TP on RJs: Should it be considered passable?

Niji Superfan

In Last Raven, RJs have the distinction of being the only leg type that is collectively low tier. Every single RJ leg is just altogether redundant, having no particular point of appeal other than high jump height (something rivaled by lightweights in this game anyhow). Hovers are arguably more worthwhile than RJs are in Last Raven, and they're not exactly gamebreaking as it is.

This brings me to my point: Do you think it'd be fair for RJs to have access to the TP where it would normally be restricted? Honestly, RJs basically play like lights or mids (varying from one model to another) with a speed drop of around 30-40 km/h. An RJ with the TP would basically handle like any decent mid with the VULTURE2, would it not? As far as I'm concerned, this would be a great way to lend some viability to an otherwise redundant leg class. I'm very firm in my advocation of TP restriction, but I think this is one instance in which an exception can be made.

Discuss.

We already know the main reason TP became banned wasn't for the sheer speed. It was the accelleration rate for said speed.

This causes an AC with the right weight to be near-gimped in juking capacity, similar to a paper quad with BIRDIE2. RJ's are one of the most turn-speed hindered legs in the game, and they also have a different turning axis point farther to the back when compared to Bipeds which are closer to the front. There is also the issue with what I call 'air accelleration' when moving forwards and backwards during freefall. RJ's have the third lowest rate so they're clearly outclassed by quads and bipeds thus causing them to only have the jumping power to their advantage.

Using TP may open a better window of viability with RJ's, however it needs to be restricted by weight-to-leg type to keep the 'broken' factor out.

Edited by Zephorius

• 7 months later...

He's right, though. TP's big issue is the accel. It makes OB obsolete completely, and it renders almost every weapon useless.

RJs are actually dope in LR. It's just that like with every other leg type...there's only 2-3 that work worth a damn. Still a great game though!