Raven Breaker

Zephorius

Timeline: Last Raven Portable. Before Jack-O fucked everything up.

Overview: Hopeful citizens from Layered are slowly migrating to the Earth's surface dreaming of living better lives. They couldn't have made a bigger mistake. On the surface, the corporations are at the height of their ceaseless struggle with one another. People are rebuilding their cities every day using the support from the same corporations that decimated them, and the feeling of despair has only become worse as the battles continue to rage. Being supported, employed, trapped, and killed by the same organizations that run the surface they live on, many simply accepted their bleak future and saw no way out.

There are a rare few however, with the talent and power to change the course of the corporate conflicts.

ACs. Ravens.

Regardless, many of these Ravens readily sell themselves as war mercenaries to fight the same conflict they have the power to sway and change, with nearly no consideration to the consequences of their actions... If they're paid accordingly. Thus they spread the destruction so many have come to fear, and those who can only watch are helpless to stop it.

Elsewhere on the surface, there are those who have made a comfortable living within the vast expanse of nature, far away from the corporate conflicts. Among these few are veteran Ravens who refused to spin the cycle of destruction any further, and chose a more peaceful way of life. Some make a living protecting the new cities being built outside of corporate reach, and some simply retired from being a Raven entirely.

There is one world-weary Raven who is not content with watching the world burn, however. This Raven wants the power to send humanity back underground with his own hands, and claim the position of 'Controller' for himself. He looks into the night sky and knows what he must do to obtain that power, and he's not alone. There are others who seek it for their own intentions as well.

The countdown begins.

Feel: Contrary to the overview, the angle and focus of the story is the interactions between the mains and a few of the subs. It's war, so there's going to be a considerable amount of sadness, misery, regret, badassery, and a dash of IDGAF. Trust me, I know such from experience. The main method is to have the reader appreciate the small-yet-kind interactions between the pilots, and half-dread-half-love the AC battles before they begin.

The battles in Raven Breaker are more realistic, similar to the intros of Nexus and Last Raven. Every shot hurts, and every shot counts. Battles are bittersweet, aggressive, and laser blades can cut through an entire AC. Heavy ACs will have a new role in practicality of use with this different take on AC combat.

Characters will die. I may not be able to pull-off something with the epic magnitude of Sephiroth killing Aeris, however I do intend to give the reader a generally negative-yet-insightful feeling when someone does die. The reader may have a chance of feeling, say, sad, about a character's death.

Mains: Zephorius (permanent body damage), TM_Raven (psychopath), Niji (new Raven), Kakumei (Niji's operator), EJ (bad guy), LCC (somewhere in the mix with a quad and a flamethrower).

Subs: Avenger, Drake, Terminator, more to add as people submit two AC designs to me (no Human Plus / OP-I allowed).

-=-=-=-=-=-

Areas from AC1 are definately in this story. Anyone remember 'Justice' and Roa?

The more people that join the story, the longer I can make it last. More pilots, more missions, more chapters, more awesome.

Don't expect anything anytime soon. Deployment has me going everywhere and it's not to my favor. I'll give a timeframe of completion once I have the chance to.

I look forward to everyone's input.

Timeline: Last Raven Portable. Before Jack-O fucked everything up.

Overview: Hopeful citizens from Layered are slowly migrating to the Earth's surface dreaming of living better lives. They couldn't have made a bigger mistake. On the surface, the corporations are at the height of their ceaseless struggle with one another. People are rebuilding their cities every day using the support from the same corporations that decimated them, and the feeling of despair has only become worse as the battles continue to rage. Being supported, employed, trapped, and killed by the same organizations that run the surface they live on, many simply accepted their bleak future and saw no way out.

There are a rare few however, with the talent and power to change the course of the corporate conflicts.

ACs. Ravens.

Regardless, many of these Ravens readily sell themselves as war mercenaries to fight the same conflict they have the power to sway and change, with nearly no consideration to the consequences of their actions... If they're paid accordingly. Thus they spread the destruction so many have come to fear, and those who can only watch are helpless to stop it.

Elsewhere on the surface, there are those who have made a comfortable living within the vast expanse of nature, far away from the corporate conflicts. Among these few are veteran Ravens who refused to spin the cycle of destruction any further, and chose a more peaceful way of life. Some make a living protecting the new cities being built outside of corporate reach, and some simply retired from being a Raven entirely.

There is one world-weary Raven who is not content with watching the world burn, however. This Raven wants the power to send humanity back underground with his own hands, and claim the position of 'Controller' for himself. He looks into the night sky and knows what he must do to obtain that power, and he's not alone. There are others who seek it for their own intentions as well.

The countdown begins.

Feel: Contrary to the overview, the angle and focus of the story is the interactions between the mains and a few of the subs. It's war, so there's going to be a considerable amount of sadness, misery, regret, badassery, and a dash of IDGAF. Trust me, I know such from experience. The main method is to have the reader appreciate the small-yet-kind interactions between the pilots, and half-dread-half-love the AC battles before they begin.

The battles in Raven Breaker are more realistic, similar to the intros of Nexus and Last Raven. Every shot hurts, and every shot counts. Battles are bittersweet, aggressive, and laser blades can cut through an entire AC. Heavy ACs will have a new role in practicality of use with this different take on AC combat.

Characters will die. I may not be able to pull-off something with the epic magnitude of Sephiroth killing Aeris, however I do intend to give the reader a generally negative-yet-insightful feeling when someone does die. The reader may have a chance of feeling, say, sad, about a character's death.

Mains: Zephorius (permanent body damage), TM_Raven (psychopath), Niji (new Raven), Kakumei (Niji's operator), EJ (bad guy), LCC (somewhere in the mix with a quad and a flamethrower).

Subs: Avenger, Drake, Terminator, more to add as people submit two AC designs to me (no Human Plus / OP-I allowed).

-=-=-=-=-=-

Areas from AC1 are definately in this story. Anyone remember 'Justice' and Roa?

The more people that join the story, the longer I can make it last. More pilots, more missions, more chapters, more awesome.

Don't expect anything anytime soon. Deployment has me going everywhere and it's not to my favor. I'll give a timeframe of completion once I have the chance to.

I look forward to everyone's input.

Well, this will seem very interesting... Looking forward for your piece of art.

The idea of making weapons hurt really is something I agree with. However, you could keep that in with a mix of durability, or weapon crappiness. For example, my main protagonist in my fan-fic has got... the weakest blade in the game, but it's beefed up a bit by his customization.

Needless to say, you won't often see one hit kill blades in there...

It has also been in my imagination... that KSRW should be one or two hit kills... if aimed right (Like a sniper rifle)

I wanna be in it ;) and I has a fun ac for jou. you can pic either my mw (with gibbon arms instead of XS) Or my LW.

For weapons I has all gattling guns ;) The dual back gatts with dual hand gatts! and a hagared lb4. I don't ask for full H+, just fire back gatts while flying if possible?

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/theaegis/01-31-07_2200.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/theaegis/My%20Garage/PICT0482.jpg