Murasumane

K.K

AC Name: Murasumane (M-10 continuity wise)

AC Game: Last Raven

Classification: Midweight Hover

Core Type: OB

Revision: look below for revisions with ( )

Frame:

Head | Core | Arms | Legs

CR-H05XS-EYE3
|
( C06-EOS )
|
(
A11-MACAQUE )
|
CR-LN85

0/0/0/10/0
|
10/0/0/0/0
|
9/0/1/0/0
|
0/0/3/0/7

Internals:

Booster | FCS | Generator | Radiator

-N/A-
|
(
CR-F73H )
|
G01-LOTUS
|
ANANDA

0/0/0/0
|
-N/A-
|
0/3/7
|
1/0/

Armaments:

Inside | Extension | R Back | L Back

I05D-MEDUSA
|
CR-E92RM3
|
-N/A-
|
KINNARA

R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

( CR-WR93B3 )
|
(
CR-YWH05R3
)
|
-N/A-
|
-N/A-

Optional Parts:

O01-ANIMO
|
CR-O69ES
|
CR-O69SS
|
(
-N/A- )
| CR-O79L+ |
O03-CODON
|
O08-RIBOSE
|
CR-O86R+

--------------------------------------------------

Frame Color:

-
Base
|
Aid
|
Opt
|
Det
|
Jnt

R
: 047 | 068 | 200 | 107 | 200

G
: 040 | 068 | 200 | 060 | 168

B
: 020 | 068 | 200 | 000 | 000

Note: Except the head detail which is 200 to red.

Weapon Color:

R Back | L Back | R Arm | L Arm | R Hangar | L Hangar

-N/A- | Yellow | White | White | -N/A- | Black

Note again: From seriously needs to give us fully customizable weapon pallets seriously.

Statistics:

AP:

Weight
: 7497

EN Supply
: 3054

Stationary EN Supply
: 5479

Max Boost Speed
: 456

Turning Speed
: 1303

Stability
: 5134

Cooling
: 15363

Def Shell/Energy
: 1771
/

Description:

This would be my staple the hover standard going back as far as AC2 and Zio Matrix's F.A.D.O.D lol. anyway the basic idea behind this thing is hit them hard and never and stop moving. Sadly my cash flow hit a snag during the period between Sl to LR, and due to finding LR in the local K mart and cash on hand decided to give it a shot and assumed it was not much difference from AC 3. Oh boy i bet you all could just see how ecstatic I was learning how FROM gave all hover users a big oppressive B.F.G of a middle finger that got conquered months and months later. As far as the internals go, it's pretty much self explanatory but just for the sake of funny... ( From Software designer: Duddddddddddddddddeeee lets jack up hover booster heat so much that they have to wet hump the Lotus/Fudoh - Ananda combo Another designer: Yeah man and then make the effective shooting ranges on most weapons to 400 *both smoke more weed* ) The FCS basically permits me to stay far away from Cores that are either slow or lack stamina and chip chip away with the Golem at the farthest possible distance also for faster missile spam and drop. (replaced with R3 and F37 after realizing the extent the speeds in this game BS along with most maps having the overall size OF 500 or less short of arena and the desert >_>) The BP (Now B3) is for close and mid range encounters both early and late game, and the wraith was the most useful thing i could put in the hanger to use when the Golem runs out. On another note CR-o71ec, Cr-o79l+, and Codon are your best friends ever on this build with the O08-Ribose and, Cr-o86r+ supplementing the decent radar stats of the Eye3 head.

Tactics:

First thing i stress enough that all hover ravens especially in this game is to never and i repeat never stop moving thanks to the tune's and optional part buff's the lotus in this build can supply what a unbuffed G91 can without the 3k calorific value which allows us to pretty much take anything short of duel bp/Gaea runner builds/hard OBing and pretty much stay ice cold with this build.

Since now that fact is out of the way depending on who or what your enemy is you will most likely go with the standard spam and drop with your back and extensions with (R3) support ( Note: you should have no need to lift off of the ground with the straightforward flight path of the Satyuros/Rm3 missle combo if you do make sure to position yourself to handle the ln85's idea of landing lag by either taking cover or engaging the ob once missiles are launched to keep the tempo up either should not be too hard.

(Changed to kinara follows the same logic but with the added option to joust high explosive buckshot in the face.)

