Ace Combat

Liarbird

AC6 MP was basically fly in circles and spam QAAMs as an Su-47

I always flew Su-33s

I still fly the Su-33..

Su-33 is a good plane.

Just played MP and I have to say AWESOME!! Only problem is I didn't encounter a whole lot of players which is odd, then their are the hosts who flat out pussy out. It's so awesome that I can actually get shot down if I don't seriously think about my actions.

Seriously I played Acecombat 4,5, and Zero so much that I beat levels while passing out then waking up just in time to avoid crashing. Sometimes I'd fall asleep and wake up realizing I zombie played my way through the last parts of some missions. But this? This game I can't fall asleep on haha.

Edited by Ogawa L.A

Alright: I finally went and finished the game. Fucking ICBM, shit.

The final fight is by far one of the better ones, that was goddamn insane.

Side note: Multiplayer for this has grown on me: though I'm still getting the hang of DFM stuff. If you can get a team that can work together, its a fuckin' blast.

Su-35S is nice on that note: but it's a high tier plane, and all I'm waiting to unlock right now is Strigon callsign, so I can rock the Strigon team Su-33 once more.

as well as repaint it to something neat...

Edit: two more Survivor medals to go... not easy to get either...

Edit2: Just got it!

Had to stick to low rank plane rooms for it. because fuck flying against Su47s PAK-FAs and F22s

Edited by ^Slaanesh

Ah yeah that final showdown was beyond awesome I seriously felt I was in one of those classic dog fighting movies. Reversal after freaking Reversal, and his damn firing of missiles while I was behind him. That was definitely the best way they could end this game since the Trinity itself wasn't exactly that spectacular of a weapon. Or is it? I tried digging up something on a similar weapon that could be carried by a fighter craft but nothing really came up. Considering the ratio between amount of material and explosive radius it does seem quite impressive and easily more powerful than a nuke it's size. But that's only speculation I couldn't find any real details on what exactly Trinity was in the game beyond being a small amount of material that makes a big BOOM!

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, I liked the PS2 series better. Besides, I've gotten used to fighting enormous bosses that have like 50 targets all over the place. Enemy wise, if I wanted a challenge, I would go through 4 on Ace mode just to take on Yellow Squadron. However, it was decent and interesting. Still trying for the Wardog tag. The Unsung War is my favorite. Edited by darkluke1992

• 2 weeks later...

So, I rented the game for PS3 and noticed differences from XBOX.

1. I got used to the controls way quicker and the compaign was a lot easier for me though at the same time I felt that all the AI was somehow smarter so it definitly wasn't simply because I played through it already on the 360.

2.Online is way more hectic (WAY MORE PLAYERS) and I ran into a lot of pilots who were either insane good or found out ways to spam DFM on me. I researched some more info on it, it appears people advice using the default mode instead of classic. I'll have to try it when I finally buy a copy of the game.

Playing a helicopter only deathmatch was freaking awesome, no one knew how to fly the damn thing except for me I completely murdered them haha.

3. I checked the leaderboard, apparently the top player in the game has a kill ratio of 200/1...Am I freaking seeing this right!? maybe it's also taking down AI opponents or something but damn that's some crazy ratio.

Edited by Ogawa L.A

I only have three problems with this game.

1. Evil Russians. Always.

2. Hawks.

3. It IS CoD of the sky.

Besides that it's not that bad and the fact you don't have to do all the weird stunt chase mode stuff. Just funny how Hawks and Ace Combat flipped roles there.

I only have three problems with this game.

1. Evil Russians. Always.

2. Hawks.

3. It IS CoD of the sky.

Besides that it's not that bad and the fact you don't have to do all the weird stunt chase mode stuff. Just funny how Hawks and Ace Combat flipped roles there.

Ah you mean H.A.W.X. that confused me. I get confused easily...

After spending some time with the game the faults have become more obvious. I love how DFM changes the dynamics of mutliplayer but I also see how players have learned to abuse it. It could use a little more refinement.

The game in general has always been half near accurate flight sim and half arcade shooter. With Assault Horizon it feels even more like an arcade shooter that I grew up playing and a flight sim with the added sensitivity of the stick and rudder.

The one thing I did want to see in an Ace game is something that they still seem to refuse to add. BLACK OUT!!!! If anything we should be forced to black out in multiplayer if we perform manuevers that are simply beyond superhuman. There could be points for how much stress your pilot can take before they black out as well. It would be as simple as forcing the Aim Assist off of mutliplayer for COD or BF or any FPS.

• 3 months later...

I like how it looks when not in the zoomed in mode, but in that mode it seems pretty dumb. You're being chased? Hit a button (I assume), have your plane do a flip and then the enemy is in front of you now.

Whatever the story is, I doubt it is better than 5's too, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ace Combat Infinity will be free-to play and comes out on PS3 this year.

Namco-Bandai is notorious for having a lot of expensive DLC so I'm wondering how gimped this game is going to be in order for you to give them money for content that should have been in the game in the first place. I expect all the best planes will be locked behind the paywall.

• 3 weeks later...