FS Hosted AC Fan Event (7/29/2010)

On July 29th, 2010 starting at 8PM (Japan Time) FROM SOFTWARE will be hosting another fan gathering this month. They will be broadcasting the event live via their UStream page. This event will be very late at night for North American viewers. For those of you who want to watch it, it will be 6:00 AM Central Time, July 29th (-6:00GMT).

This event seems to be another big Aaliyah MAX gathering with the initials "OA" in its title. I'm not 100% sure what the OA stands for, but the gathering seems to once again be focused around our dear Mr. Kawate. Two good guesses at what OA stands for so far have been "Official Announcement" and "Open Arena". I'm leaning more towards Open Arena since Kawate is a big piece of the event. With no listed end-time I can't say what else may or may not be present, especially since their official page doesn't say anything else. I will make an effort to stay up and watch it in hopes of their being some AC5 info, though I can't say whether there will be or not.

Much love,

-Niji T.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing concerning AC5 or I would have posted it.

They had a panel of AC designers talk about the older generation AC games a bit, a bit about fA, and then they did an interview with a top JP LRp player. They even showed him playing while holding the PSP in a really crazy way. After that, they did a short guide to helping people design their LRp bots. I guess a lot of JP players of 4/fA have never played LR or down. The bot they worked on sucked initially and sucked less at the end of the tutorial, but still sucked. Oh well.

Haha. Sorry Griff, I figured you'd be one of the few here who would actually be waiting on news.

I can say that they did mention AC5 along with some special Playstation magazine thingy. It was a very large artbook style magazine, though. I assume that it's images only.