Also concerning BP, if you are in the 400 range and you take the time in test mode to learn how to shoot the fast firing slow to reload BP and the slow to fire quick to reload Golem in unison, or with the Golem being the first one to fire you should be able to land a majority of all BP shots at this range and increase chances of parts breaking. If the enemy is being a pesky little bugger and keeps you moving and you are having trouble pushing both buttons at the precise time while keeping the boost button mashed just stick with one at a time until you can easily hold your ground after all the people don't call the BP evil for nothing. ( Same style with B3 and R3 just faster and more easily done with the f37h the lockbox is a lot bigger )

Last note: The medusa's are there to help give you a opportunity to ob run and not fear the retribution of evil missile spam up your exhaust port also to help when you want to conserve your energy gauge for later, and once again the Wraith is a little something to help the bp out once the golem runs out of ammo and makes a good end game finisher. (removed the wraith due to ammo buffs given by the R3 rifle and damage buffs from Kinnara)

Known Issues:

From what i have read and studied from other designs this unit has lack luster def totals all around good news is AP is still at 8k so it should be all good

The lock box might be a little bit though to get used to.

For those who rarely use hovers: Do not stay airborne unless it's necessary your flight speed is as fast as your walking speed on the bright side you have the acceleration speed that is greater to the almighty king of cheese boosters known as TP so hopping is easier than other non RJ builds so landing is your only problem.

You will most likely have some issues dealing with LW quads and bipeds and if they are built for close range, Snipers too depending on the build

It's a hover unit and while i have managed to kill off the heat issues so you may boost to your hearts content with this thing if they go red your entire game will be reduced to drop everything other than BP and Wraith, OB like you never OB'ed before, and pray to god you win the damage race while simultaneously screaming FFFFFFFFFFF.

(New build is now significantly beefier and lockbox bigger all other rules still apply to given light weights of specific builds and legs going boom.)

PvP Information:

None as it stands thanks to the evil dark lord of satellites Hughesnet hopefuly i could play some of you once the state here gets to supplying cable and dsl to the boonies.

Notes: 15 option slots are evil but workable.

Edited by Niji
Added AC:LR prefix and fixed some stuff for KK.

HEY YOU! You made an AC for Tips & Tricks a long time ago. That article in Tips & Tricks is what helped inspire me to play AC. Werd. It was for AC3 and it was called "Bumblebee". So good.

Nice to see you around again K.K.

Hmmm I think I remember that tips and tricks mag but i know for a fact that was not me i tried to post a few though was it the blade hover build in around 2002-2003 that you might have seen? it's been a long time since i read a armored core column in gaming magazines T_T.

Edited by K.K

I don't really like the mix of low ap/defense/speed/small lockbox.

I'd prolly go eos ob with just bp/hp and f73h.

If you want something lighter, then I'd still go for the bigger lockbox with f73h and ws lefty, but have a very spammable and lower weight right hand weapon like shade/ r2 etc.

Edited by TMRaven

I don't really like the mix of low ap/defense/speed/small lockbox.

I'd prolly go eos ob with just bp/hp and f73h.

Hm and I thought I fixed speed.

If this game did not have it's leg biased breaking system I would opt for the hp f73h as well but the thought of limping makes me want to stay as far from anything as possible to keep hits absolutely low though for the hp build I'd still keep OB, and use the extra weight still for a left wraith and the A11-macque for 1600 defenses and about 170 more ap.

Edited by K.K

Wanting to stay away is a great concept for hovers, but your weapon set and FCS have two problems with Last Raven's mechanics. Weapons in last raven have bad accuracy due to a combination of booster acceleration, low projectile velocity and hitboxes. Having a narrow-deep FCS for extra range won't help your cause that much, because weapons won't be effective until within 300-400 range anyways.

Hovers tend to have fast horizontal movement on the ground, and would still like the ability to have a cqc deterrent if the opponent gets in your face, so a bigger lockbox is especially important for hovers. LCC has one of the most successful hovers I've seen, and it runs a big box with ws lock gun on the left for lockbox size buff, along with the very spammable shade (his hover also does 560 on the ground). That would probably be your best bet to do when playing keep away. Other good bets are having very spammable, but light weapons that don't effect your lockbox size as much (like rs/r3, or dual rifles)

My hover uses BP with lefty hp, but with eos ob. It works so well because it actually has the AP to play keepaway, while enough shell defense to do a good job at tanking most chip shots from long range.

Edited by TMRaven

Don't hate on ln85.

k.k.: my hover runs eye3/eos/a72f/ln85/-/f73h/g69/hazel/dd10/rm1/69m/-/bp/hp

Mama mia that's some shell def reminds me of the old days where heavy hovers were a legitimate build.

Anyway updates on top of the screen everybody.

Edited by K.K

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

While the EO would help with DPS and give hovers a means to shoot at people while focusing on dodging the ability to GTFO

with speeds clocking 500+Kmh with even broken hover legs and ob glide make it more desired.