The Aviation Thread

Exorcet

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/AeroIm/CoDRfinalCADimage.png

Proposed U-2/Global Hawk replacement

180 ft wingspan, approximately 60 ft long. The white rectangles (on both fuselages) are radar arrays of classified performance. GTOW is 58,000 lbs. The plane cruises at 58,000 feet for 20 hours with a 1,000 mile ingress and egress. F118 is the current engine choice. This info is based on preliminary specs, the final aircraft will be different, but should be close to the concept. The twin fuselage design was chosen to account for the large bending moment expected from high aspect ratio wings.

Our competition is going with a smaller relative of the Boeing Condor. The fight is on.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Like the PAK-FA, the J-20 does not have much available info. There is a lot of debate as to what its purpose it though. A lot of people think it will be more of a bomber because of its apparent size. I can definitely see it being a fighter though, in the sense that the F-4 was a fighter. Use speed and power over agility.

Also, I found a really nice video of F-22's in actual dogfights. To my surprise it looked like they actually used some of post stall maneuvers seen in airshows, but it might have been because this was close in fighting, rather than going from BVR to a merge. Still a cool video

• 2 weeks later...

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/AeroIm/CoDRfinalCADimage.png

Proposed U-2/Global Hawk replacement

180 ft wingspan, approximately 60 ft long. The white rectangles (on both fuselages) are radar arrays of classified performance. GTOW is 58,000 lbs. The plane cruises at 58,000 feet for 20 hours with a 1,000 mile ingress and egress. F118 is the current engine choice. This info is based on preliminary specs, the final aircraft will be different, but should be close to the concept. The twin fuselage design was chosen to account for the large bending moment expected from high aspect ratio wings.

Our competition is going with a smaller relative of the Boeing Condor. The fight is on.

Reminds me of the P-38 Lightning. With no cockpit of course.

No nose in the photo? That inlet spike had better not have been in a crash.

Reminds me of the P-38 Lightning. With no cockpit of course.

It probably looks less like one with the SATCOM buldge on the left nose, but the switch the AE1107 props might help the image. I kind of wish we kept jets though, figuring out the landing gear to allow the props to clear the ground is annoying.

• 4 weeks later...
First flight sucked ass sweat. Shitty tiny plane. Dallas to Salt Lake was good though. Talked to a friendly Canadian high school kid about guns and 'merika and Texas weather. Had a scotch. plane had wifi but I didn't feel like digging out my laptop and didn't want to waste phone battery.

• 2 months later...

You should make a story about tanks of secret stuff being held in secret plane compartments guarded by secret people who fire you and then do nothing to stop you from posting the story on the internet like this guy:

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Chemtrails/Witness_1.html

Except it was in the luggage!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...