Omnia

Hyde

H-HILBERT

C-SALAUX

A-ALIYA

L-JUDITH--->SALAUX (to expand weight limits for accommodating OGOTO)

FCS-YELLOWSTONE01

GEN-GAN01-SS-GL

MB-JUDITH--->POLARIS (can still be JUDITH)

BB-HOGIRE

SB-KRAKEN

OB-JUDITH--->PALLAS (for quick angles)

RA-PITONE

LA-047ANNR--->MR-R102 (can't use MR-R100R due to weight limits)

RB-EC-O300--->OGOTO

LB-MUSSELSHELL

SH-NONE

TUNES:

50 tunes in generator output and EN capacity, arm maneuverability, FCS lock speed, and side quickboost. 45 tunes in forward quickboost. Remaining 5 tunes in load.

EDIT: 50 tunes in output, capacity, load, arm manueverability, FCS lock speed, forward and side quickboost.

STATS:

Total Weight-15372--->17070

Total EN Cost-16655--->16182

Firepower-5798--->7576

Anti-PA Capability-7501--->7696

Range Coverage-9999

Boost Speed-7464--->7188

Boost Duration-9888--->9546

Turning Ability-5792--->6066

Ballistic Defense-7639--->7203

EN Defense-6798--->6310

PA Effectiveness-5885--->5718

Stability-4367--->4732

AP-33732--->34056

EN Supply-35600

Lock-On Capability-9648

Sighting Capability-111

An AC built with a lightweight frame and omni-range fighting capability in mind.

FRAME: The frame is that of a lightweight biped, with HILBERT head for good defense AP, SALAUX core for light weight and low EN cost, ALIYA arms for light weight and good arm maneuverability, JUDITH legs for light weight, higher defense over SALAUX legs, and general mobility.

INSIDES: YELLOWSTONE01 FCS for great performance all-round, along with great lock distance for use with PITONE. SS-GL generator for decent weight and great output.

BOOSTERS: JUDITH mains for general EN efficiency and superior air power. HOGIRE backs for lower weight and general efficiency. KRAKEN sides for low weight, decent drain, and power/duration to help with side quickboost/evasion. JUDITH OB for lowest EN strain possible.

FRONT ARMAMENTS: PITONE is an incredible weapon. Performs great at all ranges, has nice damage, and hits pretty much every time. 047ANNR for lower weight, lower EN cost, higher velocity and greater range over MR-R100R. A good weapon at mid-close range.

BACK ARMAMENTS: MUSSELSHELL for pairing with PITONE or EC-O300. Provides pressure with its decent tracking, good damage, and great fire rate. EC-O300 for pairing with either the rifle or missiles. Has good melee ability for a cannon, good damage, and fast velocity. Has a slow fire rate, however. I wanted to put a grenade launcher instead of this, but it was too heavy.

PLAYSTYLE: Primarily an aerial bot fighting from long to mid range with PITONE/EC-O300 and MUSSELSHELL. Keeping range and a high altitude is key with this build, as its defense is barely stomached by most.

NOTICE: By switching legs to SALAUX and putting a total of 41 tunes into load, I was able to fit OGOTO onto the bot. I feel this completes the bot more than EC-O300, which was more drainy and far slower, and its role was too similar to PITONE.

Any help or advice would be appreciated, for both the frame/insides and weaponry.

I'm not sure how well aerial tactics would work with a design like this. That kind of thing works really well in fA where guns are less accurate, but I think this might get it's face kicked in by simply anything even remotely armored which also wields a Pitone. You can still use cover decently I think, but I also think it would be best to go with an extremely cover oriented build altogether.

I'll comment on a couple of things before I move on, the first being your usage of the Aliya arms. For this build, a more practical approach would be going with 047AN03 while lowering the weight on other areas of the design, most probably the weapons. Those arms have plenty of weapon support for the kinds of guns you're using and would bring your defense up. Aliya/A is a fairly niche part used almost solely for dual machine guns or assault rifle / mg. Although I wouldn't say it's high-end tier, there's also another specialized purpose for them on RJ builds, because of their low weight, high drain and control of energy weapons having decent synergy with that type of design.

I think your choice of Judith legs is understandable in this case for a more defensive style, but when/if you proceed to defensive tactics that rely on your movement more rather than defense numbers, Salaux legs will typically be better for controlling yourself around cover, just as they would be if you were using aggressive flanking tactics up close. Turning speed and cover play go very well together.

