StarCraft II Topic

Metalkon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you, the immortals should get a nerf. I don't like how the ghost is basically the one unit that can save you.

Everything else I can deal with. The game works pretty well. A few tanks and some turrets and not to mention an entire fleet of vikings and you have a perfect defensive structure.

Finally no more gay stasis or Dark swarm. Up yours zerg and protoss! >.<

I'm telling you, the immortals should get a nerf. I don't like how the ghost is basically the one unit that can save you.

Everything else I can deal with. The game works pretty well. A few tanks and some turrets and not to mention an entire fleet of vikings and you have a perfect defensive structure.

Finally no more gay stasis or Dark swarm. Up yours zerg and protoss! >.<

So get ghosts.

Edited by LCC

I'm currently working on a build for SC2 that lets me tech and max army quickly. The goal of the build is to make a highly mobile army of low tier Warp Gate units, that way they're easily replenishable and capable of defending and retaliating quickly. This build lets me max my army and get my tech by the 15:00 minute marker, nearly exactly. It actually maxes army just a bit before that, if done right. It's pretty good, I feel. Especially since it avoids the Robo Facility, which is super essential in every matchup. The reason I'm avoiding other tech paths is because I want to see if I can make this army composition work. Especially by the 15 min marker.

Anyway, here's the hard stats on what you should have completely finished by the 15:00 marker.

2 Nexus

4 Assymilator

24 Pylon

8 Warp Gate

1 Forge

1 Cybernetics Core

1 Twilight Council

Upgrade - Ground Weapons (Level 1)

Upgrade - Ground Armor (Level 1)

Upgrade - Hallucination

Upgrade - Warp Gate

Upgrade - Charge

Upgrade - Blink

52 Probe

30 Zealot

26 Stalker

18 Sentry

That's it! Once you hit 15:00 your main will be starting to run out of minerals, so you'll need to expand to a third base. The great thing is that you don't need to make units anymore, because you're hopefully maxed! Hopefully! This means your money will start to rack up pretty fast, so expanding is good since it uses up a bit of money to set up a good expansion. Also, you can just move over to it when your main runs dry instead of making more probes, which will happen pretty soon after 15:00. Ideally you'll want to create around 8 more Warp Gates as well, so you can replenish your army nearly instantly at any place with Pylon power. Feel free to tack on another Forge if you want fast upgrades, or even 2 forges for super fast upgrades.

The key is to use that army to make a pretty strong attack on your opponent. The Blink/Charge ability will let you target any silly expo's or undefended places they make easier, and Hallucination can do some amazing stuff. 18 Sentries means you can run around with 18 Imaginary Collosi if you like. Talk about confusing your opponent. Another neat use of the Hallucination is to use it early on, since you should have it finished by about 8 minutes, to make an imaginary Collosi and then walk him around the map. Your opponent may think you've hidden a Robo somewhere. Alternatives are Void Ray/Phoenix. Things that make them look for hidden buildings that don't actually exist are ideal for stalling.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing for now in SC2. Feel free to hard counter me if you play me.

I think the main problem you'll have are maurauder/roach timing attacks. Not having robo units makes mass units very powerful since you won't have collosi out. I'm not entirely convinced zeal/stalk/sent will be enough raw power since other races can match it easily. Edited by LCC

@ Penisdragon

Banshees seem to do well what with the immortal not being able to shoot air units and their relatively fast firing makes up for the immortal's hardened shield ability. Marauders/Marines on the ground can take out the stalkers that accompany the immortals to let the banshees do their thing.

Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

Managed to finish the build by 14:48 this time and squeezed in Ground Armor level 1 alongside the Ground Attack level 1. Updated my previous post to account for that. Now I'm working on smoothing it out so I get things in a cleaner order that's also a lot more stable.

Marauder are ok, but not so great against Zealots with Charge. Same with all ranged projectiles. Since Sentries are in the group I get an effective 4 armor on all my units in the bubble. All my base units have 1 naturally, 1 from upgrade, and 2 from bubble. Zealots and Sentries should only take 6 damage a hit from Marauders at that level, unless the Marauders have attack upgrades. Only the Stalkers take bonus damage from the Marauders, but they shouldn't be up front fighting the Marauders anyway. The immense amount of sentries allows me to use them for forcefields, shields, and Hallucination. And using Hallucination to give me fake air units or Collosi is great. I get vision up cliffs and the opponents will likely target them if they see one or two in the mix, buying my army a little more time.

Roaches are somewhat of a problem, though. 12 damage without upgrades and they regen health really fast. I have to admit that Roaches worry me to some degree, especially because they're only 1 food supply each. I find that rather annoying. I don't know how well I can split them using my forcefields, but I think that may be the best way to work things. I'm predicting that I'll be required to go for Immortals in PvZ, though. I don't know, though.

I'm gonna keep practicing this build tomorrow till I can get it down efficiently then test it online in like 10 matches at night. I'm really enjoying it, though. The mobility is great, and I can have a 3rd base, fast upgrades, and 16 Warp Gates ready to replenish the entire army by the 18 min marker easily. Being able to recreate it quickly makes me happy.

EDIT: Hallucinated Immortals still keep their Hardened Shield ability and it works. Neato. They take double damage for being Hallucinated, though. So 20 damage a hit from a Maruader till their shield pops.

I am going to go pre-order my copy of the collectors edition today. I think I might close up shop to go do it. I can get food and take a break from this hellish job where all I do is stare at a wall and your ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly faces!