough A.I. support into the game. I wanted to use it for mid range support for Iron blade as they both were built to work in tandem. Iron Blade goes in for melee attacks while Glass Lens unleashes lasers from 500. By itself, I haven't gotten it to win against non-noob players. It's floaty and is able to stay in the air without draining itself but its low defense and lack of speed make it weak in a mid range gun fight against a Dual rifler as they will be able to jink around with QB while Glass Lens drops after using both its quick boost and the lasers. It has a good OB to escape with so no AA, but at the same time, it seems strange for it to have OB because its not able to snipe things from 1000 range which would have made OB good for keeping things away. My quad seems to be able to do the job of both IB and GL quite well[it manages to get hits from even 1000 and is able to fight at melee range by firing its gun at people at point blank without a lock.[somehow Iron Blade isn't able to hit things with its gun at point blank, maybe this has something to do with stability or some other stat?]

Anyways, heres the inferior prototypes posted 2 weeks ago.

http://www.armoredcoreonline.info/index.ph...-14-greatblade/

http://www.armoredcoreonline.info/index.ph...a-14-ultralens/

Glass Lens had the most changes, while Iron Blade only modified some of its internals. So if there was a tournament and blades where banned, I would use my quad. As my only other non-blading Next happens to be not so great with my style of fighting. [i'm not sure what style to use laser wielders in, hit and run seems no good with the high rate of fire they get, although the judith arms might just be to low on aiming stats? I modified the legs since LATONA has way too high of a weight limit than is needed.]

Why did blades have to lag. :o Other than sniping things, I'm not sure what maneuvers to do in a mid range gun fight that involves QB side to side while firing at each other.

Edited by Fragrant