So from the first paragraph, I'm obviously gonna recommend a more grounded booster set up better suited for lightweight cover usage. Polaris would work fine, but if you can get away with it depending on what your design ends up being, run with Aliya/M or Virtue. I want a hotdog. The drain of Aliya/M will only hit you hard if you let the vertical drain come into play, otherwise it's a very straight forward and easy choice over Polaris because while it's much faster, it still won't take you near the drain Virtue naturally will. But, when you do get used to it, you'll learn when you actually can take advantage of the vertical thrust without letting the drain overwhelm you.

For a LW such as this, Overed Boost is extremely beneficial. You can control range and counter range control attempts, you can get in and out of cover easier and you can use it to move along cover. You can play mind games. You can do many, many different things. An easy go-to OB part is Linstant because of it's synergy with the GA generators, all you need to do is think a little bit ahead of time for long duration OB'ing. (Check your energy gauge!) If you want an easier time not worrying about your current energy levels, try out Pallas which uses slightly more KP for much higher energy efficiency.

Your weapon set was interesting to me at first. While I think it's going somewhere, it's going too far, with the laser cannon being in the center of the feeling that this is overkill in lasting ability. You shouldn't ever need a weapon like that when you have the Pitone in all it's firepower potential glory. An alternative I can think of that's similar to this would be Pitone / ER-O200, with one missile pack and relations somewhere depending on how you feel on that, though this would also be under the recommendation of Tellus arms. That can feel like a weird weapon set, though.

Though, the EC-O300 specifically is a very effective weapon for deep cover play with lightweights, much like any kind of laser rifle the arms can hold. Something I used to play on a design similar to what I've described so far would be Altair / Marve / Musselshell / EC-O300 / Beltcreek03, with Tellus arms. Imagine while heavier ACs will opt for hi lasers with cover play, that regulars laser rifles are the lighter equivelent. You don't have the raw damage, but you should have speed and accuracy on your side.

A barebones, yet decently effective weapon set is Altair / Aszaz, with Osage over the assault rifle and Beltcreek relations, with again, Tellus arms. This requires you to be accurate with your guns, though. You need to make the missiles count, you need to time your lasers and make many of the shots count. You're probably thinking why Aszaz, but the rifle can be used just fine as long as you never use it for damage racing purposes (You do not ever want to be damage racing, this is important) and take advantage of it's other strengths in the meantime. You could also just use a different rifle, I simply use that in this example because the speed felt right for the design I got this from.

All of these weapon sets may or may not seem wonky though, and some would probably opt for sets involving a Canopus as main gun, or even Vega. Regular lasers rifles to me though, fit a mobile cover playstyle better. More accurate, more velocity, you're quicker, you still hit fairly hard and it will even itself out the harder you make yourself getting a lock-on and controlling range against.

And as final note, even though I'm sure you're intelligent enough to already know this, what I've said here is all learned but not necessarily fact. I'm confident in knowing how heavyweights work in the metagame, but this is a much more complex playstyle and I haven't explored every nook and cranny of it. All I can say is that these things generally worked in practice in the days of me playing LWs. Hopefully you get use out of some of this garble.

I see. It's a prize to see the amount of ideas and experienced you've garnered over the time you've played. However, it's very clear that the rest of AC4/fA's players and I hold a much different mindset to the game. I'm very simplistic, very. I'm only looking to kill the other person and be challenged doing so. It's why I prefer agile LW's armed with rifles/MG's and what have you.

As for your design advice; I like it. I want to keep PITONE, because it's such a powerful and reliable weapon. I like the switch to TELLUS, as it lessens energy strain and improves defense, and appropriates the use of ER-O200. However, I'm not keen on the idea of ER-O200, at least not with this build. I wanted an omni-range AC, and while your advice for the weapon set is good, something I'll use on a different AC, I had the use of a grenade cannon in mind. I'll talk about this in a bit.

I think I'll change the mains to POLARIS but I'm not too fond of ALIYA mains in this game. The power's good, the lift is good, but it's still far too drainy, and not much of a relief from VIRTUE IMO. VIRTUE has a great niche; Pure speed, but for nearly the same drain and the only advantage being vertical lift I don't think ALIYA is viable in my eyes. POLARIS has decent, sustainable power, and I don't need any more power than I already have, as the weapon set is meant to sit at mid to long range.

My vision for this AC was, as mentioned, an omni-ranged LW. The weapon set I immediately came up with was PITONE, rifle, grenade, MUSSELSHELL. I went with EC-O300 due to weight concerns, but I have worked around that with SALAUX legs. So with this current weapon set, the gameplan is use PITONE and MUSSELSHELL together at mid to long range, appropriating my attacks for those who use cover, until they run dry. After they've run dry or if someone attempts to get close, I'll fly high, hit with the rifle, and pelt with grenades.

