AC Music: Processed Vocals

Processed Vocals  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the processed vocals in the AC series?

• Yes.
    • No.

Music in the Armored Core series has long had processed vocals in it. These are lyrics that are passed through a number of filters to sound more mechanical and illegible. This inability to clearly understand what the words are saying tends to add an otherwordly effect to the tune and the mechanical sound tends to blend the music in with the Armored Core games rather neatly.

Here's a blog article from one of AC's fans: Processed Vocals in Armored Core

Another Soundscape is a musical artist who seems to enjoy composing and arranging music for video games. It just so happens that Armored Core is one of those games he enjoys. He's the same guy who's working on an AC tribute album for the series that was mentioned by LCC in another topic. The link is
here
. Check it out and listen to some of his music!

It's safe to say that Kota Hoshino, the lead composer for FROM SOFTWARE, enjoys processed vocals as well. If you follow his twitter or his myspace you'll see him link to the stuff occasionally, including his own remixes and arrangements like the ones on his MySpace Band profile located here.

I have personally found the processed vocals in AC to be slighly entrancing at times, though occasionally there are tunes that I feel are mixed hodge-podge with the vocals and just don't work together. I can safely say that I approve of them in the AC series and would like to see them continue being used. Some tracks that I really enjoyed with processed vocals in them are Monkey Likes Daddy, In My Heart, and Thinker.

However, not everyone likes this kind of music. Do you?

HE IS THE CREATOR AND THE SUSTAINER.

IN MY HEARRTTT AHHHHAHAHHHHHHHH

WHATEVER THAT GUY FROM THE FIREWORKS SONG FROM AC2 SAYS AHHHHHHNNNN

IT'S FASTER IT'S FASTER FASTER FASAFSAFSAFASFASFAFSAFASAFSAFSA

I WONT HURT LORRIN I CAN'T PRIDE MY HIT I COULD SAY IT'S YOUUUUUUU

RIGHT.RIGHT.RIGHT.OLOILIOLOLOLOOILOLHUUUUUHUAUUUUUUAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOAHHHHHH

AHHHWAHHHSAYYYNIIIII GO ON FOREVERR

AHHHHHHH.... AHHHHHHHH..... FLY BOY GO OOONN SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING

I DON'T CARE.... I DON'T CARE....

IIIIIIIIIII LORNMNMNMNMNNEEEEEEEE AHLLIOWAHHHHHHHH ALKALWHAAIRRRRR

RICHARD!!!!

I WOULD SOMETHING SPEED FOR YOU

CANMINSYINEDONTKNOWWHATWEDONA321GO DANANAAAA LLALALAAA WHYISNTHEMEINWHIS321GO

OLALOWWALEE INWELOLWNEN

AHHH FLY AWAY FOR INTO SOLALLSANA YOUR SHININGFACE LESDESHOU LERRINDA GREAT MORNING GLOW GREAT MORNING GLOW WELSAIN O DES OH

AH EH AH EH AH EH AH EH AH EH AH EH GLW ON CARRY GLOW ON CARR DESIK LALA CARRY SOO I'LL LARRY

AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND

DO DO HOO HOOOHOOO DO HO HOOOOOOOOO HOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEE AHHHHHHHH I'M A THINKER I COULD BREAK IT DOWN I'M A SHOOTER DRASTIC BABY

SOOO LEH DAYTIME TWIST IT

ALL HERE TONIGHT.... ALL HERE TONIGHT...

SITTING ON A PARK BENCH. EYING LITTLE GIRLS WITH BAD INTENT. SNOT RUNNING HIS NOSE. GREASY FINGERS SMEARING SHABBY CLOTHES. HEY, AQUALUNG! DRYING IN THE COLD SUN. WATCHING AS THE FRILLY PANTIES RUN. HEY AQUALUNG! FEELING LIKE A DEAD DUCK. SPITTING OUT PIECES OF HIS BROKEN LUCK.

SO DO THINK HE'S JUNK SET BY MY EYE SEARCHES THING MYSELF WITH YOU SOMETHING IN JUNK WAKE MY FORJOOOO WAKEYERSELF FOR GETTING MYWAY

MRELEOOHOUN

• 2 weeks later...
While I at times found their unintelligibility frustrating, I have indeed come to appreciate the vocals. They really do help seem to keep some kind of consistent signature motif within all the soundtracks, even when the overall soundtrack drastically changes, like AC2 to AC3 to Nexus.

• 3 months later...