The weakness of this AC is obviously its defense, I'm aware of that. However, it's more appropriate to list what my AC would be weak against rather than its defense stat, as defense is merely a postponing trait, depending on your perception of things. If your weapon set can reliably work through any style/defense AC, then all is well.

As it stands, PITONE and missiles are this AC's main weakness. Primarily missiles, though. I'm gonna burn through PITONE and my missiles to dish out damage and lighten my load, so I know I'll outdamage any other person with PITONE unless they intelligently use cover, to which I'll counter with cover. Usually only heavier AC's use PITONE, in that case, I'll be able to hit more reliably with my own weapons than they are with theirs. They move slower, so my PITONE will be more successful, along with my missiles. Their flares may counteract my missiles but the rate of fire of MUSSELSHELL is so great that I can either time their flares or simply have them run out of flares, as it's very easy to run out of flares in this game. It's much more likely that only missiles will damage me from the range I'm going to be at using PITONE, though, as the missiles will pressure them and PITONE won't let up. Once I run out, however, that's when I'll be more exposed to my opponent's weaponry. My AC's defense will definitely come into play then.

Hopefully, the missiles and railgun will have eaten a good chunk of their AP, though I'm sure my opponent isn't stupid and will have used cover to circumvent this as best as possible, and hopefully I've conserved myself and timed my attacks as best as possible to circumvent this circumvention. After dropping these two weapons, I will be much more agile and EN abundant. I can have enough speed and freedom of movement to really take advantage of my frame. I will fly high as to avoid all I can and keep a vantage point for my grenades. Hi-laser wielding foes will usually be either baiting HW's or rushing LW/MW's. The HW's will be more dangerous as their defense and overall gameplan is to stay in the air while tanking and dishing out major damage. The rushers most likely will not be able to hang with me in the air, and will frequently visit the ground. A high altitude will counteract the targeting ability of lasers very well, along with backpedalling. Rushers in general typically stay on the ground anyways. The air defense of this build should prove sufficient to counter all, because the offense of MUSSELSHELL, PITONE, grenades, and rifles will be supporting me also. Each of these weapons can hit reliably, only cover can change this. Three of these weapons have the potential to cause fatal damage, especially PITONE and OGOTO, and MUSSELSHELL can too if they ever falter under the pressure.

I will use your advice for a different AC, so it did not go to waste. Thank you.

I think I'll change the mains to POLARIS but I'm not too fond of ALIYA mains in this game.

It's because ALIYA is terrible. It's not really faster than POLARIS but it's drainy. ALIYA is POLARIS with drain or VIRTUE without speed.

Other than that I agree with faust.

As it stands, PITONE and missiles are this AC's main weakness. Primarily missiles, though. I'm gonna burn through PITONE and my missiles to dish out damage and lighten my load, so I know I'll outdamage any other person with PITONE unless they intelligently use cover, to which I'll counter with cover. Usually only heavier AC's use PITONE, in that case, I'll be able to hit more reliably with my own weapons than they are with theirs. They move slower, so my PITONE will be more successful, along with my missiles. Their flares may counteract my missiles but the rate of fire of MUSSELSHELL is so great that I can either time their flares or simply have them run out of flares, as it's very easy to run out of flares in this game. It's much more likely that only missiles will damage me from the range I'm going to be at using PITONE, though, as the missiles will pressure them and PITONE won't let up. Once I run out, however, that's when I'll be more exposed to my opponent's weaponry. My AC's defense will definitely come into play then.

On this, anything can use PITONE and "in general" is kind of weird when only a few people play. But even assuming you're up against a heavier PITONE user, I don't think you have the advantage when sniping.

Both of you will easily be able to go in and out of cover and dodging at range is a simple side QB. You're going to have an AP disadvantage and every hit is going to do more damage to you. This situation is more about who is able to lock first and score a hit before darting back into cover. Barring tanks, any AC will have sufficient mobility. Lock speed/range and arm maneuverability/aim are the import factors here.

If you manage to close the distance, then you may have advantages as a LW, but you won't be doing that with JUDITH.

Edited by Exorcet

• 2 weeks later...
I went with what the edits are on the design, the arrows and what not. I did make another design according to Chode's recommendations, however. I wanted this thing to have a GL on it from the beginning, I just had to change it up just a tad bit in order to make it work.